FG Strategic Placement

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

FG Strategic Placement

Postby RAM » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:59 pm

First, I would like to thank the Fighters Guild (FG) for their commitment to aiding the Apollo Sector security needs.

While I have no additional knowledge of conflicts or eminent threats, I am concerned that we are not structured well enough to have, either early warning, or resources at key locations.

I am not great warmonger or strategist, so the following are suggestions. If the leadership of FG feel I have missed something or have better ideas, please feel free to present your ideas and suggestions.

Here are the key things I am seeing and suggestions to be prepared when issues do arise.

Prime and Haven have gates to the Red Zone(RZ). While we have yet to see any major conflicts in these areas, I think having small "strike" forces deployed would be beneficial. I would recommend at least one battlecruiser with 4 destroyer or higher support ships be deployed in each RZ system gated back to normal space (Outlands and Sodom).

Aptic is a large hub and having a small strike force stationed there with about the same as the RZ systems may be prudent.

Now, I look towards forward deployment and early warning. Having some forward deployment of similar forces in Tarsonis, Food Court or Far Kurnell, and Ferrite or Snackage would get eyes and strength as far out in the APollo Gate Network. While we have further listening stations, placing strategic resources at this locations allow us to have some ability to identify or slow insurgents.

Nui Heimar would be another place to have some forward deployment. I feel Loke would be best to provide that. I would not want him or Fraaggii to feel we are encroaching in their developed areas. Loke, would you and Fraaggii be comfortable with developing a small strike force in your network and partnering with the FG to help manage the outer security needs?

Lastly, Jam-1. I am really concerned about the Neptune Project Gate. We KNOW it leads to aliens. We KNOW at least one race is hostile. I think having a defense force at least twice the size of the strike forces would be wise there.

I would also suggest that developing some force identity and placing that in the ship names would help us discuss each force. I will leave that to the FG to develop. Buggy Group 1 just doesn't sound so comforting. ;)

I look forward to hearing back about your suggestions and then, once employed, the status of the deployed forces.

I thank the FG for being so willing and prepared for these possible threats. I look forward to hearing back your thoughts, and actions to address these points.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: FG Strategic Placement

Postby davh62 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Mr president. FG are proud to serve under" your watch" as it has under many of your predecessors.

We must not underestimate possible threats now & in the future. Be it foreign domestic or alien. Your concerns indeed are mirrored by our own hierarchy. The heavy cruiser "Prometheus" has stood watch over the RZ Sodom gate for several months & will be reinforced at the earliest opportunity. Further sectors will be guarded in the coming weeks. with the possible inclusion of carriers & associated fighter wings. I will consult our generals to formulate a plan on deployment timeline.

Even recent history has show that incursion can come at any time. The "Neptune incident" is of real concern. Clearly we are not alone & our technology is weak compared to this alien race. FG did manage to acquire alien cloaking technology from a deep space skirmish(details of which are classified) but as of yet we cannot duplicate. Such knowledge is unfortunately beyond our top scientists.

Other dangers can come not from force of arms but political moves. You & many others will remember the "Borg" incident which caused outrage within the then fragmented senate. We were powerless to use force under strict UNCA laws within the affected system. The rushed forming of the "Cartel" swung the trade war back from the edge. Further measures to import fresh untainted citizens brought the system back to order over a period of several months.

Regards
davh62 Commander in Chief FG forces
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 pm

davh62 wrote:You & many others will remember the "Borg" incident which caused outrage within the then fragmented senate.

I think this is a good point. Dropping a strike force in Alexas Corridor or another newly reclaimed Borg systems may be advisable also. Although limited with engagement by the UNCA, we can still show a strong presence.

While taking a break from surveying, I plan to use the MG RAMbler Bowhead to travel the gate system to familiarize myself with all the connections. I may have more thoughts and ideas after that. I suspect it will take multiple Apollo days to complete a trip of that magnitude.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:44 pm

RAM wrote:While I have no additional knowledge of conflicts or eminent threats, I am concerned that we are not structured well enough to have, either early warning, or resources at key locations.

I am not great warmonger
Yet you suggest deploying military fleets in all (to you?) strategic places in the galaxy, this is far longer than any other precident has gone before

Prime and Haven have gates to the Red Zone(RZ). While we have yet to see any major conflicts in these areas, I think having small "strike" forces deployed would be beneficial.
Strike force? Is this more a statement of yours and FGs power than defence against threats? This is truly dark times if military forces are spread out for others to "respect"

Nui Heimar would be another place to have some forward deployment. I feel Loke would be best to provide that. I would not want him or Fraaggii to feel we are encroaching in their developed areas. Loke, would you and Fraaggii be comfortable with developing a small strike force in your network and partnering with the FG to help manage the outer security needs?
No! Systems where I am senator shall still feel confident there will be no military activity in the future, they will remain free and peaceful as they always has. If threats arise or uninvited military fleets gets annoying, I will act on it and find the best solution, which is not always the military option (you should write that down mr president).
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Loke wrote:Yet you suggest deploying military fleets in all (to you?) strategic places in the galaxy, this is far longer than any other precident has gone before

Good fences make good neighbors.

I see them as warning beacon if there is alien or pirate activity.

Loke wrote:Is this more a statement of yours and FGs power than defence against threats? This is truly dark times if military forces are spread out for others to "respect"

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Pax Romana.
Mutually assured destruction.
I got tired of seeing all those ships in Prime.

Loke wrote:I am senator shall still feel confident there will be no military activity in the future, they will remain free and peaceful as they always has.

I hope that is the case, but the rumor of Black Sky looms heavy in the nebulas.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:12 pm

RAM wrote:Good fences make good neighbors.
Not if the neighboor is a fly. You were afraid of unknown threats, rigth? Cant fence against that before you know more about them.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Pax Romana.
Mutually assured destruction.
I got tired of seeing all those ships in Prime.
:lol: understandable, please dont spread those to other systems

I hope that is the case, but the rumor of Black Sky looms heavy in the nebulas.
Not deploying doesnt mean the capabilites arent there ;)

User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Senator Loke

I understand your concerns. While it's true the FG have grown in power to epic proportions, never has that power been used for anything other than the forces of the good and righteous. Only on two occasions has our might brought to bear. This was in relation to the borg trade war. Which as we all know was won buy the united forces of "El Cartell" which FG took part in under it's banner. The other against the SCCI that declared war on FG & then hid in fear upon seeing the might of the FG fleet.
The presidents executive order has been signed & forbids military action without express approval from the council. I believe that a build up of military presence is vital to preserve our future.

Regards davh62
Supreme commander FG Forces
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Supreme commander davh62 of FG Forces

I do not doubt your peaceful intentions and I trust you to not do anything evil. Your fleets may ofc travel and operate as you wish in systems I control, as anyone else. My concern is to permanent presence of armed fleets putting military pressure (intentionally or not) on others freedom in the same system. It creates an unbalance in power.

I only speak for the systems I represent, which I intend to keep free of permanent military presence. What you do in other systems is none of my business. 8-) Niu Heimar was suggested by the president directly, which I declined.

My other concern is the new aggresive direction by the president himself. Building up and preparing is one thing, actually deploying all over the gated network is something else.

Senator Loke

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 am

Loke wrote:My other concern is the new aggresive direction by the president himself. Building up and preparing is one thing, actually deploying all over the gated network is something else.

I am no warmonger and was raised by peaceful folk. I have no desire for massive assaults. I just know that if a leader is unprepared and something DOES happen, they are blamed even though it may not have been their fault.

I am calling on FG to just position their resources strategically, not aggressively. FG is also available for disaster assistance, I am sure, if need be. They have the discipline and structure needed to continue to function in a disaster. We saw this same thing happen with Admiral Hall and the fleet he lead. They were able to stay functioning and became the lifeboat for all Apollo Sector until we could stand on our own. We are still not filly able to do so, but without the assistance of the UNCA fleet, we would have fallen into total disrepair.

So fleet positioning is not for offensive, but defensive and disaster assistance. Most are unaware of the pirates that are continually kept at bay because of the efforts of the FG. My thanks goes to the FG fleet and efforts to keep our trading routes safe.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:59 am

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote:My other concern is the new aggresive direction by the president himself. Building up and preparing is one thing, actually deploying all over the gated network is something else.

I am no warmonger and was raised by peaceful folk. I have no desire for massive assaults. I just know that if a leader is unprepared and something DOES happen, they are blamed even though it may not have been their fault.
As I said, preparing is one thing (I understand the need for that), deploying is something else. Deploying looks more like a way of showing off the military strength, not just to scare off potential threats, but also a reminder to peaceful colonists that if they disagree with you they should tread carefully. I know that is not your intentions, but all actions do have a negative side to it, even though intentions are good. Just wanted to point that out.

I am calling on FG to just position their resources strategically, not aggressively. FG is also available for disaster assistance, I am sure, if need be. They have the discipline and structure needed to continue to function in a disaster. We saw this same thing happen with Admiral Hall and the fleet he lead. They were able to stay functioning and became the lifeboat for all Apollo Sector until we could stand on our own. We are still not filly able to do so, but without the assistance of the UNCA fleet, we would have fallen into total disrepair.
UNCA isnt really a good example, I dont trust them one bit, it is to much they are not telling us. Therefor Menzel 3 has always served as a buffer zone between my systems and UNCA systems. I only engange in trade that close to UNCA, main installations and colonies have been kept at least 1 more gate further out.

So fleet positioning is not for offensive, but defensive and disaster assistance. Most are unaware of the pirates that are continually kept at bay because of the efforts of the FG. My thanks goes to the FG fleet and efforts to keep our trading routes safe.

I do appriciate that you only asked about Niu Heimar, not deployed, which has kept this matter within diplomatic discussions. I trust the president to keep working with senators this way, avoiding actions being made in a system against a senators will.

Although I dont brag about having a fleet, doesnt mean I am not capable of handling a military matter. I just dont scare easily and believe in "letting the enemy do the first step" strategy.

/Senator Loke

Next