GNN Newsflash

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

GNN Newsflash

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:49 pm

In a shock announcement Mooncrest Industries has stated that they are only going to be manufacturing Guardian and Boomerang spaceships to order. We managed to contact Blake Mooncrest, proprietor of the shipbuilding company, who had the following comment:

“Guardians and Boomerangs are being purchased faster than we can make them. In the recent past sales of Seraphs were also at record levels, as fraaggii will confirm. Although sales of Seraphs has now normalised, sales of Guardians and Boomerangs are still at record levels.

My Sales Team cannot explain this exceptional level of sales. The number of Pilot Citizens graduating from the Space Academy does not seem to justify this level of sales and the Sales Team cannot understand why sales of this Class of ship to veteran pilots would be at this level.

In any event, the fact that Class 11 ships are being bought at such a rate may mean that not all our potential customers are be able to buy a Class 11 ship directly from the GM. Therefore, we are now only going to supply these ships to order. We have Class 11 ships in stock at our main distribution depot on SS Plato, so we will be able to fulfil your order as soon as possible after it is posted.

To place an order for any Mooncrest Industries product simply post your requirements to the Mooncrest Industries thread in the Galactic Market forum. Your order will be fulfilled and put on the GM in your name as soon after posting as is possible.

Since data about sales from the GM is non-existent, this new policy will, possibly, enable my Sales Team to determine why sales of these ships are at such an exceptionally high level. This will enable us to determine if we need to expand out manufacturing capacity to deal with it.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Flavos Highway IV
Mayor of all MI Facilities in Miners Paradise, MITH Menzel 3, MID Holderness, MIB Farmers Market and MIB Ixaal

User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: GNN Newsflash

Postby Loke » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm

I have sold 20 Seraphs and at least 10 mammoths, which is small numbers compared to what I think Mooncrest Industries have sold.
I have added some NPC version of Ophan and Lev, if that's what the ships are needed for.

NPC version Ophan on GM for 1.2b, same price as the standard Seraph without HD I have put up earlier, but with 136k cargo space compared to 20k on the Seraphs. So yeah, don't waste your money buying a fully equipped ship to give to a NPC :)
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Mining yield calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0