User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame

Postby rmartz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:19 am

About a month ago, several players were very interested in developing some funds to further game play and development. Since I have been around so long and knew the challenges of the Kickstarter and how hard it was on Jam at the time, I was concerned about presenting the idea to do another kickstarter. I knew Jam said he would never do another again. I did some research and contacted Jam about my ideas. He got so tired of my pestering him, he finally kicked me to his accountant. At this time I also received information that the funding to keep Jam full time and even George on staff was pretty much gone. With the help of his accountant, we have gotten a GoFundMe (GFM) account set up so we can crowdfund for the game and game development. This allows us to set this up without risk of not making the goal and loosing whatever is donated. It also allows us to set up a goal without requiring rewards.

The GFM account is a player driven tool. It allows us to support and keep Jam on game development 100% if we can raise enough funds. It might even postpone the time that George will have to go to contract work instead of on staff. Take a look at the new Leviathan. Do we really want to loose this kind of talent?

So this is where it starts.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheSpaceGame

Takes you to the crowdfunding site. I will also keep everyone informed of how we are doing. I plan to make a starting donation based on something that has been on my mind for over 2 years. Please bear with me and follow me down memory lane for a bit.

My forum date for starting is "Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 am"

I had been in game for about 2 months before I signed up on the forum. I did not even keep chat open the first two weeks. I was a total recluse. I slowly started to engage, and Jam has regretted it ever since. I seem to never shut up now.

May 4, 2014 is when deeds for outer colonies and domes went on line. This is when I feel the game changed from $3 a month to a $5 a month game.

So I owe Jam 2 years and 4 months of an additional $2 a month. This is $56 dollars US. My first donation will be to finally pay my fair share.

This is just a start. I plan to give some just to help feed Louie. Cat needs to eat. I also will add some to support George's employment status.

I also plan to give a monthly amount. Right now this has to be done manually. Each month at a certain date, I will set up a calendar reminder for me to add my monthly contribution.

So why would I be willing to do all this? The hours and hours of fun and enjoyment I have had. Yet, with all that game fun, I have realized something. The game is not really much of a game without ... US! The players really make this game what it is. SO it is time for us players to really step up and show the galaxy that we are here to stay and we are serious about keeping this community together and sound. We are here for each other. Jam and George are part of us. We need them to make the game better, but they need us too. They need us to support them, not just financially, but also in encouragement. They also need out patience. Twice this year Jam has been overwhelmed with Unity issues. It has forced him to spend a month each trying to repair the issues, instead of bug fixes and game development.

After 2 years of watching and playing, I can tell you a couple of sure things. Jam moves this game forward as fast as one person possibly can. Jam also has a really strong work ethic and wants to make sure and give everyone their money's worth. Let's take this time to show him he has done that and more.

Well, off to make yet another contribution. Lets see how we can make this grow. I will also be sending out a mass email to all MG members new and old about this fund raiser. I know some who have played and are happy to help a little.

Lastly, I am not running this, but am very connected to it. Fluffy Kitten Studios has initiated the GFM and are the only ones who has access to it. All I can do is beg and plead. I can not nor will not have access to the funds, or site. The text on the site was copy and pasted from something I wrote. I gave them permission to use it. Other than that, I am just a player like the rest of you working hard to support and keep the game I love going strong.

Well, catch you all in chat and I will keep this thread updated as we progress.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Re: GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame

Postby rmartz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:32 am

A great start!!
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Added a link from the http://AscentExtras.com page to the GFM site.
Check out RAM Memories.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:39 pm

rmartz wrote:Image

A great start!!

very nice Ram, best of luck to the funding.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:48 am

Jut a quick update. we are up to $711 right now. Nice going!!

I have the mass email going out to all Miners Guild members today. We will see what the response is to my MG call.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:42 pm

rmartz wrote:Jut a quick update. we are up to $711 right now. Nice going!!

I have the mass email going out to all Miners Guild members today. We will see what the response is to my MG call.

$911 :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Doing well. Thanks to those who have contributed.

Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Still climbing!! Click the image above to go donate.

Now on to the next item.

Jam is interested in hearing what might be a good in game feature we would want, not for the money, but because he wants to be responsive to us as we are to his needs.

So, to keep this thread active and to work at what feature we might want, I figured we could just do it here and maybe even get more donations. Again, buying Stellar Credits, DLC ships, or donating to the gofundme all accomplishes the same goal presently.

I would like to start a discussion here of the features we would like to see addressed. I will post a few. Others can add to that list, I will try to keep a running list and will try to include the "votes" or agreements of that feature. This will help Jam see multiple voices interested in the same thing instead of one lone loud mouth, such as myself, barking for their own interest.

Here is a few items I have heard others, and myself, interested in.

1. Stock Market Search - improved so it does not list inactive/nonfunctioning Stock Markets.
2. Core Sampling Probes - This would mean we do not have to land and EVA to get soil samples.
3. Autopilot Filter for Abandoned colonies/OSB - add a filter so these will not be listed if unwanted.
4. One button full Zoom Out - Hit 3 to zoom out fully at once.
5. Recall Command for NPC Pilots - Be able to get the ship back or fire an NPC.
6. Radiation Ship Computer Command - Ok, I added this just as a reminder because it exists, but we don't know what it is. :lol:

Okay, that is a quick start. Feel free to add, but also post which one that is the most important to you, or the game in general.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Zemp

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am

Postby Zemp » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 pm

That's a great list. I have three connected adds for greater use of the vastness of space.

7a) Add a recall feature whose location can be set by the user. That way I could establish a remote colony and make it my home. I could farm out out there and recall to my base and not Ceres. Would really encourage exploration. Ceres could still be failsafe Ejump.

7b) Allow repairs at any station - so I could piggyback on others expansion into deeper space.

7c) Allow a recovery to Ceres (emergency jump) for ships in any hangar. Could make this an NPC tow service. This solves several problems - 1) accidental emergency jump with no ability to return (if I jump out with Lev but switch to Manta to build colony and brainfart) and 2) when u strip down ship for hauling and then return to I-9 hangar and cant leave without parts left behind.

Long winded but wanted context. These would capture more time/energy/cash from me, hopefully others.

8) Improve NPC pilot functionality - I have a few that cant get to work to save my life.

9) Water bonus - need I say more
Last edited by Zemp on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Guild SS :)
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
Next