Presidency

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Presidency

Postby Leprosi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:35 am

I would like to announce my run for the Presidency. I know I have not been that active recently due to the stupid adventures I keep insisting I have. I will be more active and less dead than the present situation the political arena finds itself in. RAM, please take over the duties of Chair, posthaste. I support you and will work with you in any future matters. Jam work hard and stop stealing Louie's kibble.
Leprosi

Senator
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Presidency

Postby rmartz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:36 pm

May I be the first to support you on your run officially. My votes are yours.

I would support your recommendation to drop carbon and titanium prices to 600 and 500 respectively. I trust your judgement on this. I would also accept your decision and commit myself to being in any discussion needed to process the Local Market price reset and not get upset by other opinions.

I will reconsider the Chair position, but only to assist/support you in your presidency.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Dear senators/Presidential candidates I am perplexed at the ongoing carb/Ti issue that now weighs heavy on my mind. Senator Leprosi I have long been a supporter of your endeavours & can think of few others that I would entrust our future of our race. However this issue does present a caveat & dilemma.
Whilst on one hand FG have acted as personal bodyguard to previous presidents along with performing presidential covert missions. On the other we also are a family of first generation carbon barons. Much of what we have achieved for the greater good has come from the "Black gold" of the BH system.
I truly believe that further price throttling may be to the detriment of those that do not seek the harshness of mining In the outer worlds. This being the only other true alternative for new citizens. Dear senator/candidate Leprosi I believe we are on the cusp of technological advancement and larger ships of space travel will potentially turn the pricing market higher not lower due to colony's sucked dry of resources by these goliaths. I would urge you to consider leaving market prices in the inner space stations "As is".
Please could you clarify your manifesto on this matter?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

CastleRavenna

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:42 am

Postby CastleRavenna » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:40 pm

As a fresh immigrant to the Apollo cluster, I have had a sincere interest in the economics of my new environment. Most of the materials needed to support our society's growth are easily available. However, UNCA controls some essential resources and, significantly, a currency. The important resources that UNCA supplies are low-class ships, ship and structure blue prints and workers for our colonies. UNCA demands payment in UNCA credits, and offers credits for some easily-acquired resources. There is also a relatively small injection of credits into the currency supply in return for small services.

An expanding currency supply is essential to our expanding economy, especially as the only secure transactions are exchanges of goods for UNCA credits. It's clear that UNCA's controlled prices reflect an economic policy rather than the interplay of supply and demand. Unfortunately, UNCA's economic goals are opaque, making long-term planning difficult.

Could you explain your goals for our culture, and how your plans for the economy would support those goals?
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 am

rmartz wrote:I would support your recommendation to drop carbon and titanium prices to 600 and 500 respectively.

I do think I worded this poorly.

I would support a drop in carbon and titanium prices if you chose to present them. Leprosi has not stated she will make this part of her platform. I am just saying I hope she does and would support that recommendation.

My apologizes for a poorly worded statement of support.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:41 am

May I ask why you plan to drop the prices of carbon and titanium?

I am a relative newcomer to this community and have been moving at a snail's pace in building my first colony because I wanted to understand how everything works here before diving in. Now, it seems, you are planning to change one of the most basic assumptions in the game, that carbon and titanium mines are the most profitable to pursue. I understand that the economy needs some help, but it seems to me the problems are more a matter of players viewpoints on whether their sale prices are profit oriented or they are more designed to be generous to newer players. To drop the prices of the two most valuable commodities does nothing to address that problem and causes an awful lot of disruption to the way things have settled into working.

I will gladly support the plan if someone would just explain why, and how its going to improve matters. Thanks!
no avatar
User

cannibal

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 am

Postby cannibal » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:19 pm

davh62 wrote:Dear senators/Presidential candidates I am perplexed at the ongoing carb/Ti issue that now weighs heavy on my mind. Senator Leprosi I have long been a supporter of your endeavours & can think of few others that I would entrust our future of our race. However this issue does present a caveat & dilemma.
Whilst on one hand FG have acted as personal bodyguard to previous presidents along with performing presidential covert missions. On the other we also are a family of first generation carbon barons. Much of what we have achieved for the greater good has come from the "Black gold" of the BH system.
I truly believe that further price throttling may be to the detriment of those that do not seek the harshness of mining In the outer worlds. This being the only other true alternative for new citizens. Dear senator/candidate Leprosi I believe we are on the cusp of technological advancement and larger ships of space travel will potentially turn the pricing market higher not lower due to colony's sucked dry of resources by these goliaths. I would urge you to consider leaving market prices in the inner space stations "As is".
Please could you clarify your manifesto on this matter?

Agreeing with Davh on this one. Hate mining with a passion and use my carbon hauls to topup my bank and buy the exotics on the market/SM's/gate mats

I find it hard nowadays to transport any decent amount of carb from BH to Menzel3 due to the NPC's buying everything else but carbon from colonies, thus making it Rocking Horse S*** and certainly not infinite supply where you want it.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Back to the point of this post which was Lep announcing her run for President. I would ask for an outline of your platform. What do you plan to do to move us ahead in the galaxy?
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Postby Spectre » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:16 am

I would be interested to hear this too..
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:40 pm

I, Senator gotpurplefleas, do hereby endorse Senator Leprosi for the position of President of the Apollo Cluster.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Next