Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Bastnaesite Asteroid

Postby Loke » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:16 pm

How you look when discovering a bast:
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
My AutohotKey tools: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4329
Mining yield calculator (google sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
User

Challenger007

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Postby Challenger007 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:01 pm

How soon as a beginner can I get to the asteroid? How long does it take to swing and save resources?
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Challenger007 wrote:How soon as a beginner can I get to the asteroid? How long does it take to swing and save resources?

They randomly spawn. A new player has as much chance as a old dude like me. Bast are rare spawns of a rare spawn, which makes them quite ... rare. :)
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:10 pm

Well, I was mining a Nio ure field and had cleared out all the nio big rocks. I was about to dump the field then look what I found!

It was hiding amonst the Ure. Makes it hard to see.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

luplay2

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri May 20, 2022 6:04 am

Postby luplay2 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:06 am

Good reference in your discussion
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:48 pm

Just did a little mining for the first time in almost a year and found a grown bast! How lucky is that?!! Its in a system with autonites that spawned january 2016 Edit: spawn date was 3rd may 2016, so hopefully the bast is that old too. If so it will yield 44k yttrium. Ill just live it though, no use for yttrium anymore, will come back for it in the future if we have use for yttrium again.

For almost 4 years I had a buy order for yttrium at 50 million per ton, now I dont even know what to do with it. I miss the times when it was useful and hard to get.
Last edited by Loke on Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mining yield calculator (google sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:59 am

that may be the oldest surviving Bast in the game, if the yield prediction is correct (and I do not doubt it) then mining the Bast to get the full Ytt yield is not possible at this time with current Cargo space and lack of a carbon filter, I suspect the carbon content is gonna be around 180k added to the 44k ytt and also 30K or so Cerium, you would need a ship with around 250k cargo space. the best I can manage right now is 238k cargo space in a Lev with Class 13 prom cap and class 13 ytt reactor and also the Grav Gen removed, there is rumour of a class 20 ship but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Material Filters is the way to go but that again is very unlikey
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:55 am

stagc2002 wrote:that may be the oldest surviving Bast in the game, if the yield prediction is correct (and I do not doubt it) then mining the Bast to get the full Ytt yield is not possible at this time with current Cargo space and lack of a carbon filter, I suspect the carbon content is gonna be around 180k added to the 44k ytt and also 30K or so Cerium, you would need a ship with around 250k cargo space.
Yeah, you are right, I forgot to look at needed cargo space. Best to leave it until we maybe get a bigger ship or carbon filter in 5 years from now.
It might be as old as the autonites next to it, no way to know before mining it. And when I finally do mine it, I will probably overheat it and it will all be for nothing :oops:

stagc2002 wrote:the best I can manage right now is 238k cargo space in a Lev with Class 13 prom cap and class 13 ytt reactor and also the Grav Gen removed, there is rumour of a class 20 ship but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Material Filters is the way to go but that again is very unlikey

Seems like I might need to take another look at my modules, "only" have 230k cargo space atm
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:56 am

sorry, I mislead you a little on cargo, it's only 235K as I still have to go with the 13 ytt reactor & cl 12 Prom Cap, with 13 & 13 it is 231.5 cargo, with 2 x 12's it is not possible to complete a warp, it comes up 380km short, think I may have to get a few more points in Warp Drive Engineering, ( currently @ 154) also need a few more in Reactor Engineering ( currently @ 221)
PreviousNext