El Cartell 2!

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

El Cartell 2!

Postby davh62 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:09 am

I would like to propose the reforming of the cartel.

This time is a more passive role. Our role will be to drive down T/N prices yet further. This can only happen if we stand together as we did during the "Borg incident". My suggestions for doing this is simply as follows.

Buy all stock priced above 50K
Change our stock market sell orders of T/N to 50K each.

I am willing to immediately put 1m of each for sale in Prime at a sell price of 50K if enough support is shown. It will be important to "synch" our sm changes at a time that suits all members.

Mr president I know you fully endorse the lowering of the T/N commodities & hope you will not only give the cartel permission to reform but also head up this task.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: El Cartell 2!

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 pm

I fully support this move...

Viva el Cartel!!

I shall leave my buy orders at 100k [er unit to encourage trade in T/N at a price that is lower.

Thinking about it, I am not sure that buying up stock.that is for sale at 100K or greater will do anything other than bankrupt the purchaser: especially as there is in excess of 2 million Niobium for sale at Only Coils for 100K per unit. If sellers think they can off load material at that price they will continue to do so.

If these sellers (at greater than 50k/70K) can see that T/N is being traded at less than their selling price then they must lower their prices in order to sell their material.

Perhaps the way forward would be for the Cartel to advertise that they will be selling at 50K/70K per unit and get personal orders rather like the MINERS Guild used to do.

Edited after RAM Posted
Last edited by Mooncrest on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 pm

I would suggest 70k. I would love to see the price go to 50k, but feel there are so many inactive SM that have orders up, that we would not be able to make this happen. I think 70k is a much more realistic price to start with.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm

If El Cartel is going to sell Tin and Niobium for 50K to 70K per unit, what would the recommended buy order price be; bearing in mind that we wish to encourage trade, so the buy price should be at least 30% higher than El Cartel's sell price of 50K to 70K?

For the moment i will reduce ny Buy Price to 90K per unit to reflect a probable El Cartel Sell Price of 70K as recommended by RAM.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Llanrhystyd.
Mayor of all MI Facilities in the Miners Paradise system.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Mooncrest wrote:If El Cartel is going to sell Tin and Niobium for 50K to 70K per unit, what would the recommended buy order price be; bearing in mind that we wish to encourage trade, so the buy price should be at least 30% higher than El Cartel's sell price of 50K to 70K?

For the moment i will reduce ny Buy Price to 90K per unit to reflect a probable El Cartel Sell Price of 70K as recommended by RAM.

Sounds reasonable but I asked stag to buy at 70k. Could you set your buys also at 70k Moon?
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 am

Well after a 4-6m sale of T/N galaxy wide Ram, Moon & myself cleared orders far & wide!

It has had the desired affect. I would urge all players too now set their buying orders for T/N to around the 50-70k mark.
There are a few orders on the market showing 100-140 but these are dead markets from players long gone or have no credits. We did clear them yesterday(A click on them makes them disappear) but they return every 24hours when the game refreshes market. Which is really annoying as it falsely represents the real buy & sell prices of all commodities.

You should now find that you are able to buy T/N at around 60-80k each!
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 am

I fully support this effort to lower T/N prices, I have dropped my buy orders to 70k in support but have to say I will be stocking up on vast amounts of Tin and Nio to see my 2 Coils OSB's through the next month. I hope this action does not drive up prices but I have trillions of useless Credits and I am slightly burned out on mining at this time. I'm sure a month away will rekindle my desire to mine but I would rather come back to millions of Coils stockpiled which I can pass on to everyone currently engaged in building gate mods. I was going to build more Shipyards but I am feeling that this only has one effect and that is supporting JAM through purchases of Stellar Credits. I am very disappointed with the lack of support JAM has shown to the community during the previous 12 months and I no longer feel the need to support Fluffy Kitten Studios until such times that they demonstrate a desire to keep the current player base involved in all developments and share the future plans they have for Ascent.