ASC - Shipyard Price Vote

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.

Do you support increasing class 6-10 base ship prices by 50%?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:31 pm

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 16
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: ASC - Shipyard Price Vote

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:57 pm

With a 14 for and 2 against, we have a strong affirmation for presenting this to the UNCA. Once the T2 poll is closed, I will make a formal proposal to the UNCA with this and the T2 items, if they pass. If they do not, I will simply present this.

Thanks for all who participated. No one claimed their Senator additional vote, which makes the math much easier. 8-)

I feel that there was a strong affirmation and I will pass this on. I also value those who opposed because that helps us have balanced, healthy discussions and processing. I ask their support for the voice of the community and if you are really against this. Please support the rest of the community if you feel you can not support this poll. The functioning of the community is much more important than any one vote.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:00 pm

RAM wrote: No one claimed their Senator additional vote, which makes the math much easier.

That migth be because of this:
RAM wrote:The poll will run for 7 days. Any Senator can add one extra vote after the poll closes by openly declaring their support or lack of support to this topic in this thread.

Or did you mean that senators should write a post during the time the poll is open, and then you add it after it closes? I am confused again :lol:
Doesnt matter for me for this voting, as I am not strongly for or against this, but would like to know for future voting.
Other than that well done running this in ASC RAM.

I do support increasing, but not to fond of the increased jump between cl5 and 6, which is why I ended up with a no for this voting.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427

The forum are belong to me
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Loke wrote:Or did you mean that senators should write a post during the time the poll is open, and then you add it after it closes? I am confused again

Most likely because I did not spell it out well enough. A Senator needs to declare in poll thread BEFORE the end of the poll closing. It would be too hard if it was after because when do I stop counting to take the final vote?

Loke wrote:I do support increasing, but not to fond of the increased jump between cl5 and 6, which is why I ended up with a no for this voting.

I understand the dilemma. Another way of looking at it is class 5 are very common. Class 6 - 10 are not. The increased cost comes from lack of availability. Supply and demand.

Loke wrote:Other than that well done running this in ASC RAM.

Don't be too easy on me, or I will feel I am doing something wrong! :lol:
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote:Other than that well done running this in ASC RAM.

Don't be too easy on me, or I will feel I am doing something wrong! :lol:

I do support your ASC platform, its your politics thats just wrong. You can relax, I will most likely disagree with your future suggestions as well. 8-)

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote:I do support increasing, but not to fond of the increased jump between cl5 and 6, which is why I ended up with a no for this voting.

I understand the dilemma. Another way of looking at it is class 5 are very common. Class 6 - 10 are not. The increased cost comes from lack of availability. Supply and demand.

That kinda just increases the issue, new players get hit by both a big jump in price and increased difficulty of finding a ship for sale at the same ship class upgrade. I dont know enough about this really, I am just guessing how it is to be a new player.

Edit: Doesnt really matter now that voting is closed, I support the decisions made by ASC, even when I disagree, as long as the prosess have been followed properly.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427

The forum are belong to me
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:50 am

Class 6-10 ship base prices have been increased by 50% in the shipyards now.
Previous