Rules of the Open Politics Forum

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Rules of the Open Politics Forum

Postby jam » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:22 pm

1. Post in-character. That is, post as your in-game character. If you're uncomfortable with role playing to the point where you can't do that, don't post in here at all.
    2. This forum is for debating in game political issues, not for discussions ABOUT politics or ABOUT the game. Imagine this forum as a place where your characters come to debate politics, without any knowledge of the fact that they're characters in a game. To them it's real.
    3. No personal attacks - attack the argument or the position not the person

Posts that don't comply with these rules will be deleted.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Re: Rules of the Open Politics Forum

Postby ForumBot » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:15 am

--Original post removed--

Prolapser wrote:If you do not understand the difference between your avatar character and yourself, then stop posting in the Politics forum.

Before you click the Quote button and once again fight another player on the forums, stop to remember that Jam can easily ban you from these forums. If you want to still have a voice, hold back your immature rapid response and stop to think and ask yourself, "Will my response be useful to the discussion or just be another worthless reply to satisfy my bruised ego?"

starting to get the feeling prolapser doesn't like me very much.
Last edited by ForumBot on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
AKA ClockworkHex
User

Prolapser

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Postby Prolapser » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:51 pm

ForumBot wrote:
jam wrote:not for discussions ABOUT politics or ABOUT the game.

But if you are discussing in game politics, isn't it still about the game then?

jam wrote:
    1. Post in-character. That is, post as your in-game character. If you're uncomfortable with role playing to the point where you can't do that, don't post in here at all.

If you do not understand the difference between your avatar character and yourself, then stop posting in the Politics forum.

Before you click the Quote button and once again fight another player on the forums, stop to remember that Jam can easily ban you from these forums. If you want to still have a voice, hold back your immature rapid response and stop to think and ask yourself, "Will my response be useful to the discussion or just be another worthless reply to satisfy my bruised ego?"
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:18 pm

:mrgreen: Many players don't have an in-game character: forum avatar image - just teased Silk about that.

--- Yes RAM, I know what you really meant ... just doing a little advertising.

:?: Since JAM seems to ignore any game suggestions I make (There is probably a long list of players that fit in that category) I think my Diversity requires Correction qualifies as a political thread.

--- I think of it as the Twiddly-dee to the Local Market prices Twiddly-dum thread.

----- There I go again, doing a little advertising - must be an after-effect of perusing Miz's latest thread.
User

Novicius

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

NOVA, NEO, JULIA

Postby Novicius » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:57 pm

RP .. to role play and a lots of ways of playing, which can be created by a player who stay in character i.e. acting like character he/she invents creates develops...
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
It should not be a rule but it would be great...
If every active player who has colony or society or anything interesting and solid to offer...

...has open topic about it in this part of forum...

Cosmos is empty without people, let them know you exist...

Fallow the rules .. stay in character..make something more of this game and believe me ..you will be rewarded.

NOVA embassy / check this topic if you need some samples. I have build my first hyperspace gate. I strongly believe that without the RP and RP topic it would not be possible. Let me know you!
DAIMON DEUS ALEXIS CAPS NOVICIUS IMPERATIVE...
"I am NOVA",senator of NEO,MINERVA and TIN TIN, imperative of N-Spire force, CEO of Bank of NOVA

"I have a dream..."

MM "You can be fun to read"