Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

New Client 1.5402 released

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 pm

A new Client 1.5402 has been released.

As yet no release notes, but I understand that Biocomps are now recognised by the Authorities at your ISB. Plus, someehing may have been done with the colliders.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: New Client 1.5402 released

Postby Loke » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:15 pm

You might want to take a look at crew missions under "Manage ship and crew" ;)

Unfortunately I dont seem to get the new version installed properly to test myself :( It installs fine, and I have also checked integrity of game files, but even after several reinstalls it says "checking version" (instead of "client version 1.5##" and "server version 1.3") on the log in menu. And ingame it doesnt load systems outside i9 and map doesnt load... I can ejump to ceres, but see no gate ot MZ3 there and no map to use for hyperjump to places
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
My AutohotKey tools: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4329
Mining yield calculator (google sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Colliders are better. Will check the ISB biocomputer patch later unless someone beats me to it.

Crew missions are listed, but not implemented yet.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:28 pm

imagine the poor math teacher trying to explain integration and laplace transform to the dumbass NPCs :lol:
Mining yield calculator (google sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:13 pm

Still cant get this version of the client to work, anyone have any tips?
I have tried reinstalling the game several times, deleting all first. Also tried only updating from 1.5309 (latest client version that works for me) and verifying files with steam. Still no luck.

What doesnt load in game:
-Client version and server version number on log in screen
-Systems outside innner 9, only shows Janus A star no matter where I am
-Map doesnt load any stars, just empty grid

Other things seems to work normally, like inner 9 systems with gates, stock market search, chat etc, so it does connect to server but maybe it doesnt get access to certain things or something?

Its boring to not get the most recent bugs, so would appriciate any tips I could try to solve it
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:22 pm

At least a month now without new version working, neither beta or live is playable. No idea how many differnt cleints ther have been, since I cant see version number. Could it be something network related? Im completely out of ideas...

From login screen, lower corners that should say client version and server version:

In game. Nomatter what system I am in outside of i9 (I went there on old version 1.5309 that works fine) it will only show this:
Lev ship turns 360 degrees in 1 sec, seems like ship characterisitics doesnt get loaded either.

Map doesnt load anything:
Bookmarks are there and I can use SM search just fine. Map search does nothing, as in nothing happens when I click search, not even an error or anything
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:28 pm

I have given this directly to Jam. Feel free to email support@fluffykittenstudios.com
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:33 pm

<jam> it says "checking version" (instead of "client version 1.5##" and "server version 1.3") on the log in menu <--- this is a network issue
<jam> something is preventing him from getting through to us
<jam> firewall or something in between us

I am wondering if you ran a traceroute to the server if that would tell you anything.

It could be port related too. Not sure which ports are used.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:29 pm

THx, that (oncludiong info on PM) gives me a few more things to test and play around with, hopefully will figure out whats the issue when I get around to it. Have already tried without firewall and a few other things. The thing that I dont get is why its working fine on 1.5309 and older, but no newer clients
no avatar
User

sgisk

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Postby sgisk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:39 pm

I have similar problems as Loke after installing last version (beta version from 21.9.2021)
28.8. I was playing fine
now my ship info (in ship and crew management is empty), after starting game there wasn't version (only checking version), map isn't working - is empty
and I was on my ISB a nd I wasn't able to exit it because I haven't installed salvage beam - message from game
I was able to e-jump to Ceres, but I wasn't near station
I don't see any NPC ship near Ceres station and each trhust is giving me speed about 300 000 m/s - maybe this is reason I wasn't near station after e-jump
Next