Announcement of Presidential Candidacy

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Announcement of Presidential Candidacy

Postby Hubes » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:16 am

Six months ago I stood before you all and gave my reasons for not entering the Presidential race. I was still heavily involved with development of the Aptic Cluster, construction of the Aptic Gate, and industrializing the Haven System. The Aptic Gate has been completed, the Aptic Cluster has expanded to 9 gate connections from the core Aptic System as well as cross gates, and Haven now has 5 gate connections and dozens of star bases. With all of this completed I can now focus on grander goals.

I, Hubes of Nexus Enterprises and founder of the Trade Guild hereby officially declare my candidacy for the position of Colonial President.

With the development of the Colonial Senate, the continued progress of the various guilds, and the economic growth of our many private businesses we are in a stronger position then we've ever been in since the Great Fall. Our gate network is expanding at a rapid pace...reaching further and further into long forgotten space. We are in uncharted space...both literally and figuratively. With the formation of the Senate we are finally starting to take responsibility for ourselves where in the past we simply left it up to the UNCA.

I would like to take a moment to present my platform regarding a few key topics:

1: Combat

With the increase in pirate activity there is much talk on how to handle the situation. I firmly believe in upholding a System's sovereignty. Each System should keep the right to handle security within its borders as it sees fit. I am against the establishment of a new government military. Systems should decide for themselves whether to hire private security, perform their own, or do without. We're already trying to wrestle power from the UNCA...I do not feel we need to give what little we have to yet another military organization.

2: Economy

I advocate continued growth and expansion economically. I reject self-imposed restrictions on businesses, and encourage all forms of entrepreneurial ventures. I believe that humanity can accomplish anything if we try hard enough...even such grand goals as recovering from the Fall and finding Earth. As soon as we start looking back and letting fear drive us, we'll stagnate and falter yet again.

3: Technology

Ever since the UNCA released a limited amount of special technological advancements, there has been a huge drive for domestic re-engineering and deployment of comparable devices. I have heard that the UNCA is still in the research phases, but rumor has it advancements such as terraforming -will- be released in the near future if only in basic form. Much closer to realization is the next level of star ship...which should be released any day now. These technological advances are vital for our continued growth and prosperity and will be a daily focus of mine for the foreseeable future.

4: Recruitment

It's been some time since the UNCA's mass recruitment drive (those recruited in that drive were known as Steamies) so many either forgot or were not here to witness the event. The initiation of the recruitment drive wreaked havoc with both the Galactic Market and the Stock Market, and backlogged the production of builders for weeks. I have intel that suggests that such an event is only months away. I will be devoting much of my time helping us prepare for such an event to help harness the energy it brings and invigorate our economy without completely overloading it as it did last time.

I thank you all for your time and look for your support in this demanding but essential role. I am happy to answer any questions you may have for me or my policies.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Arda, Sufagnoff, Boraash, Gluteus, Prism, Outlands, Memorial, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Somewhere out There

Re: Announcement of Presidential Candidacy

Postby Mizuk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:28 am

A funky looking reporter reads out a question for the first candidate

Dear Sir.
I am curious, will being President and Guild leader not lead to interest conflicts?
It could be conceived as sorting the guild out ?
Any support to my just cause! :)
Can be given in form of Iron and Carbon at Route 6 planned gateway to Route 666
no avatar
User

donga

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Postby donga » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:20 am

I belıeve Senator Hubes ıs an ınspıratıonal leader, with passion and energy that is absolutely necessary to direct us out of these dark times towards our future security and prosperity.

I applaud all efforts to reinvigorate the Senate leadership and support the announced Presidential policy initiatives as being sound and necessary.

I will be delighted to throw my support behind the good Senator Hubes and encourage you all to actively support this great man as he leads us into a brighter future.

donga
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:29 am

Senator Hubes
Over these following weeks, the pilot citizens and I will have had the opportunity to observe and evaluate the perspectives and agendas of the various candidates in the upcoming elections. Your honest, pragmatic, and hopeful insight into our community's problems and needs, and your willingness to examine the issues and listen closely to the public's questions and concerns, will set you far apart from the other candidates. So I am writing today to express my support for your campaign and my intention both to vote for you in the upcoming elections and to spread word to others of the value of your policies and abilities.

I am hoping for your success.
Last edited by davh62 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Hubes » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:39 am

Mizuk wrote:A funky looking reporter reads out a question for the first candidate

Dear Sir.
I am curious, will being President and Guild leader not lead to interest conflicts?
It could be conceived as sorting the guild out ?

While I'm honestly not familiar with the term 'sorting the guild out', I can comment on the statement of Guild leadership and political office. Guilds are not political. They are organized groups of individuals, however, and as such could be wielded for political goals.

From my experiences developing the Senate, to mega projects like the Aptic Cluster, and cooperative efforts with other guilds such as the Fighters Guild and the MINERS Guild, my lengthy political record shows that I can fulfill my roles regardless of affiliations. There are two ways to go...either find a candidate with no political/guild/etc... ties whatsoever...or a candidate who can overcome those limitations and work with all groups for the benefit of all.

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Arda, Sufagnoff, Boraash, Gluteus, Prism, Outlands, Memorial, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:51 pm

I, Senator Leprosi, fully support the Honorable Senator Hubes for President. His work within the Aptic gating system is nothing short of amazing. The proposals put forth to the Senate has shown insight as well as foresight. I will urge all colonists under my jurisdictions to cast their votes to Senator Hubes.
Leprosi

Senator
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Before I can support, I would like a clarifying answer to this question.

Do you plan to petition the UNCA for any increases in Local Market prices?

I fear with the artificial elevated market that UNCA is managing, if prices increase, we can see an increase to raising buy prices of nio and tin again. I, of course, will profit from such a setting, but I want to make sure others credits have value also.

I fear much change in the Local Market prices facilitated from citizen involvement will cause fracturing of our community at this time.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Hubes » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:56 pm

rmartz wrote:Before I can support, I would like a clarifying answer to this question.

Do you plan to petition the UNCA for any increases in Local Market prices?

I fear with the artificial elevated market that UNCA is managing, if prices increase, we can see an increase to raising buy prices of nio and tin again. I, of course, will profit from such a setting, but I want to make sure others credits have value also.

I fear much change in the Local Market prices facilitated from citizen involvement will cause fracturing of our community at this time.

I have no desire to change LM pricing at this time.

-However-

I do not subscribe to the opinions that our economy is under the influence of heavy inflation. With the chronic disappearance of large swaths of funding (I'll list Prolapser, Drakend, Justance, Aveege, and Jac as a small example) our economy is at a frighteningly low level. Should another mass influx event happen as it did with the Steamies, we would be horribly ill equipped to handle it.

Should a situation develop where lack of funding in the economy begins to effect the markets I will consider the option. I believe my past actions have shown my desire to always include as many as possible...for major issues like this I feel the Senate would have a prominent role in any economic decision.

The long and short answer is I see no immediate need for any major economic changes, but should the need arise I would use all available means at my disposal.

Owner of Planet Martine

User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Hubes wrote:The long and short answer is I see no immediate need for any major economic changes, but should the need arise I would use all available means at my disposal.

Spoken like a true politician! :lol:

I long for the day that supply and demand return to the Local Markets.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Hubes » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:26 pm

rmartz wrote:
Hubes wrote:The long and short answer is I see no immediate need for any major economic changes, but should the need arise I would use all available means at my disposal.

Spoken like a true politician! :lol:

I long for the day that supply and demand return to the Local Markets.

Nah, if I were a true politician I would have made sure to stay as far away from the actual topic as possible...promised many things I could in no way deliver on, then slung mud or worse at all my rivals :lol:

Owner of Planet Martine

Next