By Elections for open seats

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
no avatar
User

G.A. Hall

Rank

Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:34 pm

By Elections for open seats

Postby G.A. Hall » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 pm

The TF63 Democracy Technicians have at last completed the first version of their new "by-election" system. This allows us to hold elections only for seats which are unoccupied, meaning new colonies, planets and systems can now vote for governance without requiring general elections.

We are testing the system with a round of by-elections for all currently unoccupied seats.
G.A. Hall
UNCA Fleet Admiral, CO Task Force 63
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: By Elections for open seats

Postby rmartz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:44 pm

G.A. Hall wrote:The TF63 Democracy Technicians have at last completed the first version of their new "by-election" system. This allows us to hold elections only for seats which are unoccupied, meaning new colonies, planets and systems can now vote for governance without requiring general elections.

We are testing the system with a round of by-elections for all currently unoccupied seats.

How do we vote?

The Vote button seems to have no reaction when pressed. I am in system to vote. I am seeing nothing that opens the possibility to vote.

Waiting on further instructions.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Same here, New Vegas colony has also attempted to vote for a leader but appears unable to see any result.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Agamemnon wrote:Same here, New Vegas colony has also attempted to vote for a leader but appears unable to see any result.

Fixed today. You can vote for me now. :P
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:11 am

Admiral Hall, when can we expect elections to close?
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:33 am

rmartz wrote:Admiral Hall, when can we expect elections to close?

Any timeline of closing these elections? The next community gate build is waiting on it and we have been making modules for a week or so. We can start building immediately after elections are closed. Admiral Hall, your prompt response would be appreciated. Those of us who work so hard to rebuild Apollo sector want to partner with UNCA. We are wondering how much UNCA wants to partner with us. It is hard to plan and gauge our next moves when the UNCA will not communicate back to us so we can plan. More and more are starting to look to UNCA uncontrolled space. I would not want the UNCA to loose more systems.

We are just looking for a timeframe if elections still need to be open. A response would be appreciated.

Your humble Senator.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 am

Admiral Hall,

We know you are busy and have many tasks that require your attention. We do appreciate the election process you have brought to us. Our colonists value having a voice. We needed to build a structure that allows us to oversee and guide our rebuilding. It has gone well and overall it has been a great success.

The introduction of by-elections for the newer colonies was accepted with excitement. The newer colonies felt recognized and not minimized by their size compared to the larger colonies. They rejoiced in the fact they were going to have a voice and representation in the new governing system.

Their enthusiasm is waning. The hunt for new places is slowing. Our passion for exploration and expansion is cooling. Our confidence in UNCA is becoming fragile. The elections are still open and we have no word on how long they will be open. We have requested information on the ETA and have received no replay. Rumors are starting to fly in our colonies. Calls to abandon the UNCA and join the Red Zone are coming louder. It is hard to keep our colonists focused with so much uncertainty. Production is being affected. Several colonies are quiet. Their hopes of a gate diminished. Their connection with the Inner9 is very fragile.

Admiral, could you please show your great leadership and share with us your vision on this. Can you give us an idea, just an idea of the closing time and process? It will allow us to judge how best to allocate resources. We have enough gate modules already built to complete the next gate planned. We are holding them in anticipation. It is hard to keep our Shipyards producing when many question the need to continue with no concrete plan. We need your presence. We ask for a response. We call for direction. We beg for input.

As ask for your help. We want to show that the UNCA has a purpose and a strength. We want to continue the rebuild. If we what we are doing does not fit within the UNCA plan and goals, we can and will flex to fit that. We are striving to rebuild and become strong enough to support the UNCA by building a vast economic structure. One that brings an abundance of resources. Abundance brings prosperity. We can be the prosperity of many who are in need. We want to bring balance, not control. Supplies, not demands. We are working to help with the rebuild and find those lost systems in need. Without a good gate system, we can not expand and make resources available to even the smallest among us. We need your assistance to bring balance to our systems before we can become a hope to others. Completing the the by-election process is a great help with this.

I call on us as a Senate and I call on our Colonial President to join as one voice to speak with one heart to ask for a response from Admiral Hall. I have found some ancient texts that speak of a process called a filibuster. It is when one Senator stands and speaks and does not relinquish the floor until he can not speak any more. I do not wish to do this, but I will if I must. Please respond so we can plan and encourage or colonists with hope and reassurance instead of doubt and fear.

I am not the only one calling for this, but I am being the most vocal. I call on all present to speak. I step down and return the floor to others so their voice can be heard. I will only step forward and continue to speak if we only hear silence.

Thank you for your time Admiral. We do thank you for the safety and order you have brought. We hope to continue to work with you and UNCA as we strive to bring hope and food to the millions caught in this broken and unsure time.
Check out RAM Memories.