General Elections

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: General Elections

Postby RAM » Sun May 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Loke wrote:Yeah, YOU were able to do something, RAM.

Well, since most presidents become inactive right after election, I stayed and timing was right to implement something that did not take a lot of UNCA effort. Politics is often getting little things done and making them look big. 8-)
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Thu May 30, 2019 8:44 am

RAM wrote:The challenge of triggering a general election is who will be president?

Option 1:
  • No election, RAM stays president.

Option 2:
  • Election where RAM gets elected president without running
  • We get new senators where its needed

I dont see why we cant have an election just because no one wants to be president. I say we go for option 2 and get som new senators.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Thu May 30, 2019 7:51 pm

I am not really that opposed to another election.

WE would have to organize who got what system. Not many of us and lots of systems. Not sure what happens when no one votes for anyone in a system. I could check with Jam about it and see if he is willing to trigger another general election.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri May 31, 2019 1:36 pm

The main reason I wante an election was to have active players in charge of the system in close proximity to the Inner 9. I know that davh2 is Senator for Prime, RAM for Menzel 3 and Miners Paradise. I am ot sure about Haven and New Dawn. The reason is that players may want to link to these hub systems in order to gain access to the Inner 9 systems

The monthy election which are still happening, I think, will allow us to extend the TC systems as any new systems Fraaggii wants to colonise :D

Option 2 is the ideal solution for me.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm

BoshingTong is Senator in New Dawn. Hubes has Haven.

My biggest concern is what happens to a system where no one votes in a senator. I will find time this week to check with Jam to see if he remembers.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Jam said that the systems that are not voted for int he generals will become "blanked." He said they will be available in the monthly by-elections if we so choose. I am not as confident that this will happen, but passing on what he said.

I feel like it would be easier to run down a few, which I should have contact info on many, then blank out most systems and then have to work or wait to fill.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Someone say elections?

lol

In all seriousness if you guys need help with anything let me know...If you trigger an election I'll keep my systems active like always.

I've been inactive, but I still check in here...If anyone wants to gate to a system of mine just message here and I'll handle it like I've been doing...been ages since the last request though.

I've also seen that mechanic at work...if no one runs for a system it goes up in the auto by-elections so even if no ones gets elected you could still set up and take the system in a by-election if needed.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 am

Hubes wrote:I've also seen that mechanic at work...if no one runs for a system it goes up in the auto by-elections so even if no ones gets elected you could still set up and take the system in a by-election if needed.

Thanks for validating this Hubes. Good to hear from you too.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:27 am

Good to hear that you are still looking in Hubes.

We are still hopeful that Jam will be able to put some work in on Ascent; though maybe not soon.
User

Novicius

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

NOVA, NEO, JULIA

Postby Novicius » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:11 am

secret massage via diplomatic channels -> NOVA demands elections as soon as possible.

Encrypted file: I am the alfa and omega of my population, but as all humans, humanoids and low level AI's they need democracy. Demonstration of my power. DEMO of my CRATOS. I have been wandering around recently, this is true but which god does not.

Official file: Nova Imperative supports RAM until new leader will rise from unknown. Status Quo is better than unpredictable changes. I vote for RAM to change nothing. I like RAM as real president or nominal president. Hard times are not times of revolution, but of hard work and stability.
DAIMON DEUS ALEXIS CAPS NOVICIUS IMPERATIVE...
"I am NOVA",senator of NEO,MINERVA and TIN TIN, imperative of N-Spire force, CEO of Bank of NOVA

"I have a dream..."

MM "You can be fun to read"
Previous