30 Day Cycle for Elections?

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Re: 30 Day Cycle for Elections?

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 pm

On behalf of the colonists of New Vegas, we 2nd the motion proposed by by the Senator of Prime, Prolapser in keeping with parliamentary procedure. New Vegas is a single colony world at the moment and did not receive ballots or even notification that the first election was even happening due to being on a remote world with slow communications. (OOC-Only used PC client)

We concur with the proposal that single colony worlds should automatically get the right to name a governor and senator to this Galactic Congress, I would counter-propose that it be one week but inevitably either way returns the same results in that those worlds now have the ability to elect their own representation and have direct control over planetary affairs wherein the Galactic Government is concerned.

To quote an old Terran sayin', "No taxation without Representation."
User

seikatsukira

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 am

Postby seikatsukira » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:49 pm

To quote an old Terran sayin', "No taxation without Representation."

None of my colonists are taxed. Do you intend to tax yours? Because I don't see anyone else being taxed anywhere.
Seikatsukira[/size]
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:07 pm

No we do not, our local government is still finalizing its ideology around such things but most likely it will be a free form of democracy where all get equal votes to cast in local affairs and freedoms to do with their lives as they see fit. Should they choose taxation though that shall be their choice to provide for things such as colony infrastructure support.

I have heard tell that many of the colony worlds out their treat their colonists as slave labor...

Surely the Senator representing the multiple systems of Neu Himar and Primo Spe can determine the comment to be rhetorical in nature...

to simplify my meaning….. New Vegas WILL have representation or else it will have independence….we would prefer to have that representation, being the hardworking peaceful freedom loving colony that we are but we also reserve the right to persevere against neglectful governmental mismanagement through rules of succession should they so choose…
no avatar
User

Jacarie

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Postby Jacarie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:47 am

I do not know the limitations on the Political System, but how about a 90 day cycle but once a new system, with out any former government, has grown say 5,000 population a vote comes available to elect a Senator for the system, a Governor for the planets that have a population, and a Mayor for the colonies of that system.
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Postby Johneaux » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:30 am

rmartz wrote:
Johneaux wrote:Apparently a 3 month young colony is far to small to want a gate

Unless it is a stepping gate to another colony, or a great asteroid field loaded with Promethium. ;)

Just saying, some here want systems to have 1 million population before a gate is proposed
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:38 am

Johneaux wrote:
Just saying, some here want systems to have 1 million population before a gate is proposed

And those some are not in the systems and should have little say what happens. :P

Cuz I could say systems with more then 100,000 have to have a gate. That would not be right for me to dictate what they do. It is not right for them to dictate what others do.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Previous