Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

NPC Ships

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:22 am

There are now loads of NPC ships that seem to be loitering at most of the Inner Systems; in particular Apollo and Ceres.

I am wondering is Jam can distinguish between those that are still carrying out their orders and those that are merely 'partying'.

If he can perhaps he could disband them; sending the pilots back to Crew status and returning the ships to the SS Plato Hangar of the owner.

If he cannot, he could, perhaps, just disband all NPC Ships and we could start over.

I would not be too bothered by this as I have numerous small ships, Class 5 or less, in use by NPC pilots which I would gladly have disbanded in order to reassign the NPCs to bigger ships.

It would like everyone's opinion on this before I send a proposal it to Jam. I may be something he could organise while still working on the New Game.
no avatar
User

Cevanne

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:53 am

Re: NPC Ships

Postby Cevanne » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi,

I just made my 4 own lvl15 ships and would like to keep them :)
If only the NPC ships from Ceres and Apollo are removed then I have no problem with that.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:23 am

Cevanne wrote:Hi,

I just made my 4 own lvl15 ships and would like to keep them :)
If only the NPC ships from Ceres and Apollo are removed then I have no problem with that.

Players will not lose their ships, but they will have to reassign pilots to ships and give new orders.

The ships in Ceres and Apollo are the most nuisance, as they do seem to have totally forgotten what their orders are. Limiting the exercise to those ships would help somewhat.
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

United States

Postby DemonicReaper » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:53 am

I have no issue with moon's proposal, I did once unintentionally assign an npc pilot my lev w/ HD, would be nice to have the ability to reassign them or have the ability to regain access to any npc ship you wish. That being said, it may possible to just make any ship that has no orders go dormant so they don't bog down any system.
Mayor of UC Farms, UC Iron, UC Tobacco, UC Processing, UC Mines, UC Vault, UC Composites, UC Parts, UC Factory, UC Hyde, UC Robotics, UC Tradeport, UC Coil Exchange, UC Surplus Materials
Senator of Black Hell and Ultima
Architect of UmbrellaCorp2