RAM run

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: RAM run

Postby davh62 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:08 pm

LMAO @ Loke.

All FG personnel have standard issue ramish BS scanning devices. Unfortunately some of the components end up with contaminated ramish imported materials. They can be un-reliable. :lol:
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm

DemonicReaper wrote:So you are saying that graphene and other similar manufactured goods should have a 700% markup, not the 30% in the current spreadsheet?

No, I am not saying that. I am pointing out that, if we approve RAM's suggested prices, Pilot Citizens, who produce Raw Materials and T2 Products, can expect to make Profit Margins of between 1,000% and 70,000%.

Here are the results of my calculations for the Profit Margin for materials produced at my facilities:
The Cost of Production does not include any element for the cost of establishing my colonies. There are three reasons for this:
  • I am not a Chartered Account, so I do not know how this is accomplished
  • I did not keep records of the cost of performing this action
  • these costs have to be paid for upfront and they can be written off
There is an argument that the CoP should be higher. However, this CoP does accurately reflect the day-to-day running costs of my colonies.

In all this, we must bear in mind that the amount of Raw Materials available from the Local Market is very small compared to the vast quantities available from PC SMs. Therefore, pilot Citizens will rarely buy from the Local Market. Whereas, the Sales Price of materials at the Local Market may influence the price PCs are looking for when selling their goods, the actual price other PCs are willing to pay will determine whether the goods are sold or not. Thus prices for goods from PC SMs will tend to drop as competition rises. So, Selling Prices at PC SMs will tend to be lower, probably a lot lower, than at the Local Market. Conversely, Buying Prices at PC SMs will tend to be higher as competition to attract suppliers will drive prices up. The other side of this coin is that demand from PC SMs is very small compared to demand from the Local Market, so there will still be a tendency to haul to the Local Market rather than other PCs SMs.

By introducing T2 products to the Local Market, if it happens, the UNCA will be doubling the number of products demanded by the NPC market. The NPC Market is the gateway for credits to enter our sector of the overall economy. It is, effectively, our method of printing money. As any economist knows, if new money is continuously printed, an economy goes into a hyperinflation mode. So far, we have been able to contain the effects of this continuous money supply without having runaway prices.

What is being suggested is a way to introduce new products to the Local Market and, at the same time, continue to contain the effect this will have on the money supply. The amount of money in the PC Economy does need to increase over time as new Pilot Citizens graduate from Flight School and other Pilot Citizens retire from duty. However, that increase needs to be carefully monitored so that the economy does not suffer from the inherent hyperinflation it causes.

Whatever prices are determined for the Local Market will not effect new Pilot retention. As far as trading is concerned, what does affect the decision of new Pilots to use trading will be the accuracy of the details they get from the Stock Market search results. As has been stated repeatedly elsewhere, these figures are, currently, inaccurate and confusing, to such an extent that they are virtually unusable. This makes any trading between PC SMs impossibly frustrating. Recent experiences I have had with PC SMs is also making buying from PC SMs, other than your own, to sell at the Local Market very frustrating, also.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Llanrhystyd also for MrPC-16 and moper-10.
Mayor of all MI Facilities in the Miners Paradise system.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

South Korea

Postby BoshingTong » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 pm

This issues with the SM is noted and well documented I agree. The president has no control over that. The fact that they are nearly useless is the point of having a good price at the LM as there really is nowhere else to sell to. I am all in favor of more PC trade to keep the LM trade prices low but until the SM is fixed it is the only way to make money. Once the SM is fixed I hope that will lead to the NPCs working better. They are fickle. I still want my ship back.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:08 am

Loke wrote:Its tempting to vote for Davh, since he seems to be good at rejecting Ramish bulls$$t

I would advise NOT voting for Seeker than. he often sneaks into my colonies and buys all my sewage. :lol:

Loke wrote:That promise didnt last, I just cant help myself

Good. I need to be the only one acting all high and mighty. :P

Loke wrote:
RAMbler wrote:Massive wall of text

Thank you, that clarified alot for me.

Glad it helped. Yes, I can go on like no one else.

Loke wrote:What I mean by slow and careful changes would be for example decreasing carbon price by only 25 per month, giving players time to adjust along the way, avoiding pissing people off to the point where they are not having fun any more.

I would have no issue with this if the UNCA was more responsive to our whims. I fear that we will get one adjustment every so often. I suspect a President could get 2-3 per term before the UNCA feeling annoyed by the constant changes. This would make the small steps a little more difficult.

Loke wrote:Changed our mind have we? decreasing with 125 is a bit more than 10%, unless its Ramish math again. I guess thats what happens when you put 2 ton carbon into the slide rule and get 1 ton Farming robots as output

I often approximate, but other times I am very precise. I make sure I am totally inconsistant on when I do either so no one really knows and I can always claim whatever works best for me. 8-)

BoshingTong wrote:I don't want to see people huff off and leave.

I think if we get the ASC working well and it is a community voice, we will be able to reach out to those who feel challenged. While capitalism rewards individual effort, it collapses unless we find ways to help and support others. Again, that balance thing.

davh62 wrote:All FG personnel have standard issue ramish BS scanning devices.

Again, they are Road Apples. Makes great fertilizer.

Mooncrest wrote:By introducing T2 products to the Local Market, if it happens, the UNCA will be doubling the number of products demanded by the NPC market. The NPC Market is the gateway for credits to enter our sector of the overall economy. It is, effectively, our method of printing money. As any economist knows, if new money is continuously printed, an economy goes into a hyperinflation mode. So far, we have been able to contain the effects of this continuous money supply without having runaway prices.

The point I am concerned about and you did a very good job explaining it. Thanks.

BoshingTong wrote:I am all in favor of more PC trade to keep the LM trade prices low but until the SM is fixed it is the only way to make money.

That balance thing again. Thanks Bosh. The T2 idea is yours. I would love to call it the Bosh Initiative.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Voted 42 million votes to rmartz
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Loke wrote:Voted 42 million votes to rmartz

:lol:

I hope that guy doesn't get it. He is very dictatorial.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 am

FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby Loke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:47 pm

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote:Voted 42 million votes to rmartz

:lol:

I hope that guy doesn't get it. He is very dictatorial.

It gave me a way of voting for you, since I support the platform you are planning and appriciate the work you have/will put into it. While I do not vote for RAM, since I disagree with how the price changes currently are suggested. But we will get back to that in ASC. And I really couldnt vote for someone with this statement: Ban cheese slicers. Thats just not acceptable! :x

You will win the election anyway...

Although if rmartz wins it shows you migth not have won if there was an opponent.

/(soon to be) Senator Loke

Edit: I do support T2 introduction as well.
Last edited by Loke on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Loke wrote: While I do not vote for RAM, since I disagree with how the price changes currently are suggested.

You don't like pies? 8-)
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby Loke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 pm

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote: While I do not vote for RAM, since I disagree with how the price changes currently are suggested.

You don't like pies? 8-)

How can I know if I like something I never tasted? Never received any offers or promises of pies!
If you had just handed me some pies in the begining, this migth have been over before it started. I did state I am corrupt, a good tasting pie migth have been enough :lol: Too late now :twisted:

PreviousNext