rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Galactic Charts

Postby rmartz » Mon May 25, 2015 11:48 pm

http://charts.AscentExtras.com

I would like to take this time to officially announce the site Cartographers Guild is developing to house the repository of Sector and System data we have been collecting for a while. Much of this data has been stored in spreadsheets and being converted over. Much more is being added with new survey tools.

This site will always be open to all. There is a Login section. This is just for the people who are actively surveying with the provided tools. We are just using the Miners-guild domain as a easy place to house and a quick easy domain to use.

In this site we are making all systems (3 sectors or closer) to Apollo available. Not all systems have been surveyed, but we are slowly working on expanding the database. We estimate there are close to 3000 systems and 30,000+ objects that will be part of the this database. If you have spreadsheets of surveyed systems, please contact me. I can reformat and upload them to the database directly.

Things documented on site already:

1. Asteroid Fields.
2. Specific System data including planetoid soil samples.
3. Sectors (Sector contents).

This is just the start. The site will continue to grow and we will work at better ways to display data as we go. Much is still under construction and databases are ever growing.

If you have ideas or problems, please let me know.

We also hope this helps to bring back so much of the data that was lost during the collapse. By making it open to all, it reduces the chance of it all being lost again in the future. The UNCA does not own this information, we, the citizens of the galaxy do. We will work to always make the data from these sectors close to Apollo available to all.
Last edited by rmartz on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

AntiSnak

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Re: Galactic Charts

Postby AntiSnak » Tue May 26, 2015 6:18 am

Nice !^^
Do you want to scan all planets, or are habitable planets in the database enough ?^^
My English is under all pig ;)..
So have consideration of my english skills ...
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 am

AntiSnak wrote:Nice !^^
Do you want to scan all planets, or are habitable planets in the database enough ?^^

We eventually want all planetoids within 3 sectors. I will be developing a Survey tool very soon for systems. I already have one for Asteroid fields.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 am

Great Job, now CWA can stop asking for our fields in chat and use all of these ones instead. :mrgreen:
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:11 am

Agamemnon wrote:Great Job, now CWA can stop asking for our fields in chat and use all of these ones instead. :mrgreen:

Until I lock out certain IPs. :twisted:

I do not deal with Prom stealers.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Waervyn

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 am

Finland/Denmark/Netherlands

Postby Waervyn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:59 am

rmartz wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Great Job, now CWA can stop asking for our fields in chat and use all of these ones instead. :mrgreen:

Until I lock out certain IPs. :twisted:

I do not deal with Prom stealers.

He was the one who took all those prom fields? Or am I misreading what you said.
Want to learn about ants? Visit my popular science blog Antyscience!
My Ascent: The Space game tutorial series. Send me a PM for suggestions!
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Are you going to be able to use the Dump txt file? I mean after Jam remembers to use better delimiters
Leprosi

Senator
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Leprosi wrote:Are you going to be able to use the Dump txt file? I mean after Jam remembers to use better delimiters

I will use it either way. One way will have me considering returning to using guttural slang, while the other way will have me singing praises to Jam as I work. It is up to Jam which way I go.

This could be my entry into the fall. Every time I would work with the dump file, I could become more dark. Bringing that attitude with me in my connections with others in real life and virtual. Instead of the always positive and never ranting self, I could turn to one who rants and responses to words like "elite" in forceful ways.

Or I could stay my pleasant self, ever more cheery and smiling. My whole life direction hinges on this one decision of Jam. I have no responsibility for my future. It is all sitting on Jam's shoulders.

Again, I will use the data. Please send me your files. I will convert them for the website and get them uploaded. I have not fallen to the dark side yet, so I will say thanks and, yet again, we have a way to all work together to pull together a tool that will be a benefit for all now and in the future. There are approximately 30,000 planets/moons we need surveys from. Lots to do. It has room to document Gas Giants too.

I will be starting on a System Search Tool today that will allow us to search the system tables for the criteria we want.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:11 pm

http://wiki.thespacegame.com/mediawiki/index.php/Ship_Computer

dump

Soil samples can be dumped into a file on your hard drive.

dump soilsamples

When executed, it will tell you the path to find the file and a file prefix of soilsampledump-######, where ###### is a big number.

File dump location could be in:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\LocalLow\Fluffy Kitten Studios\Ascent_ The Space Game\

I would like for those who have a soil sample dump to email it to me so I can continue to build up the database of systems.

PM me here or the MG forums with it attached, email it to robert at martz.us. Replace the " at " with @. Trying to avoid a few spambots.

Just tell me which systems you want left out of the database. Happy to do any filtering.

I considered making a script available to all to reformat it, but my format would be specific for the database and I am not sure about letting everyone upload after resorting the file. One bad field could damage the entire database. So I would like to sort, verify then upload them to the database.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Waervyn wrote:He was the one who took all those prom fields? Or am I misreading what you said.

LOL, it's just that RAM doesn't like me, and he apparently thinks I took the prom fields, even though I have better things to do than spend countless hours finding prom fields.
joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user, ~158th registered forum account.

Discoverer of Nexus

So far has made a total of: ~5 quitting threads and counting!
Next