ASC - Shipyard Price Discussion

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: ASC - Shipyard Price Discussion

Postby Moneyman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Loke wrote:
RAM wrote:I think that the 15% increase is not realistic to the increase of nio/tin pricing. Also, with the rarity in the shipyards, it should drive up the price a bit. We should leave a wide margin for ship makers to compete.

I have seen mammoths for 165m in the shipyards. I am looking at adding 50% to the base list price. I assume it would be around that price.

50% increase would set the base to 247M. I have seen mammoths close to that price in the shipyards. Maybe not quite that high, but 220m for sure.

I think the 50% increase for all class 6-10 is a good starting point to make their prices more realistic and high enough to give shipbuilders a window to make a good profit for the time involved

:?
I dont understand what you mean by those numbers and what the % is refering to.
Care to give a list of 6-10 pricing the way you suggest increasing? Either with a avarage price for each class like in wiki or a price range each class could potentially be sold for at i9 SS, would be nice to see what you mean.

:mrgreen: RAM, Loke does have a point about providing a price list since some prices could change and other prices not change.

i. e. its the price sequence that is of interest and there are many ways to do a 50% price increase.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

RAM wrote:Again, I am lazy. I was figuring on asking UNCA to increase their base prices for cl 6-10 by 50%. I do not know what the base prices are for each, but suspect it is about a variable 40% maximum markup off the base price.

You are not lazy enough, please make it simpler. :P I dont understand how you mean the base price is connected to actual prices we get at shipyards. You say we dont know the base price, which makes it even more confusing to me.

Are you suggesting something similar to increasing the avarage price (the one on wiki) with 50%, like this:
Or am I way off?

I dont need to know the calculations and how you intend to present it to UNCA. Just want to know a rough estimate of what prices the ships could be sold at the way you suggest.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427

The forum are belong to me
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:52 pm

I am assuming that the UNCA is using the same process to calculate ship prices as they do commodity buy prices. They have a base buy price. Then at -,15 and 45 of every hour, the market fluctuates upward to 40% "profit" from that price. Whenever you sell commodities to the Local Market, that is what that % profit figure represents.

I suspect ship prices are the same. The UNCA gives the President a list of the Local Market Commodity base prices and asks for recommendations. I am assuming the same basic calculations are being used for ships because the UNCA is lazy too. :lol:

So my plan is to ask the UNCA to increase these "Base" prices by 50%.

One example would be the Mammoth. Again, I do not know the base price because I have never taken the time to really figure it out, but let is assume 170 million credits. This would make the range from 170M to 238M Credits.

This would mean the new base price would be adjusted to 255 Million Credits. So the range, if 40% markup is maximum, would be 255M to 357M credits.

Your latest calculations look about what I was thinking.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you Ram, makes sense now.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427

The forum are belong to me
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 am

Loke wrote:Thank you Ram, makes sense now.

Glad that clarified it. I am a numbers guy, but a real lazy one. I can see things in my head and numbers just roll around, but I am often bad at explaining what I am seeing. Never worry about asking for clarification. I know I am weak with this at times. I also get interrupted by those pesky generators often int he middle of a post and loose my train of thought. So I will blame them often too, justified or unjustified. 8-)

I will give this one more day of discussion, then move forward with a vote for the 50% increase of the base SS Shipyard price for class 6-10 ships if there is no more major objections.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 am

:mrgreen: Using a thread to substitute for Moon's absence in the game.

Ship buy index link: http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3477
Previous