ASC - T2 Discussion

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: ASC - T2 Discussion

Postby Loke » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:11 pm

davh62 wrote:I can see all arguments here. But lets be realistic. Most trading is done to LM's. Not all of us have most of the trading to LMs, I am mainly a colony buiilder and npcs do the trading. I am big in the 2 first proffesions i talked about further up, but only a tourist in hauling It pays the most creds! So? its not a gameplay I enjoy, if I have to shift to doing this instead I rather quit It will always be this way with the very low player base that we have. Let us look at the bigger picture here. What we are trying to curb is easy, fast rush to end game. What I mean by that is something that I & many other vets have seen happen time & time again.

New players join & within 2-4 weeks have a top tier ship millions of credits & no incentive to play. then wouldnt they need a incentive to discover the rest of the game, not just the tiny part of getting bigger ships? how does lower LM price help with that? Please explain, this is something I would really like to understandBH STILL produces tens of millions of carb a day & much of it is 100 creds or below. Plenty of profit margin is still available. yeah, no reason for a new player to build their own colony and have fun, easier to just do boring hauling and leasve the game when they understand how boring that is I see LM reductions as only part of the solution. I would even go so far as to decrease production yields of colonies. Lets face it we overproduce millions. That is a much better suggestion, makes a reason to build again. I think adding class 16 or 17 ship would help even more, since colonies wouldnt be able to produce as much as we haul. No aboundance on the market, migth even have to look for other things than carbon to haul to Along with LM hauling caps.

Anyhow getting back to the presidents proposal. With T2 implemented any price reductions are effectively offset by greater hauling choices. Many of us have access stock of things like beer, wine & cigars. We will start to see these moving from WH to LM. All of you that have showed concern are not short of creds :D ??? I have been working very hard for 3 months now aquiring creds for what I want to do, even done more hauling than usual. I myself as the richest & biggest hauler to LM will see the biggest drop of income This is false statement, you will lose like 15% income, what I fear, and is what happened last time, is that the price colonies can sell carbon for will drop from 150 to less than 50. Income becomes less than a third, but it's a necessity to help the longevity of those who as yet haven't purchased this amazing game.

Now I do expect a backlash from this post. Please feel free to vent. But as a RW multiple business owner I know that when stock is over produced prices need & have to fall. Many of you wanted more realistic economics, RAM's proposal is sound. Unfortunately I dont see it does very much for solving, but does kill the economy we do have, at least the part I use most my gametime in

Or it could be just me who are playing the wrong game :lol: But I really do love the colony building (best Ive seen since 2d games), trading with players, mining, our awesome galaxy and many other things. :? Just not hauling and gatebuilding

Yeah I know I fell out of character, but this is not ingame politics we are discussing, it is definatly gameplay and nerfs!
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 pm

The Hawk Family, before it was displaced from its birth planet known as Raptor One, was independently wealthy and fortunate enough to be carrying most of its vast treasures of exotic materials in our ship holds when we somehow mysteriously arrived at this peculiar place known as the Apollo Cluster. Naturally, then, neither CmdrHawk nor myself have much personal stake in the economics here.

In the interest of the anticipated new wave of Pilot Citizens we hope to see arriving soon, however, I would like to remind our esteemed President Ram that his initial goal in reducing UNCA prices for carbon was to help curb demand for exotics such as tin and niobium. At the time, the Miner’s Guild was working beyond its maximum capacity to meet huge demands being made, predominately, by the carbon barons.

In the meantime, the beasts of hyperinflation and excessive demand for these exotics seem to have been tamed by other means…but the carbon price reduction proposal remains the same?

Wealthy as we are (and still keeping secret exactly what exotics we brought with us and what their value might be) I think, perhaps, the proposal to tax the very wealthy makes a lot of sense…to help level the playing field .

And, while I agree that new PC’s here won’t ultimately reap the most desirable outcome by easy acquisition of too many credits too early in their career here…it was mining for tin and niobium when prices were soaring out of control that was the biggest culprit. If new PC’s have the patience and determination to make their fortunes by hauling then it’s true your price reduction in carbon would broaden the number of products they would look to haul, but since so much infrastructure has already been built to support carbon production…is it really worth upsetting that apple cart?

Tax the overly wealthy, pay more going forward for some of the other products, hooray for adding T2 items to the mix…but I must abandon my blind cheerleader stance to question the wisdom of insisting on the carbon price reduction.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 pm

It well may not suit your game style senator Loke. But it's still a policy of long term gameplay in my eyes. Yes you may lose 15% of your carb profits but you will sell other goods that were slow moving or non moving with T2 implementation. Not a false statement at all but a means to change or "off set" top & bottom line.

Yes there will defo be some crossover from politics to gameplay involved in this thread. Unavoidable.
It's understandable that players will err on the side that suits their own individual gameplay. Glad to see it's stirred up the forum to get players to post on a new feature that can only enhance gameplay.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

davh62 wrote:It well may not suit your game style senator Loke. But it's still a policy of long term gameplay in my eyes. Yes you may lose 15% of your carb profits

No, you lose 15%, I lose 80% if colony sell price has to fall from 150 to 30. Sorry if that wasnt clear.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Let's take a step back and please answer this question.

Are all other prices besides carbon acceptable?

If so, this allows us to target in on this. We could also postpone any carbon change and implement all of T2 items so we can see how it progresses and address carbon prices again at a later date.

I personally am of the opinion, of late, that adding T2 is more important to me than carbon prices. I would rather move forward with something we can all connect with then create divisiveness on the first item we try to address in the ASC.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Loke wrote:
davh62 wrote:It well may not suit your game style senator Loke. But it's still a policy of long term gameplay in my eyes. Yes you may lose 15% of your carb profits

No, you lose 15%, I lose 80% if colony sell price has to fall from 150 to 30. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

I will still haul your carbon at your current sell price. Despite LM reductions. It will make little difference to me there. Convenience over comes profit in some instances. I wrongly assumed you were going to lower your pricing by 15%. I intend to change none of my sell prices lower I see no reason to as the profit margins only affect the end user. I don't intend to sweat my own margin on goods I produce.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

TEKnome

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Postby TEKnome » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 pm

G'Day ! :-)
Gnomes of Gnome Home have worked hard to achieve an Internal Balance in that we have secured sources of Raw Mats, and produce what we need, and use what we produce, with capacity for expansion.

Excess commodities are then available for the Stock Market in New Dawn and for the Inner 9 marketplace.
As such, anything that reduces value of commodities would have to be considered a 'Bad Thing'.

After much discussion amongst Gnomekind, and the consumption of many many pints of Runt Brew ( soooo much beer .... ), Gnomes consider that expansion and added diversity, at the Inner 9 marketplace, is a 'Good Thing'.

We therefore lend our support for the T2 marketplace structure as proposed, and watch future developments with keen interest

Cheers :-)
Skimmer - Miner - Trader - Surveyor - Star Finder
Senator of Gnome Home, Gnomore, TEK808
Governor of Mount Nevermind, Valyria, Banapple
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 am

I, Rhaven of Nox Astrum, do hereby lend my agreement to the tier 2 sales to the UNCA. On the matter of Carbon pricing, my people are ambivalent. We made our early fortune selling Uranium to the Inner Nine as we were asteroid miners by trade. I agree that the carbon pricing is lucrative for both new and old citizen pilots, but we need to get new Citizens to invest in their own futures lest they lose interest and head back to the easy life of the Inner Nine. Too often, and I include myself in this, we give freely of our resources to new citizens. We give them bigger ships to haul more carbon or hold more ore from mining. We forget that to be invested in something you have to work at it. Climb the ladder so to speak. Perhaps it isn't carbon pricing at all, perhaps it is our own generosity that is sending our future spacefarers back to their home planets.
Rhaven of Nox Astrum.
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 pm

hi all...o/

I think that while the entire package may not increase early game income...it definitely adds many future options and goals for mid-level gameplay...

This is good...pass it
Fleas

p.s. I want milk and cheese for my colonists in New Dawn...lol
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 pm

:mrgreen: The recent postings here were interesting (thoughtful) and amusing (idea ... counter idea).

Please remember that RAM takes his role as prez seriously and wants to make Ascent a better place for all PC.
PreviousNext