cannibal

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 am

Re: GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame

Postby cannibal » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:56 pm

rmartz wrote:Image
Things has slowed a little, but continues to climb.

Please consider giving so we can help Jam progressing and feed Louie. Even $5 or $10 every once in a while helps. If all of us who whine, would donate $1 every time we whined, this would be completed immediately!!

Buying Hawks once a month, hopefully another Bow in Dec. Willl then donate on the page
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Postby Xanuri » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:53 pm

I added another $50 to this today so total should now be $1535.00
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:16 pm

In.

We are up to $1700. Very good!

I would like to take this time to share that we are setting a new short term goal of $3000. Here is why.

Jam wants to buy an ad block for $3000. He has no funds to do this. He has been going since this summer with no salary at all. If we can get the GFM up to $3000, this will get him close to what he needs to by this NEEDED ad block.

Here is the issue. The game needs publicity to draw new players. Jam is spending a lot of time working at promoting the game instead of coding new and improving existing features. If we want to see him be able to return to 100% development, we need to knock this $5000 out and consider even more.

The challenge is we are a small player base. So I think it would be best to set a short term goal of $3000. I would love to see us get this done by the end of December. Not sure if we can, but that will be a first goal.

Just remember, all this is going to promote the game. None is going into Jam's pocket to live. We will have to address that as a second goal.

I will also start working to find ways to promote the game outside of our little cluster too. If any of you are on forums or can post reviews, now would be a good time to take some time to do that. I am also very ignorant of what places are big at reviewing and discussing games. I am willing to go do that, but have little knowledge of where. So, if you know, but do not want to do it, please let me know and I will go post some comments and such as I can.

While the player base has always been great in Ascent and very supportive and giving, I have not been able to really understand how games like ED and Star Citizen can raise multi millions in Kickstarters, but give so little. James has always given us the features and hoped that the player base would be strong enough to support him. It has for close to 4 years. So let's work at making it happen for at least one more year. Let 2017 be the year we, not only support each other in game, but support the game outside of our normal walls.

Promote, promote, promote. If you can give financially, even $10 or $20, please do so. If you give, more, that is always great, but lets all of us find ways to get the word out a bit more. By doing so, this helps to address more than just this short term need. It builds for the future.

I have started an account on the RockPaperShotgun.com forum. They have a screenshot thread. You all know I love to post system screenshots. I will be posting all the shots I think is cool there. I will be happy to post links so whoever wants to jump in can also.

Lastly, please forgive my constant reminders about this in chat for the rest of the month. I will be a little annoying, but I want you all to know why. Any that decide to help promote this in chat and outside of Ascentdom, I thank you and it means a lot to Jam. He needs us now. Time for us to set aside our petty issues in game and work for the common good.

I will try to update every few days here.

Out.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:44 am

Things have been moving slow this month. Lots of demands around Christmas. Just want to remind all that this is a great way to give Jam a little present for Christmas.

Please donate if you can. If you have already, thanks for your help. Remember that all this is really just going to some advertising, Jam still is not drawing any salary right now. Anything you can do to help is much appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/thespacegame
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:19 pm

I plan to make some t shirts with images of game ships and such. I would like to ask for ideas for designs.

I will be forcing Jam to get my high resolution images for the ships, but need some cool captions and such.

These shirts will sell for about $20 with close to half that much going to the GFM. Hoodies will be available also for slightly more. International shipments are available also.

So get your thinking caps on and come up with some good ideas.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:56 pm

I think the picture you choose is going to be more important than any caption we could come up with that would fit on a T-Shirt or Hoodie. Probably just plain old "Ascent-The Space Game" is plenty.

For the picture, personally I think the Archon has the nicest lines. Set it against a backdrop of a really awesome looking Gas Giant and/or nebula.

Great idea...I'll buy at least a couple!
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:41 am

LadyHawk wrote:I think the picture you choose is going to be more important than any caption we could come up with that would fit on a T-Shirt or Hoodie. Probably just plain old "Ascent-The Space Game" is plenty.

For the picture, personally I think the Archon has the nicest lines. Set it against a backdrop of a really awesome looking Gas Giant and/or nebula.

Great idea...I'll buy at least a couple!

I plan to make multiple options. Maybe one per ship type.

Darkwhistle suggested a bumper sticker that says "My other vehicle is a class 14 Ophan"
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:10 am

The GFM has really slowed in December. I suspect a lot of extra money went to hoilday expenses. I know it did in my house.

Hoping we can get this moving again, even if slowly. Lets work at keeping this moving in a positive direction.

I received an email from Jam this morning. He is, again, assuring us that the game is sound and will continue.

My take is that development may slow, but he is still totally committed to building his dream. I was encouraged by his words today.

If you have not filled out the poll about how you found Ascent, please do. The numbers were totally surprising to Jam and myself. This is helping. The more info we can get, the more it helps.

We are almost half way there!!

Please click the image to donate.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:05 am

I am seeking screenshots of ships that are at least 2000 pixels wide. Up to 3000.

I plan to edit out the background and make tee shirts from the ships.

If you have some, PM me and I will give you an address to email them to. Thanks.

Once I gather a few, I will post smaller images and we can choose which ones we like the best. I will then transfer them to a tee shirt design that can be purchased and all the proceeds will go to the GFM.
Last edited by rmartz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:02 am

I just wanted to mock up something to start. I want to put this, or similar logo under the ship images. I really would like some images up to 3000 pixels width. Anything under 2000 would be a little grainy.

Check out RAM Memories.
PreviousNext