User

stagc2002

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

the moon that keeps on giving

Postby stagc2002 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:42 am

I know that everything in the galactic map is procedurally generated but does anyone know approximately how many clusters are generated on a Gems Planet/Moon. I have been mining Gems on Johneaux-142 Moon (12) and to date I have found over 100 clusters and mined in excess of 4000 gems. I have only circumnavigated the moon twice, Once at the equator and once about 15 degrees to the North. I have to assume by these results so far that the Moon is going to have in excess of 500 clusters, if this is the case, based on the current yield of 35 to 42 gems per cluster ( Beam Class 15 and Deep Core Mining Skill of 19) then it may be possible to accumulate 20000 gems from this moon. Does anyone concur with these figures based on your own findings on Gems Planets/Moons
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: the moon that keeps on giving

Postby RAM » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:18 pm

Jam has never said how many clusters per object, but only that they are finite.

I can aske him in passing when he is actually doing Ascent work. He is striving for one day a week, but his work has kept him quite pressed of late and we are not getting that. We may get a day this week or next. We will see. The more work he does to get the other game done for them the sooner Ascent goes up. We are next in line.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories