Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: New Client 1.5402 released

Postby RAM » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 am

sgisk wrote:I'm running it in win10 too
my tracert is from twelve99 same

it's something in client or in some win10 update

That is what Jam is wondering if some Windows update or engine update has a bug he has no way of addressing.

Loke said one computer was working and one was not. He may be able to give more insight until we can get it to happen on more systems.

We will keep chipping away.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: New Client 1.5402 released

Postby Loke » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:25 am

RAM wrote:Loke said one computer was working and one was not. He may be able to give more insight until we can get it to happen on more systems.

Just to be clear what works on my computers/network:

Desktop I play ascent on:
-version 1.5309 works fine, always did. I can still play on that, I keep copies of older versions stored so I can switch to when there are issues with new.
-any new verison from mid august onwards does not work, as in doesnt show version number or loading map and outer systems (inner9 fully playable). Since some things still work in new versions, like the stock market search, it is getting some information from the server

Laptop connected to same network as desktop:
-Installed fresh steam and ascent, loaded up the game and saw version number loaded. Not actually tried playing the game, since it doesnt have good hardware for that

That doesnt clearify much, only that it is possible to send version numbers through my network.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
My AutohotKey tools: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4329
Mining yield calculator (google sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Previous