User

stagc2002

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump Skimming for Tritium tutorial

Postby stagc2002 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:48 am

after discussions with Bozack on jump skimming I have refined a technique that will fill your cargo hold with Tritium in one move. Be aware that the Ram Scoop Class and your Gas Skimming Skill Level will determine how much volume you will collect per jump.
Personally I use a Class 13 Ram Scoop and have a Skill level of 357
Okay to business:
My Preferred Gas Giant for Skimming is Gas Giant 2 in Rhaven-955 system (using a Leviathan this requires 2809 hydrogen for the Jump from Prime) I always take an extra 1000 hydrogen which allows for any misruns and also the jump back to Prime from Ceres (243 hydro in Leviathan)
Step One - Jump out to Rhaven-955 from your preferred start point (my start point is obviously Prime)
Step Two - Warp to "View Range" of Gas Giant (2) and then allow Capacitor to refill completely
Step three - Select Gas Giant (2) in the destination column this will take you down into the Skimming Zone @ around 0.2379609 G, your Ram Scoop will now be firing
Step four - Use the "S" Key and your Grav Anchor to align the targeting reticule with the Blue horizon
Step five - Using the "K" Key and the Grav Anchor and bring the Ship up to 0.2379125 G (+/- 0.0000020g makes little to no difference)
Step six - Open Galactic Map and select solx-456 (class K giant) it should be located at around 10 o'clock on the map view, jump cost is 75 hydro in a Leviathan. Make the Jump
Step seven - Emergency Jump to Ceres or Jump to where ever your preference is. I have a 100% success rate so far using these steps, I have tried numerous times to get a cargo of Deuterium but have been unsuccessful to date, Deuterium is expected to be somewhere between 8% - 12% probability while skimming Tritium, I made 15 consecutive attempts with no luck

I hope this will save you some skimming time
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Jump Skimming for Tritium tutorial

Postby RAM » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:31 pm

This is really a game hack and should not be posted on the forum. :P

We can ignore it and it will disappear into the multiverse of threads here.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:37 pm

Hmmm, I wonder how you would describe Dark Skies, should we rename that system to "Do Not Go Here" ;)
I think Game Hack is a little strong, it is just exploiting physics. A proper Game Hack is what Worm did with his Carbon Hauling Bot.... :ugeek:
If you so desire I will edit the post away
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:12 am

stagc2002 wrote:I think Game Hack is a little strong, it is just exploiting physics.

Maybe you are right.

stagc2002 wrote:If you so desire I will edit the post away

Nah. We will just let it disappear into the history. 8-)
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories