RAM run

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: RAM run

Postby RAM » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Loke wrote:How can I know if I like something I never tasted? Never received any offers or promises of pies!
If you had just handed me some pies in the begining, this migth have been over before it started. I did state I am corrupt, a good tasting pie migth have been enough :lol: Too late now :twisted:

Well, the pies are not a bribe, but a natural result of rAMISH presence. Helps to make up for all the road apples. 8-)
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:58 pm

When are we expecting elections to finish ram? Is it a week from trigger?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 pm

davh62 wrote:When are we expecting elections to finish ram? Is it a week from trigger?

Supposed to be 5 days, but has to end by actions of the UNCA just like it takes their actions to start it. So 5 days, plus a few I suspect.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:30 pm

sadly I have most of my colonies and osb's at zero food to halt production (only way to currently control production, sad)
the down side is most of my votes are also zero....really the general election should come with a game announcement to allow colonies to 'gear up' or not to be punished and given zero voting power.

anyhow bottom line think my election will be dismal results due to the current state of many of my colonies

lastly it would be nice if given option to run for system/planet and galaxy seats then the name(s) of those individuals in a drop down box to select for election. part of the pre-election process
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:04 am

Wulf wrote:sadly I have most of my colonies and osb's at zero food to halt production (only way to currently control production, sad)
the down side is most of my votes are also zero....really the general election should come with a game announcement to allow colonies to 'gear up' or not to be punished and given zero voting power.

anyhow bottom line think my election will be dismal results due to the current state of many of my colonies

lastly it would be nice if given option to run for system/planet and galaxy seats then the name(s) of those individuals in a drop down box to select for election. part of the pre-election process

An in game election countdown clock?
Ram would love to do that..
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Wulf wrote:sadly I have most of my colonies and osb's at zero food to halt production (only way to currently control production, sad)

:mrgreen: Wulf, there was atleast a month of general election is coming if not an exact when election starts.

However, this a game not a one player ... one vote RL ... Otherwise Widget couldn't vote himself in as Senator.

... i. e. Shouldn't a Senator be someone you have a lot contact with rather than someone never in chat?

Truth be told tho, I sorta relished my vote counts this time vs the last general election ... so I understand what you are saying.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Moneyman wrote:
:mrgreen: Wulf, there was atleast a month of general election is coming if not an exact when election starts.

yes there was talk of elections , last or 2nd last election i think they talked about impending elections for 6 mnths (or it sure felt like it).
point is player talk is not 'real talk' so speculation is not the same as the game or an official stating this is when elections will be.

I am not concerned about it, the power of being elected is virtually nothing so it of no importance.

this train of thought is off topic to this post (other then the point i can't vote because of a glitch that makes my staving colonist unable to, part of the broken colony and economics model) and it's probably best to drop discussion and return to posts topic.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Wulf said:

I am not concerned about it, the power of being elected is virtually nothing so it of no importance.

:mrgreen: Yep, this is a game. For the most part (Exception: RAM), game office is an ego thing.

If there were hundreds of thousands of players, the game office might actually mean something.
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:34 am

I just ban the items my colonies over produce, aluminium for example is banned on most of my colonies, since I only need it when building the colony itself. Baning it means all the aluminium will be removed once a day from wharehouse. All while keeping my colonist happy thinking they are doing a needed job. When I need the production I just unban it and have full production again, no delay or moral issues.

My appoligies for writing something that has nothing to do with this thread, just wanted to share a tip.
No back to the discussion of RAMs running! How fast can we make him run?? :lol:

Moneyman wrote:
Wulf said:

:mrgreen: Yep, this is a game. For the most part (Exception: RAM), game office is an ego thing.

If there were hundreds of thousands of players, the game office might actually mean something.

I take very seriously on the systems I represent as Senator, both the millions of colonists and other mayors in them, deserve to be considered before being spoken for. If you disagree I know for the future not to build in a system where you are senator.

Also senators gets extra votes on RAMs platform for ASC. So choose wisely who to vote for senators. I am sure RAM and supporters will do all they can to achieve the cap of 3 senator votes each, to be able to rule future votings. They knew they couldnt out vote us that are against drop in carbon prices for president election, so they scared away all other candidates. And are now creating a "fair" voting platform where their votes are more worth.

Shouldn't a Senator be someone you have a lot contact with rather than someone never in chat?

Chat is for the little people. We have a good forum for political discussions and getting in touch with your senator and president rigth here. No need for us politicians to sit 24/7 and wait for your political indictment. Our important time is spent better elsewhere. Here we can reply when we have time inbetween appointments in our very busy schedule.

/Loke
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Loke said:

My appoligies for writing something that has nothing to do with this thread, just wanted to share a tip.
No back to the discussion of RAMs running! How fast can we make him run?? :lol:

:mrgreen: I don't think being off-topic really matters at this point in the election. Just waiting for the results.

Especially since you suggested a useful way for Wulf to prepare for the next election. I'm sorry for Wulf ... shouldn't have happened.
PreviousNext