Big Backbone Gate Project

Complain about the nerfs here
no avatar
User

Seeker5

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Posts

112

Joined

Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Seeker5 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:48 am

Grate guns Batman path out to 34, -14, 44 planning underway .....

And here I was starting to check around Aruba for a 1G location to use SDG on to setup a foundation for further expansion :lol:

May have to rethink where we are going to put a hub with a few planets/moons with all the resourses to support further expansion.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

690

Joined

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Wulf » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:18 am

Seeker5 wrote:Grate guns Batman path out to 34, -14, 44 planning underway .....

And here I was starting to check around Aruba for a 1G location to use SDG on to setup a foundation for further expansion :lol:

May have to rethink where we are going to put a hub with a few planets/moons with all the resourses to support further expansion.



:D it's a pity that Zemp's is big, that is the kind of place you were looking for for your small, all the mats and two foods that are short on in this chain.
Zemp-gq8-550 planet 9 alum 19 carb 27 Iron 36 titan 17 geo 5, anim/veg both 2, grav 3.33
had a very Dune feel to it when i checked it out.

having said that i am still hoping we can find something near Asgard and Prism to help make that a hub location.
the iron planet Barbados is small i believe, has nothing but iron. however it should be really good at it ;p
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:26 am

Wulf wrote:
Zemp wrote:Happy to set up a colony on the above planet. Setting up midway between Aruba and Tarsonis means bigger gate project but 1 gate instead of 2 at 50 ly each will save 100 pc/wh and 95mm iron/25mm carbon overall so seems worth it.


Fantastic


I think bigger gates vs smaller ones over same distance the bigger gates cost more overall. but that is for Ram to worry about ;p

Yes, I am the gatekeeper, or some such thing. I know because a fluffy marshmellow guy told me.

Just in case some have not found it yet.

http://gate.ascentextras.com/
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User avatar
User

Zemp

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman
Posts

14

Joined

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Zemp » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:13 am

Want to confirm before I settle that system. Per RAMs magic calculator:

50 ly gate mats combined both sides - WG/PC 324 iron 251,323,290 carbon 35,927,304

so double for 2 gates at 50 each would be WG/PC 648 iron 502,646,580 carbon 71,854,608
vs 75 ly gate mid point mats comb. - WG/PC 548 iron 425,746,780 carbon 60,861,584

so better by approximately ------------------------ 100 77mm 11mm

I will settle tomorrow if you can confirm and folks support the 1 gate solution.

Thanks all.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

690

Joined

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Wulf » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:24 am

Zemp wrote:Want to confirm before I settle that system. Per RAMs magic calculator:

50 ly gate mats combined both sides - WG/PC 324 iron 251,323,290 carbon 35,927,304

so double for 2 gates at 50 each would be WG/PC 648 iron 502,646,580 carbon 71,854,608
vs 75 ly gate mid point mats comb. - WG/PC 548 iron 425,746,780 carbon 60,861,584

so better by approximately ------------------------ 100 77mm 11mm

I will settle tomorrow if you can confirm and folks support the 1 gate solution.

Thanks all.



i think it's fine for the 75 yl gate
the cost of spanning 150 lys with 50yl gates is 324 times 3 (972 cap/wh) and with 2 75yl gates is 548*2 (or 1096 cap/wh)
User avatar
User

Zemp

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman
Posts

14

Joined

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Zemp » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:47 am

Gotcha, so you figured out I am not a math professor. Will set up shop.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

690

Joined

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Wulf » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:56 am

Zemp wrote:Gotcha, so you figured out I am not a math professor. Will set up shop.



Fantastic, if i need anything just shout out, also u can set up your stockmarket to buy stuff for colony like graphene if u are going big.
lots a graph. out there so just ask and u will get well likely a fair bit ;p
no avatar
User

heyphets

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant
Posts

51

Joined

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby heyphets » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:02 am

Asgard --> Barbados --> Aruba gates planned and approved.
Senator of Aruba
Senator of Barbados
no avatar
User

Seeker5

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Posts

112

Joined

Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Seeker5 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks heyphets .... Started feeding PC and WG to the Asgard end of the Barbados gate.

Let the Big Backbone Gates feeding begin :mrgreen:
User avatar
User

Zemp

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman
Posts

14

Joined

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Big Backbone Gate Project

Postby Zemp » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:45 am

Renamed Zemp system to Orion and gates are planned to both Aruba and Tarsonis. So Wulf and heyphets if you out there approve em and we can get this show on the road.

Thanks all.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | Style by KomiDesign | Modified by Chris Valleriani
cron