Last Post? May well be

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Altairus

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Annwvyn

Last Post? May well be

Postby Altairus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 am

Firstly, I want to say that I have loved playing this game.

But recent events have created an impact on me that has crossed into Real Life, and I don’t know how long I will be able to go on playing, if at all.

The event that has brought the acrimony to head is Alexas Corridor. I agree with the majority of the players that have expressed an opinion that it should be returned. The fact that there is an in-game mechanic that allows its renaming notwithstanding, the attitude from the few regarding this has been deplorable.

Firstly, it is not bad enough that there is not even a small sign of remorse, apology or anything like that, OneofFive actually questions whether the tragic Real Life event took place (see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3262&start=10#p27249 for the documented proof that you so seem to desire before you will believe anything), which places that well below deplorable. And please don’t insult the good people in Ascent by even trying to say you were being condescending, you’re just not that clever enough…quite apparent by your attitude in game and out.

And Mizuk, the whole lets have peace, love and mung beans for Christmas condescending returning the name of the system for December is nothing more than an even greater act of bastardry as YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE IT BACK in January.

Do you two really think that you’re not that transparent?

The impact on me is because, in my real personal life, I have lost a lot of people over the years, including my kith and kin. And, if anyone ever, EVER vandalised any headstone, plaque or whatever by scratching out their names and writing Borg Subspace Conduit 006, or anything else, they would have committed a heinous criminal act.

Don’t laugh, or get cocky, because this is what you have done.

Then, OneofFive, you go on and constantly accuse some imagined Cartel of manipulating resource prices when you do exactly the same thing. Or do you think we’re too stupid to notice?

Like most bullies, you lack the mental equipment to pose a rational argument, and think just screaming at people your random thoughts based on no real proof will cause them to be the Truth.

I do want to thank, for their generous assistance and support - without ever asking for anythinf in return, the people that have made my experience fantastic - in no particular order...:

RAM
Gotpurpleflees
Davh
Johneaux (where is he by the way?)
Xan
Stag (though he has moved on)
Eden (though she has moved on)
Ladyhawk (I did see Commander Hawk once in Jam-1 :) )
Darkwhistle
Spectre
Mooncrest
Moneyman
Wulf
Bosh
Hubes
Seeker

And there are others...but the grey cells are overtaxed tonight...sorry if I left you off...

Thank you all. you gave of your experience and made this a really positive place.

Just one more thing...

When I started playing Ascent a few months ago, one of the things that really excited me was the ability for player to let their imaginations fly and, using the back drop of the games back story, create our own cannon and lore.

Having to fall back on a television series franchise shows a great lack of imagination. The is no assimilation technology. There are no Subspace conduits. There is no mechanic for cybernetic implants. There is no Borg. How the hell do you expect to truly role play something like that? Seriously!

haling frequencies closed Captain (see, I can borrow from ST:TNG too).
Senator of Dyfed
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Re: Last Post? May well be

Postby Spectre » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:09 am

Hey man I get you....

Check this out....

I have been here for a bit, either in forums busy w RL, or playing 16 hrs a day. I have seen a lot of crap go sideways in this time, but it always balanced out in the end. Good prevailed and/or villains became friends again. I am upset about the current dilemma and sometimes lose my cool, but I am certain the community will win. They always seem to prevail after the hard patches. The facts are that those who distance themselves from the player base soon get bored and move on, or rage quit after too much backlash. I know you are on the fence about the current state of things. I really do get it ,man. I have raged in chat over nio/tin, combative players, players attacking my friend's character, and many other things in my years. I have wanted both justice and revenge here. I can just say one thing man....

Give it more time to make your mind up about this game. This is just a bump in the road and the community is tougher than most may think. It takes grit to stick with a game that fluctuates and constantly changes during development cycles and changing player base. You will meet those that crave attention. The best way to deal with them is head-on in my book. Some see it differently tho and are more peaceful, like RAM, Fleas, and Moon, for example. You are becoming a valued player here and many, even miz and one, can see your value.

If you can try to stick around and persevere. This too will pass, man.

And if you need anything just ask, as always.....

Spectre
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Spectre wrote:Give it more time to make your mind up about this game. This is just a bump in the road and the community is tougher than most may think...

You are becoming a valued player here and many, even miz and one, can see your value.

If you can try to stick around and persevere. This too will pass, man.

And if you need anything just ask, as always.....

Spectre

Please heed Spectre's words and do not be too hasty to quit. Things will recover. If nothing else, as RAM has pointed ot to me, the community is now more together than it has been for some time.

I, also, have been deeply affected by recent events. I have tried my best to appeal to One's sense of fair-play, but it appears he has not got one as he is persisting with his questionable tactics. To what end he is doing this I did not know. However, as I was deciding to quit or not, I realised that his objective was to get all the other players to get so fed up with him and Mizuk that we all quit and the game could then be run by them.

Mizuk's act of renaming Alexas Corridor was a deliberate, premeditated act to cause distress among the community. It succeeded very well. Now, to push home that knife even further, he has declared that, in the spirit of Christmas he will rename the system back until Januarty 1st.

What he has done, in my opinion, is to undermine the whole ethos of the game that Jam wanted to create; which is that no player will be forced into involvement in PvP without his/her specifically opting in to PvP. By using the basic political system of the game as a weapon to cause distress, Mixzuk/OneofFive have forced other players into a situation where they are involved in PvP action whether they want to be or not. The problem is there are no written rules about this, so, Mizuk/OneofFive can maintain they have not broken any rules. They have, however, I maintain, broken the spirit of the game.

Unlike other confrontations, Spectre mentioned, this time the attack was aimed at the whole community. If Mizuk/OneofFive had not taken over Alexas Corridor and renamed it and if OneofFive had not, subsequently, make the comments he did, the whole thing could have been quietly dealt with as it has been before, but they could not restrain themselves and had make an attack on the whole community, specifically on the long-time players who have worked so hard to establish Alexas memorial.

I finally decided that I would not quit, because I enjoy playing the game so much and I was not going to let some ill-mannered aggressive player stop me playing and, probably more importantly, if I quit, OneofFive would certainly crow about it and feel he had won something.

I decided that I needed to have a quiet period to calm down, so, I have foed Mizuk and OneofFive on the forums, so I do not have to see their stupid posts, particularly that irresponsible image they use as a signature and I have ignored them in chat so that I am not subject to the ridiculous walls of gibberish OneofFive constantly posts. Hopefully, this few days of quiet, doing some mining and colony building will allow me to get over the emotional distress that Mizuk/OneofFive have put me through.

Perhaps that will work for you, or taking a week or so out, but, please don't quit altogether. They are not worth it.

Mooncrest
Last edited by Mooncrest on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 pm

I agree with all of you. I really wanted to see the offer to put up Alexa's memorial name for December as a gesture of goodwill and that's all it would take for me to be willing to try to find a way to love the two who have caused all this anguish. But One's incessant spamming of ALL the public chat channels with personal attacks and outright lies, is proof positive the December offer was a condescending gesture, not one of peacemaking.

But don't leave Alt. This is a great community...all this upheaval has only served to reinforce the bond the rest of us share and we'll become an even better community for it. Just hang in there.

And yes LOL CmdrHawk is not a myth...he does exist in game :lol:
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi all...o/

I too have had deep and conflicting emotions about this entire scenario. I knew Alexa in the game and mourned her loss when she died. I began a memorial in New Dawn for all of those that have gone before us in the game, and her name is at the top of the list of players that is listed there on the stock market. We all, as a community, built an Archon that carries her name and memory as an npc flying between her colony and osb. It wasn't enough for all of the community to be reminded, so when Alexas Corridor was first mentioned it was overwhelmingly accepted by the community and Everyone in the game at that time worked to build a lasting Memorial in her honor. The effort to remember Alexa didn't stop there though, and Jam, also being affected deeply by her passing, created a wonderful mission called The Neptune Project so that every new player, from this point forward, would see a small piece of our history, and maybe when doing the mission, have a chance to converse with others to find out what it is all about. Wonderful job Jam...Thank you again for this addition to the game and the recognition that it continuously generates.

That being said, as a reactionary in rl and in gameplay I personally have found the dilemma created by this entire thing to be quite fascinating and intriguing. The last time I remember seeing players coming together and designing new ways to address the horrors that threaten our community was...well...never.

My own gameplay has changed drastically in the last couple of weeks, and is now much more satisfactory and immersive than it was before, which, if you know me as a player that is saying a LOT!...lol

I have had to detach from the deeply disturbing implications of what kind of people these players must be, and focus on trying to make moves and say statements that will help to bring us all...every last one of us...thru this situation stronger, more united, and more supportive of our community, and the (dare I say it?) family that has developed over time. Altair you have become a part of this team and a valuable member of our community. Please don't let the actions of another player take that away from you.

WE will prevail against this looming calamity and Ascent The Space Game will be a better environment than it ever has been.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:49 pm

We grow stronger because of our challenges. This has strengthened us. I feel a bond and connection that I have not felt in well over a year. I am so encouraged.

Please use the /ignore feature in game. It will make things much easier for you. It will mitigate this to almost nothingness because all we each have is our words to attack each other.

I am greatly encouraged by Mizuk's gesture. I know it may not look like much, but we all should give each other the benefit of the doubt. I am more than willing to do that. As cartel leader, I would encourage all to wait and see. :lol:

One and I have gone round and round three times already, if my memory is correct, which it often fails because things like this are such a flash in the pan for me. I either fight with him or my generators. They are a bigger challenge, so I vie for One. :lol:

This too shall pass and we are starting to see the strength of the community raise again. It was always there, just dormant. It is like your close neighbors. They are busy with their life, but when the fire hits, they are right there until the rebuild is done.

Now on to the next number crunching project I can find in game. I love trying to figure out the great J's thinking. It is difficult at times, but sometimes it makes sense. Not always, but sometimes. :lol:
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Postby Johneaux » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:13 am

Altairus wrote:Firstly, I want to say that I have loved playing this game.

But recent events have created an impact on me that has crossed into Real Life, and I don’t know how long I will be able to go on playing, if at all.

The event that has brought the acrimony to head is Alexas Corridor. I agree with the majority of the players that have expressed an opinion that it should be returned. The fact that there is an in-game mechanic that allows its renaming notwithstanding, the attitude from the few regarding this has been deplorable.

Firstly, it is not bad enough that there is not even a small sign of remorse, apology or anything like that, OneofFive actually questions whether the tragic Real Life event took place (see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3262&start=10#p27249 for the documented proof that you so seem to desire before you will believe anything), which places that well below deplorable. And please don’t insult the good people in Ascent by even trying to say you were being condescending, you’re just not that clever enough…quite apparent by your attitude in game and out.

And Mizuk, the whole lets have peace, love and mung beans for Christmas condescending returning the name of the system for December is nothing more than an even greater act of bastardry as YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE IT BACK in January.

Do you two really think that you’re not that transparent?

The impact on me is because, in my real personal life, I have lost a lot of people over the years, including my kith and kin. And, if anyone ever, EVER vandalised any headstone, plaque or whatever by scratching out their names and writing Borg Subspace Conduit 006, or anything else, they would have committed a heinous criminal act.

Don’t laugh, or get cocky, because this is what you have done.

Then, OneofFive, you go on and constantly accuse some imagined Cartel of manipulating resource prices when you do exactly the same thing. Or do you think we’re too stupid to notice?

Like most bullies, you lack the mental equipment to pose a rational argument, and think just screaming at people your random thoughts based on no real proof will cause them to be the Truth.

I do want to thank, for their generous assistance and support - without ever asking for anythinf in return, the people that have made my experience fantastic - in no particular order...:

RAM
Gotpurpleflees
Davh
Johneaux (where is he by the way?)
Xan
Stag (though he has moved on)
Eden (though she has moved on)
Ladyhawk (I did see Commander Hawk once in Jam-1 :) )
Darkwhistle
Spectre
Mooncrest
Moneyman
Wulf
Bosh
Hubes
Seeker

And there are others...but the grey cells are overtaxed tonight...sorry if I left you off...

Thank you all. you gave of your experience and made this a really positive place.

Just one more thing...

When I started playing Ascent a few months ago, one of the things that really excited me was the ability for player to let their imaginations fly and, using the back drop of the games back story, create our own cannon and lore.

Having to fall back on a television series franchise shows a great lack of imagination. The is no assimilation technology. There are no Subspace conduits. There is no mechanic for cybernetic implants. There is no Borg. How the hell do you expect to truly role play something like that? Seriously!

haling frequencies closed Captain (see, I can borrow from ST:TNG too).

I'm around, just prefer to stay out of the bullshit
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:37 pm

:mrgreen: I agree with all that has gone before this post. I'm surprised EVE or other games weren't mentioned.

:idea: I never doubted that harmony wouldn't push away dis-harmony.

:arrow: Alice asked that I let her say something: Please don't leave us, A .. its time to play.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Johneaux wrote:
I'm around, just prefer to stay out of the bull...

I've GOT to learn this trick!

Maybe a new character skill?
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

cannibal

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 am

Postby cannibal » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Too much to read tbh, i doubt any serious player would quit over the chat conflict and would just mute/ignore whoever was annoying them. For me, more just an alt, could be from either side that wan'ts normal chat back.

Everyone chill, for me i enjoy reading the chat conflicts, as it's a game and no-one is getting physically hurt and i enjoy "chat" arguments.

PEACE PPL and Alt, NA
Next