ASC - T2 Discussion

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: ASC - T2 Discussion

Postby davh62 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Loke wrote:
davh62 wrote:Yeah I'm producing 10per module as well. But graph isn't massively different from carb tbh.

I added 300b this week so I don't think they need to be any higher. Unless we have a bigger spectrum of bp's to spend our creds on. I think that's become very important now.

The point of increasing the T2 prices is not to make us richer, that is the risk of it, but to make T2 worth the effort so it will be more diversity to production and trade. And with the low production I dont think it will make us that much richer it matters. You would need 3 million graph factories to earn 300b a week, so no I dont think increasing price of T2 makes a difference in your total income.

Also T2 is not just graph, its 9 different things. That is a lot more diverse than just dealing with carbon as we do now. Since prices at LMs changes with up top 40%, it will be rare that graph is "the new carbon" if all T2s have similar base price. And we will keep running out of graph to haul and be forced to find a different T2 to haul. Thats a more interesting trading game to me and is what I hoped we could achieve with adding T2 while carbon is slowly decreased.

Your total income will not increase, but you will have to think and search more to be able to have the same income. Isnt it avoiding only thougthless carbon hauling we are trying to do?

I think it means different things to different players. For me it's just a personal goal to reach 10T creds, It's the ONLY thing I find of interest atm(until TF comes in proper). Else I would of left a long time ago.
Trading & profit are linked in 99% of cases within the game. If we continue to inflate the cost of goods we may start to cause a knock on affect to rare mats which has historically happened before. Players were out bidding each other with thier buy prices for T/N.

I guess none of this is really significant atm because we have a woefully small player base.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Our Amish overlord does not believe in creds, so he is once again trying to low the value of carbon and thus everything. T2 was to low to start with and still think that they are. Cost of running the factories to make them and keeping it all running is not factored in. I don't think we will convince RAM of this because he does not want people getting rich quick.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:44 pm

BoshingTong wrote:T2 was to low to start with and still think that they are.

We were being careful not to cause inflation and overprice, knowing it is much easier to raise then to lower.

BoshingTong wrote: I don't think we will convince RAM of this because he does not want people getting rich quick.

Looking for balance. it is not the way all people work, but many only value what they have to work to get. While we do not want it to be a massive chore, it should not be a cakewalk either. Finding that balance is key.

I do think Uranium is overpriced. I think it needs to be lowered. I would have no issue bumping up food by 5%. I just suggested dropping carbon by 5% so we slowly allow the markets to be profitable in multiple ways.

I am hearing that many would like to revisit Local Market Prices at this time. I can start a thread for that, thus include all pricing at the Local Markets.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
Previous