Ascent Sector Council

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Re: Ascent Sector Council

Postby Rhavenwing » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:21 am

yes
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

Hi all...o/

Uhm...?...wheres the poll?...all I see here is a discussion?

I didn't know we officially were voting on anything.

That being said I vote that RAMS very first suggestion should be implemented. It was simple and to the point and doable for a fleabrain...lol

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:05 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote:Hi all...o/

Uhm...?...wheres the poll?...all I see here is a discussion?

I didn't know we officially were voting on anything.

That being said I vote that RAMS very first suggestion should be implemented. It was simple and to the point and doable for a fleabrain...lol

fleas

No official poll, more a call for consensus. The options were to add one extra vote for Senators, or just go with a straight one account, one vote system. Seems the original suggestion of adding an extra vote for each Senator that declares in open thread is showing strong support and pulling ahead.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:03 pm

I vote no on extra senator vote. Make it simple.
Hopefully lowers the bar for more to join the voting and discussion.

RAM wrote:The reason behind giving Senators an extra vote is because they are usually the ones who supply the vast resources for gates that are used freely by all

Now thats a thin argument, its "usually the ones who supply the vast resources for gates"? But no real connection rigth? What about the big contributers to gates that doesnt have a senator seat, those wil not get an extra vote? Heavy miners dont always have time for politics.
And should senators for that reason get an extra vote in matters not related to gates?

RAM wrote:I think 7 Earth days(54 Apollo Sector days) of discussion will be sufficient to work out the structure. If we seem to not have hashed out all the issues, this can be extended.

I think extending it would be good, gives all a chance state their arguments and vote. Not all of us have time to return to apollo several times a week.

LadyHawk wrote:And, I'm trying...really I am...to remain formal and in character as a proper Senator for role play purposes here...but this is not fun IMHO :P

Those who doesnt enjoy it shouldnt feel like they have to either. Especially when discussions are a gameplay related matter, it should be done in the gameplay forum. Forced political discussions arent fun for all, and kills the "setting" for those of us who enjoy the politics. If you struggle to avoid words like game, players, Jam etc the post doesnt belong here.
I do appriciate those who tries like LH, and want to encourage more to do so. But forcing by keeping all discussions that affects us here is not the way to do so.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427

The forum are belong to me
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:08 pm

So have we set the rules? I am ready to open the topics of T2. My factories are warming up as I speak. I have many and can crank out much if there is a place to sell it, so let's talk price already.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:04 am

BoshingTong wrote:So have we set the rules? I am ready to open the topics of T2. My factories are warming up as I speak. I have many and can crank out much if there is a place to sell it, so let's talk price already.

After today, I feel the informal call for votes are sufficient. I will now present a formal poll with all the articles for the ASC. I will run that vote for 7 days. If it passes, I will immediately present the pricing structure for the T2 items.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:47 pm

RAM wrote:No official poll, more a call for consensus. The options were to add one extra vote for Senators, or just go with a straight one account, one vote system. Seems the original suggestion of adding an extra vote for each Senator that declares in open thread is showing strong support and pulling ahead.

I am closing this part of the deliberation. I tally 5 yes and 2 no. I really do understand the reasons for the no vote, but I do support the yes votes also.

I will be starting a new thread with a poll, you can not attach a poll on an existing thread.

I will be asking for a clear yes no vote for the entire structure of the ASC. I will run it for 7 days. I will also be looking at starting a thread that announces polls. This would allow PC to subscribe to that thread and receive notifications that something was posted in it. Only announcements of new polls would go there, this would keep needless notices going and only that there is a new poll to consider. This would give PC who may be otherwise distracted to be aware that there is something we are deciding on. I will do this as a service, but not an obligation of the office or ASC.
Previous