Great Gate Ring

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
no avatar
User

rastilion

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Alveran

Great Gate Ring

Postby rastilion » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Greetings dear senators,

I extend this call to any systems within 300 light years (±50ly) around Apollo.
In preparation for more pilots as well as to reduce the traffic in the core junctions, i want to propose a ring or sphere around the UNCA-controlled territories.

Systems that are interested in becoming part of the ring so far are:
Alveran
139.76ly
Beware Testing
205.84ly
Asgard

Any interested Senators are welcome to participate. If you are interested in becoming part of the future backbone for all external travels, please put down your system below with distance from Apollo and the shortest distance to any of the mentioned systems.

Whenever a new segment of the ring can be built, i will get back to you to discuss the details.

Kind Regards,
Rastilion Carawis, Senator of Alveran
Last edited by rastilion on Thu May 11, 2017 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Re: Great Gate Ring

Postby Leprosi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

*raises hand

count me in
Leprosi

Senator
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Being that the Aptic Cluster and other systems under my control are on a path in line to the core with Asgard, I do not think they can be considered for this form of project.

The scale of this operation would be immense...far greater then anything currently undertaken. It would be great if new technologies were available...though I suspect that will not be the case for some time.

The circumference of that circle would cover almost 950LY

All that being said, I offer any support I'm able to give to such a project. I would fully back the planning and development of it...even if it were estimated to take years.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:32 pm

wow cool idea
have to say was catch off guard as senator of Asgard didn't know this was a proposal :D

think it would be a great thing in the future, at the moment we have a lot of gates planned and some really big ones still being worked on like the return trip from aptic to haven.

i do like the idea of a 'ring road' however thing it's a bit early for this size of one BUT i had though a small ring around the inner 9 would be good , get the npc's out of the inner nine congestion, and I think some of those connection have been done but not sure.

prism and asgard are not connected yet to the aptic cluster (the last connected spot to the big backbone gate chain and help on that would be greatly appreciated.

ALSO don't forget about the search for 3 fantastic under 1 grav location near asgard.
if they are picked i can offer some reward if wanted. these are to get terra-formed and connected to a asgard.

but will support whatever is the will of the galaxy :)
no avatar
User

rastilion

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Alveran

Postby rastilion » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Dear Senator Hubes

Of course I know that this is a massive project I have no chance whatsoever at completing alone.
But i also know that support for re-building our economy and re-claiming our once large empire is a given thing among most of our pilots.
As such i have no doubt that the ring will get done. There is no timeframe set for the completion of the ring. Also, the gates that may have existed in the past have taken their time as well. And WE will be faster than they once WERE.
Also i hope at one point to bring Miners and Traders guild into this project.

Dear Senator Wulf

Up to now, this is only a suggestion. Nothing has been planned or proposed yet, but your interest seemed genuine enough for me to put one of your systems on the list.

And last but not least, dear Senator Leprosi,

Thank you for your belief in this project and your promised support.
I will be making plans for gating our systems later on today. I hope to catch you on the comms then.

Kind Regards,
Rastilion
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:44 pm

rastilion wrote:Dear Senator Hubes

Of course I know that this is a massive project I have no chance whatsoever at completing alone.
But i also know that support for re-building our economy and re-claiming our once large empire is a given thing among most of our pilots.
As such i have no doubt that the ring will get done. There is no timeframe set for the completion of the ring. Also, the gates that may have existed in the past have taken their time as well. And WE will be faster than they once WERE.
Also i hope at one point to bring Miners and Traders guild into this project.

I hope you did not take my previous statement as criticism...quite the opposite, I think it is a great large-scale project! With the massive Aptic Gate entering the final weeks of construction it's no longer the grand and ambitious futuristic goal it was originally. I dare say large gates are almost becoming ho-hum.

It appears that the Aptic Cluster and Big Project gating systems will be essential as the only gated path to reach out that far...as of yet. The Red Zone chain will likely be a second spoke to this gate wheel.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
no avatar
User

rastilion

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Alveran

Postby rastilion » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:52 am

Hubes wrote:I hope you did not take my previous statement as criticism...quite the opposite, I think it is a great large-scale project! With the massive Aptic Gate entering the final weeks of construction it's no longer the grand and ambitious futuristic goal it was originally. I dare say large gates are almost becoming ho-hum.

Your words were not taken as criticism, but the way they were meant.
My reply was meant to be an indication of my commitment to the project.
I started planning this knowing the risks and materials involved.
But i started it anyways, because i believe in the people i hear over the comms and their will to do what is necessary to re-build and re-discover earth.

The first gate will be planned within the next few days.
I hope that by the time the connection to Asgard gets established, the link from asgard to the aptic cluster will be ready.
no avatar
User

rastilion

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Alveran

Postby rastilion » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:03 pm

The first gate is up and under construction, leading from Alveran to Beware Testing.

A quick question to the Senators Wulf and Leprosi:
Would you be willing to plan the next gate between yourselves or would you want me to plan it?
If you want me to plan, i would need a rough position to place it.

Regards, Rastilion
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:08 pm

do u mind placing it?
no avatar
User

Flavic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:10 am

Postby Flavic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm all in i'm even gona say that I'm already planing a gate from Flavos Expanse to The Food Court

here are the coordinates of future building sites

Please note that all osbs are already built in these locations and planned gates will be up after next elections.

Flavos Expanse (-16, -34, -4)
gilead (-15, -28, -3)
Flavic-vrn-569 (-14, -21, -1)
Flavic-7cc-570 (-13, -21, -1)
Flavic-gdq-571 (-12, -18, 2)
Flavic-rdl-572 (-11, -2, 3)
Durah-te8-9 (-11, 5, 5)
The Food Court (-11, 11, 7)

Also I'll be working on gate Flavic-u7t-568 first
Last edited by Flavic on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------
Senator of Flavos Expanse
Senator of Flavos Continuum
Senator of exteriorem
Senator of gilead
Senator of Flavos Highway I, II, III, IV and V
Next