Presidential Address - July 2017

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Presidential Address - July 2017

Postby Hubes » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:09 pm

I will begin by announcing that this will be my final address to you as Colonial President. The primary reason for this address is to announce that the next General Election is upon us. I do not have the date, but have been informed it will be starting very soon so please make steps to prepare yourselves to get the most out of your voting base.

I will take this opportunity to announce that I will -not- be running for re-election. Two terms are more then enough for an administration to sit in power I believe. I feel that even with my terms being plagued with long term absences, I've had more then enough time to try out what I wished to try.

Two unfinished items I wish to pass on to the next administration:

1) I have spent my time before and during my terms trying to develop some form of council. I was able to get really close...but it was all but dissolved when I took office. I still feel as strongly now as I did back then that we need a functional form of discussion council where we can debate the items that concern us all. Once I am no longer in this office, I may be able to help with this once again.

2) With so few real powers available to the Presidency, I had hoped to establish a few traditions that future Presidents could enjoy. I was unsuccessful...but would still push for for them. The two main items would be:
a) Price changes to the Local Market
b) 1 gate connection to the inner nine per term

The moment I hear which date the elections will start I will get the word out...but I urge you all to get ready now.

I thank you all for your support over the 1 year and 5 months I've served as President, and I look forward to working with you all long after I've left the chair.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Presidential Address - July 2017

Postby RAM » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 am

Day 353.59/35ER

Just wanted to add the Apollo Sector time stamp to this. Great post. Thanks for your service.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Good to have you back H.

Ram ima gonna ram that date stamp up your *$$ :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Iowa, United States

Postby DemonicReaper » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:32 am

davh62 wrote:Good to have you back H.

Ram ima gonna ram that date stamp up your *$$ :D

I will be AFK during that exercise.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:41 pm

:mrgreen: I'm sure, Hubes, you've seen how delighted many of us are that you are doing better medically.

Although there is greater depth to Ascent than to most other Steam accessible games, JAM stopped the design phase too soon.

:?: Are we up to retaining an avalanche of new players ... player support and a diversity of playing choices is the key to success.

I'm sorry but choosing between just Trading, Mining and site development is not enough.

:idea: Site development: Building gates, starbases and settlements and the constant, relentless acquisition for more.

Yes, there is plenty of teamwork in Ascent game play but as you've seen: We could benefit from a more diverse vision.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:19 pm

^^^ Says he that has neither mastered or experienced full game play yet. ^^^
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp