Loke's systems and projects

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Challenger007

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Re: Loke's systems and projects

Postby Challenger007 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:33 pm

I'm new to the forum and the game, I haven't learned a lot yet, but I realized that this is a space strategy. How realistic is it here? I mean gravity, atmosphere, etc. Graphics is a separate issue, the physical component is of more interest. It's just that my hobby is aerospace, I actively read articles on advanced developments and am looking forward to the first manned flight to the moon. One of the most interesting objects for observation for me now is https://www.skyrora.com/, which is actively developing and offers non-standard ideas. So, returning to the question of the realism of the game: I am interested in playing a realistic game in which the laws of physics are taken into account. I'm not against outlandish creatures, I'm more interested in mechanics.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Loke's systems and projects

Postby RAM » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:28 pm

One thing I like about Ascent is the science that is in it. While no game that would be fun can be locked into existing realms of science, Ascent does a really good job of being realistic in many of the dynamics of our existing universe.

Warping, artificial gravity, hyperjumps are outside of out understanding right now, but can be theorized easily.

Mining and combat lasers are within our reach and seem realistic.

Building time of structures are truncated. Game time is approximately 8 to 1. This rectifies some of the build time, but when you plan massive amounts of structures and they all build on the same time individually is not realistic, but a good game dynamic.

I hope you dip in and explore a bit. I think you will find it quite realistic with corners taken where needed to facilitate game play.

I am usually on in the mornings EST. If you get stuck, hit the wiki.TheSpaceGame.com. If not, feel free to ask in forum or in chat. As soon as the new server is running, chat will carry over day to day and we can answer there too.

One thing I really like about the game is the lack of PvP. This means we can and do work together. The community has always been helpful, not combative. So feel free to ask. There are a few places that the quest lines and game play is not quite and seamless and we help any through those bumps.

Once the new server is up and the updated client is done, we will see terraforming completed and I suspect we will see some old players pop back in. Many are waiting for that. I have found ways to keep playing since this is just a giant sandbox. For those who need guided play, Ascent does not hold them long. For those who like to create and to their imagination, Ascent seems to fit well.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
Previous