RAM run

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Novicius

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

NOVA, NEO, JULIA

Re: RAM run

Postby Novicius » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:48 pm

I see your point.. I truly see it.. but...

We need some story or totally new story to explain why so called starving systems pay less for food than minerals.

IMO should be exactly opposite.

Inner should produce techs and players should searching for new source of food/minerals in cosmos. IE old world/new world relations in the earth history. Unless inner get so desperate to abandon industrial production for desperate food production.

Markets should react to players input or they will remain fake concept to be tweaked with.

DEV should come with new update to solve story problems of the game. Again.. if Inner starving why we can not feed it with npc traders or even smuggle if there is some corporate issue here.
Last edited by Novicius on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAIMON DEUS ALEXIS CAPS NOVICIUS IMPERATIVE...
"I am NOVA",senator of NEO,MINERVA and TIN TIN, imperative of N-Spire force, CEO of Bank of NOVA

"I have a dream..."

MM "You can be fun to read"
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:54 pm

RAM wrote:Here is the updated recommendations to the Local Markets. I added Basic Med and increased the T2 items to a 20% markup.

may i suggest the manufactured products be increase. it take time to create and if it's just the same as raw but slightly condensed that doesn't make a market or a reason to build higher tier products, as example a loaf of bread has 5-7 cents of grain in it.
I would suggest a price at about 2 to 3 times base and I would like to see an option to do the price of production. we have almost everything to make it happen in game it's just needs to be implanted. it's pretty obvious but if you need i can repeat earlier post on how it works. I think IF we can get any economics then it would be better to have cost of production and colonies generating demand / having a cash pool for non local items.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Me likey. :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Wulf wrote:I would suggest a price at about 2 to 3 times base and I would like to see an option to do the price of production.

The 20% is a starting point for us to look this over once the new elections come, I am elected, and the Council is established. I look forward to this being he first order of business for the Council.

I would be cautious to push for 2X raw. I think this would flood even more credits into the economy. While, we are already increasing the credit influx into the economy overall, we should work at a balanced approach to encourage infrastructure, but not to maximize profits. The UNCA keeps the market artificially supplied. I would not want us to put too much more strain on it.

Wulf wrote:I think IF we can get any economics then it would be better to have cost of production and colonies generating demand / having a cash pool for non local items.

This would take research, restructuring and implementation of which we may not be able to get the UNCA to invest time into. I am trying to focus on things that are not high demands of UNCA time yet bring a high degree of impact on trade and Apollo Sector activity.

Novicius wrote:why so called starving systems pay less for food than minerals.

The UNCA set the market prices. I suspect they want to make the food resources are affordable for those in need.

Novicius wrote:DEV should come with new update to solve story problems of the game. Again.. if Inner starving why we can not feed it with npc traders or even smuggle if there is some corporate issue here.

This is the Politics forum. We are asked to talk as Pilot Citizens here.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 pm

After col/osb running costs I think a 25% of raw would be a sensible T2 price.
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Also as a service, if any colonies need trees removed, the rAMISH are ready.

no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby Wulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 pm

well if we want to capture the true value of base production items (iron, al, ti, grain, fruit, veg and meat) then perhaps the real price that most are only willing to pay 1c for all.
Some haul carbon for profit but even carbon no one want to buy it for more then 1 credit (a few haul food stuffs but that is a force situation and where some are desperate for basic food they can still have local prices).

Scrape the stupid tax grab that all colonies and osb's must pay a employed, trained etc. value per worker, it is a waste of time, if colonies have no automatic way to earn credits then they should not have an automatic way to lose credits. (while at it scape the osb moral, if it's not ready then it should not have a half done mostly negative value)

IF we have no economy then lets remove the illusion of one.
And the concept that this is some sort of refugee, rebuild the galaxy thing really doesn't hold, with the vast surplus of materials and foods rotting everywhere, that untruth by the unca is rubbish.
OTHERWISE (if true) trading ships from the centre 9, should be pouring out of the center colonies buying all our colony goods that we want to sell at a reasonable rate, we have gates that allow any ship to travel.

sounds negative but sadly the reality of the situation is. I want my colonies to automatically make money not be a giant time and cost sink but that is not reality. economics is so broken it should be scraped or time invested to completely rebuild it.

But if you think rearranging some deck chairs on the titanic will make things better. I support it.
no need to replay to comments they are opinion only they are strictly my view of the economics of this world.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby Wulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:20 pm

like the manual chainsaw very environmentally approved both smog and noise pollution
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Wulf wrote:
But if you think rearranging some deck chairs on the titanic will make things better. I support it.

Just trying to do what can be done. I doubt Jam will revamp the entire economy.

Not sure we can get to perfect. Just thinking of things that would improve things that take little developer time. If he has not taken some side work yet, he will have to soon reducing development even more.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:58 pm

RAM wrote:
Wulf wrote:

Just trying to do what can be done. I doubt Jam will revamp the entire economy.

Not sure we can get to perfect. Just thinking of things that would improve things that take little developer time. If he has not taken some side work yet, he will have to soon reducing development even more.

Yeah absolutely ram. We all agree on the economy but its unlikely to change vastly. Any change that freshens things up would be most welcome at this point. I do hope algae becomes a reality though as many have gone to great lengths to prepare for it.
PreviousNext