ASC - Local Market additions(T2) and prices

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.

Do you support the additions to the Local Market and the prices presented?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:28 am

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes : 17
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: ASC - Local Market additions(T2) and prices

Postby RAM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:33 pm

BoshingTong wrote:I would like to point out that Uranium is used up at colonies and has to be restock to keep the powerplants running at max output. I would rather buy it and stock it than sell it off to the LM. It is not mined often and I know I use a lot.

Well, I have dumped over a million tons. I could easily mine, in one trip, the needs of the entire community.

Here is my thoughts of why to add that and the scooped gasses. This allows for more developed carriers. If someone likes to scoop, then they should be able to sell. If someone likes to mine, why not have some items worth hauling back to sell? I totally believe there should be some junk in game. I would like to see us develop the carrier options. This is actually why Jam talked Gems when we were adding T2. He said he wanted to create a new carrier path for someone. It was like a light popped in my head. I could see it much clearer after that comment.

So my suggestions for these items are to allow for differing carrier paths. The T2 additions are great for producers and traders. These two would be good for miners and skimmers. What other carrier paths are we missing that something could be added to help it develop?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Note: Ram's term 'carrier' is what most of us would call 'career'

No offense meant but it took me a while of being confused before I realized what he meant.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Note: Ram's term 'carrier' is what most of us would call 'career'

No offense meant but it took me a while of being confused before I realized what he meant.

ROTF
I was wondering what he ment. Thanks. :lol:
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Note: Ram's term 'carrier' is what most of us would call 'career'

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:25 am

Here are some starting ideas for pricing.

Oxygen 1000/ton
Tritium 3000/ton
Deuterium 30,000/ton
Uranium 15,000/ton
Magnesium 7,500/ton

I watched a few contracts for Oxy,Mag and Uranium to get an idea of where the contract prices were.

A full load of Tritium should be worth more than a full load of carbon. There is a 1 in 20 chance to get deuterium. Maybe it should be 60,000/ton. I see few who will get massive full loads of deut so I do not see it as a real issue. Maybe all the skimming gasses should be higher to encourage a career(carrier).

Since I do not see any of these making a massive impact, I am happy to work at consensus and they present our thoughts to the UNCA. I will not bring it to a vote unless there is a strong call to do so.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 am

RAM wrote:Here are some starting ideas for pricing.

Oxygen 1000/ton
Tritium 3000/ton
Deuterium 30,000/ton
Uranium 15,000/ton
Magnesium 7,500/ton

I watched a few contracts for Oxy,Mag and Uranium to get an idea of where the contract prices were.

A full load of Tritium should be worth more than a full load of carbon. There is a 1 in 20 chance to get deuterium. Maybe it should be 60,000/ton. I see few who will get massive full loads of deut so I do not see it as a real issue. Maybe all the skimming gasses should be higher to encourage a career(carrier).

Since I do not see any of these making a massive impact, I am happy to work at consensus and they present our thoughts to the UNCA. I will not bring it to a vote unless there is a strong call to do so.

Oxygen is very OP ram. We can create millions of that with just a couple of domes very fast. It should be more like 100 each.
If oxygen ends up at 1k each I could open 10 new oxy farms on mz3 and become an overnight "air baron".
All a player would need would be WH and power. No needy colonists and food to worry about. Please reconsider oxygen as an addition to LM.

All the others are skim/mine based but oxy can also be farmed via domes. It would make a mockery of the economy.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:37 pm

davh62 wrote:Oxygen is very OP ram. We can create millions of that with just a couple of domes very fast. It should be more like 100 each.
If oxygen ends up at 1k each I could open 10 new oxy farms on mz3 and become an overnight "air baron".
All a player would need would be WH and power. No needy colonists and food to worry about. Please reconsider oxygen as an addition to LM.

All the others are skim/mine based but oxy can also be farmed via domes. It would make a mockery of the economy.

Good point. I forgot that we could do that. I was just thinking skimming. I knew it looked off, but could not recall why.

Maybe even 50, or leave it off and just allow for contracts that limit the amount that can be sold. It is going for about 1000 a ton in contracts. Since it has a purpose of making domes habitable, maybe we don't need it bought in the LM at all. I think I am more moving in that direction.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:01 pm

In Japan you can go to an O2 bar for air for $100 for like 45 minutes.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I am inclined not to include Oxygen at all. The NPCs should be able to distil this from their own atmosphere, as we can from our domes.

The prices of the other materials sound good to me.

This would now make it viable to keep Magnesium and Uranium from my mining expeditions.

I agree RAM ram that we should but some of our brainpower into thinking of was to improve the various 'carrier' paths that exist.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Llanrhystyd also for MrPC-16 and moper-10.
Mayor of all MI Facilities in the Miners Paradise system.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm for adding it but 100 is plenty. I would also like to see water added.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
PreviousNext