RAM run

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Re: RAM run

Postby Hubes » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:18 pm

rmartz wrote:I think you have fear of my foe list!! :lol:

Actually that would work in my favor...if you can't see my posts then you can't counter them :D

It's good to be back...I'm slowly but surely getting new goals set for myself so hopefully I'll craft some 'grand vision' soon...it's been a while since I had one :p
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

Mizz

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Postby Mizz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Hubes wrote: I'll craft some 'grand vision' soon...it's been a while since I had one :p

Here is some help. :lol:

Vote Mizuk for President!

:twisted:
Governor of Borg Prime 002
Governor of Borg Prime 003

Senator of Borg Prime 001
Senator of Borg Subspace Conduit 002, 003, 004, 005, 006
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Mizz wrote:Here is some help. :lol:

Vote Mizuk for President!

:twisted:

I said vision, not hallucination ;)

:lol:
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:55 pm

After all these years letting rmartz speak for me, I decided to speak for myself since I have made a major decision after much counsel from him.

I would like to announce my plans to run for President of the Apollo Sector.

Here is my platform.
    Create Apollo Sector Council.
  • Dissolve nonfunctional Senate.
  • All citizens have one vote.
  • Senators add one vote for each completely gated system after voting is closed. capped at some number (suggest 3)
  • All discussion and voting is done on Ascent Forum.
  • Moderated by President.

Adjust Local Market prices
  • Raise aluminium, meat and vegetable prices.
  • Lower iron, carbon and titanium prices.

Double SS Shipyard prices.

Coordinate a new Wiki Team to bring wiki up to current dynamics.

Request that each current President be given Moderator access to forums to better organize discussion and coordination of citizens and systems.

Create a search team to find and return Jam to the Apollo Sector.

Remain active in game for the entirety of my term, thus breaking all tradition.

We have about 2 months before elections. I wanted to announce early to give plenty of time for discussion. In the most immediately following this one, I will go into a deeper explanation why I think we need to adjust carbon and titanium prices. I am anticipating about a 10% downward adjustment. I will continue the discussion with the UNCA before the final exact amount will be known.

My hopes is that with the dissolving of the Senate and developing the council, we can regain some momentum and focus. The council will be open to all citizens. Senators will get a little extra vote since they are the ones often carrying the price to keep things going, but this will allow all to have voice and vote to items we want addressed by the UNCA.

Now, on to the fight over carbon prices.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:15 pm

The reason why i think carbon prices need to drop is because of supply and demand. The UNCA has kept them artificially inflated since colonization of the outer colonies started. Before that, the only carbon that could be produced was in Sol I settlements. It was costly and limited because of the power demands to produce.

Since colonies has opened up, new power plant technologies developed and massive planets with bountiful amounts of carbon and titanium have been found, the artificial inflation of their price is actually more harmful to Apollo Sector dynamics. Let me explain a little more.

With a Levi, one can carry about 200,000 tonnes of carbon to the market selling for around 1,000 a tonne. This pockets about 200,000,000 credits. It takes maybe 2 minutes for this round trip. Yes, it takes some time, effort and resources to develop a colony to produce the carbon, but after a short while, these costs are easily absorbed and the 200 million becomes sheer profit.

With this profit, a lot of nio and tin can be purchased. It takes 5 times(yes I have been analyzing this) the amount of time for most miners to produce the amount of nio and tin that can be bought at these prices since they are about 100,000 a tonne right now. This is the time investment that is required to supply the nio/tin that the high carbon producers can buy. These "carbon barons" can easily use their massing wealth to drive the price and market in many ways.

In order to balance carbon prices to a time balanced equivalent, carbon and titanium would need to drop to 200 a tonne. I am not advocating for that at all. I am just wanting the markets to move towards this time imbalance. I think a 10% drop would be a step in that direction, but not a massive shift that would be too heavy a price on the barons, of which I am one.

A free market would allow these prices to plummet to iron prices at the amounts being produced and delivered to the Local Markets. I think this would be detrimental to new citizens who are working hard to build their resources and empires. I agree that there has to be some artificial inflation of prices since the UNCA does need many of these resources.

This will start the discussion, again, about market prices, but I just wanted to clearly state my plans and the reasons why. I am happy to discuss and talk about this with anyone who wants to talk about this or any other issue I have presented. I ask that we stay on the issues and not on personal attacks. I will try to do the same.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Just so you know who we is:

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:52 pm

A few guys I run with:

Me in my underroos.

A close up of me reading game chat.

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:53 pm

And my real identity and Bigfoot licence.

no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:56 pm

IF we had a cost of production that the colony producer of carbon (and other mats) implemented it would help balance this out, that would mean base carbon would not be 1 credit and all profit to the hauler, a share would go to the colony workers and colony owner. this in turn could be used as a base economy for other things, like colonies generating demands and offset the large cost lost for making a colony (thus making colony building worth it, and not just the current reason to do it - curiosity).

Nice photo set :D :lol:
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Senator RAM.
Long have we held you in high esteem but.... You have indeed stirred up a hornets nest amongst my brethren. I have been inundated with space communications from FG generals & Barons alike since your intention to run for President next term. I had to break off my stay at pleasure domes resorts to try & calm the situation.
Barons spitting "How very dare he" & FG shouting "There must be a carbon war. Death to the ramish!". I can tell you I'm most exhausted by it. I have however managed to calm the situation via a multi link conference call with all parties in my care.

There are several questions that do however perplex me. Your affiliations to both MG & the ramish faith are of great concern to me now that you covert the highest position of office. Would this not indeed be a clash of interests?

FG-Daily we turn away your pilgrims trying to emigrate(infiltrate) our systems with speeches & literature from your holy order. With utmost respect senator RAM, we have no wish to be converted by executive order should you reach the presidential seat of power. I would seek assurances that this would not be the case. We would not wish the warlike faith education of our trooplings to be diluted. FG have served the last two presidents to keep humankind safe both publically & covertly in our own bloody style. This must be allowed to continue unabated.

The order of the Barons- Certainly your policy to lower both Carbon & Titanium isn't a popular one for the Barons. You, yourself are all too aware of this from recently joining it's ranks. However we can see method in this apparent madness. There are whisperings however from within due to your MG affiliations. Indeed your policy would favour MG profits. I would hope you would quash such backroom sniping by ordering a max price for Tin/Niobium sales in line with carb/Ti reductions? I would seek your policy clarification on the matter.

The dissolution of the senate I find un-acceptable. I would rather urge an expanding of the senate to include all governors & Mayors thus giving a voice to the masses. I am also intrigued as to how you would work a voting system, please elaborate.

On a separate issue we are concerned about the growing menace of asteroid raiding. As you are aware it breaks no treaty's between factions according to UNCA laws. This in fact is not the issue for me, more of an annoyance. The issue is these raiders leave the rubbish and thus kill the fields of any meaningful materials. We will not be able to sustain enough fields within the current range of known worlds if this continues. Our technology is eating ever higher amounts of resources & thus this both drains resources & encourages raiders. I would like you to consider an eco policy to address this.

Senator RAM our 20m voters humbly await your responses & policy updates in the following few weeks.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
PreviousNext