davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: AscentExtras.com

Postby davh62 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Great pics Ram. Same as moon I'm not so active but I pop in forum every few days. Is there any new news with regard to the game or Jam's new game?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:52 pm

davh62 wrote:Great pics Ram. Same as moon I'm not so active but I pop in forum every few days. Is there any new news with regard to the game or Jam's new game?

He is looking for Alpha Testers. It takes a pretty strong machine, so it seems to leave me out. I stopped idling in the IRC channel since I am trimming my electric costs also. I have heard little in the past few weeks.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:09 pm

RAM wrote:
davh62 wrote:Great pics Ram. Same as moon I'm not so active but I pop in forum every few days. Is there any new news with regard to the game or Jam's new game?

He is looking for Alpha Testers. It takes a pretty strong machine, so it seems to leave me out. I stopped idling in the IRC channel since I am trimming my electric costs also. I have heard little in the past few weeks.

Okies thanks for the update RAM. Hope you & yours are well.
I would be very interested in the AT.
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:10 pm

davh62 wrote:Okies thanks for the update RAM. Hope you & yours are well.

Check with Jam on IRC. You may have to idle just a bit. My system will run it, but my video card is only a GTX 710. Jam thinks that would not work well. I just can't justify the $120 for a better card right now. He says a GTX 1050 is what is needed. My laptop died and I had to get another system. It was a challenge to cover the $300 for it. Just can not put more into it for a game right now. Well, I could but just can not justify it with other things needed.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:09 pm

RAM wrote:
davh62 wrote:Okies thanks for the update RAM. Hope you & yours are well.

Check with Jam on IRC. You may have to idle just a bit. My system will run it, but my video card is only a GTX 710. Jam thinks that would not work well. I just can't justify the $120 for a better card right now. He says a GTX 1050 is what is needed. My laptop died and I had to get another system. It was a challenge to cover the $300 for it. Just can not put more into it for a game right now. Well, I could but just can not justify it with other things needed.

You are a slayer of HD's and laptops! You use too much ram ;)
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:47 am

RAM wrote:He is looking for Alpha Testers. It takes a pretty strong machine, so it seems to leave me out. I stopped idling in the IRC channel since I am trimming my electric costs also. I have heard little in the past few weeks.

I run Ascent on my laptop; its has a GeForce 840M that can just about cope with Ascent's current graphics. Let's hope that any new version of Ascent does not need the graphics power the new game needs as I, too, could not justify an upgrade just for a game.

The problem is, as we have found out in the past with Ascent, games seem to be judged on their looks, not their gameplay; which is a damning comment on today's gamers who seem to prefer style over substance.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
RAM wrote:He is looking for Alpha Testers. It takes a pretty strong machine, so it seems to leave me out. I stopped idling in the IRC channel since I am trimming my electric costs also. I have heard little in the past few weeks.

I run Ascent on my laptop; its has a GeForce 840M that can just about cope with Ascent's current graphics. Let's hope that any new version of Ascent does not need the graphics power the new game needs as I, too, could not justify an upgrade just for a game.

The problem is, as we have found out in the past with Ascent, games seem to be judged on their looks, not their gameplay; which is a damning comment on today's gamers who seem to prefer style over substance.

I am playing Fallout 4 right now and my system does well. I have all the graphics set to low, but it works and looks good, so it can be done. Fallout is not using Unity, so we will have to see how it all works out.
Previous