Presidential Nominations?

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

opusaug

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 am

Fort Myers, FL

Presidential Nominations?

Postby opusaug » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:12 am

The Senator from the system formerly (and momentarily) known as Deathtöngue, having only been elected himself less than a week ago, is a bit overwhelmed by the responsibility thrust upon him by a General Election.

While the local politics of our frontier system are a simple enough affair, I must admit that I am finding it difficult to quickly process all the information available in the Colonial Senate archives. So I beg forgiveness if this is a simplistic question answered somewhere else, but are the names of the candidates running for President of the Colonial Senate of the Apollo Cluster posted somewhere on the colonial newsfeed? Boingers (as residents of Deathtöngue are affectionately called) would like to make an informed choice, and several of my constituents have asked how they are supposed to vote for this prestigious and important office without first knowing who wants the job.
Respectfully,

Opus Augustus
Senator of Deathtöngue
Governor of Outland
Mayor of Bloom County and BC Babylon
callsign: opusaug
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Iowa, United States

Re: Presidential Nominations?

Postby DemonicReaper » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 am

Typically, this information can be found in the "politics" section of the forum. The only candidate for colonial president this cycle is RAM. However, there is no limitation in place to only vote for who has declared. You could write in whoever you want, if that was your wish.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:10 am

:mrgreen: Congrats on your many game titles ... It means you intend to be around for a while.

Luv your signature ... its obvious that you've have plenty of knowledge about online game culture.

Please give some thought about how we'll keep the new players we get in the re-launch.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:29 pm

You make a good point that there is no easy place to find a list of who is for what. This may be something that can be addressed int he future. History is those interested in certain positions have made declarations in the politics thread. There has been only a few declaration statements this time. Easy to miss.

Here is the post I did to declare my run for President.

http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2618&start=20#p28279

That post and the one right after it gives the basic platform. The next 57 pages are discussion of things. You can skip through to the last few posts. Like all politician, we get windy and talk a lot but say little. :lol:

Hope that helps and welcome to the world of Apollo politics, where we puff ourselves up with titles and make bloviated statements and complain about why things are not just like we like. Hmm, sounds like a normal day in chat too. 8-)
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories