Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: : A leg up index

Postby Moneyman » Wed May 10, 2017 2:52 pm

:mrgreen: RabeKneo asked players not to post discussions to his Gate List thread. :)

:arrow: Gate updates only to: Gate List link http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3406

:idea: Discuss in: Gate Network Expansion and Connection linkhttp://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3087
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 am

:mrgreen: Thanks RAM for the pics of your baby boy ... Tell him that he is more handsome ... naw better if you don't :lol:

:arrow: As for the commander of the hordes of NPC raiders ... a pieces of advice: Grow up.

:idea: Sorry, once you've realized that I'm your friend there is no going back ... nothing you can do or say can change it.

:arrow: I've got your back whether you think I do or not ... At some point it'll dawn on you ... I don't stop being a friend.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 am

:mrgreen: The human brain only understands and interprets images … That is all text is: tiny images.

Same whether you are: Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, Neandertal or modern human.

Homo Habilis sees a person in a car and runs away quickly: Beast with human in mouth.

A Neandertal might think that my HTML post is too touchee-feelee and exclamatory.

That is, too excessive use of emotive icons and excessive coloring of HTML text.

Actually, my HTML post style is a derivative of bullet style expression.

Homo Erectus experts on proper methods of HTML expression are self absorbed writers.

The icons summarize: 'idea follows' or 'action is described' or 'a question is posed', etc.

In other words, I use icons as bullets that lead the nugget of thought that follows.

My use of HTML color is not exclamatory but simply giving context to the text.

I use blue to indicate that the text refers to an existing object or idea or expression.

I use green to indicate that the text refers to something provisional or transitional.

Homo Habilis is afraid of many things but I can't do anything about that.

Some have 20 years of evolving life experience and others 20 repetitions of the same year.

I'm keeping: :idea: , :arrow: and :?: but I'll reduce use of the others in lieu of unavailable sunglasses.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed May 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Moneyman wrote:The human brain only understands and interprets images … That is all text is: tiny images.

Finally. Someone else who sees what I see. I do not thinking words so much. I more think in images and concepts. I often fight to put words to them. Some words are locked into my brain, while some are fleeting. Names are harder to recall. Numbers dance and sing, which makes them really easy to remember.

I often doubt my lineage to the Homo family. Not sure that is a bad thing. I look back over the eons and see the destruction and infighting. While Homo has done some great things, it has only been done by few choice individuals and others fighting to steal what they bring.

We are wired for community and compassion, yet life teaches us harshness and hostility because of a fear for survival. I really see the ying and yang the Japanese talk about. I do not see the need for balance. I see the struggle in us as we should be ying, but learn yang because of life's experiences.

Fear not my friend, and I do consider you a friend. Your colors and icons, although I often did not understand their purpose, along with some of your text, I valued your creativity and ability to do and phrase what I could not.

I also have lived a life that others found hard to tolerate or understand. Such is the burden of those who "color" outside the lines.

If I ever get bothered or irritated by your actions, I will do what I try to do with others. I will come to you directly, one on one, and let you know.

But I do have a high tolerance of annoyance. My generators have taught me that, but mostly looking back at my mother and the tolerance required by her to deal with me as a child. How can I not extend the same tolerance and understanding that was given to me by the rare few I have encountered? I choose to not react like most did to me. Doing so would be me validating their actions and, by defacto, showing they were right to shun me and cast me aside.

There are two tracks in life one must choose from.

Live what you learn.

Learn from what you live.

The first is when one parrots what they have experienced and do likewise.

The second is when we grow and rise from our experiences.

Rise, my friend. Rise.

And lastly, what would they do without you and me to ramble on here. :lol:
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Well said, Ram :)

MM, I confess I have had trouble understanding what you mean at times, as well...but you are still my friend and welcome in this community...always!!
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed May 17, 2017 5:35 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Well said, Ram :)

MM, I confess I have had trouble understanding what you mean at times, as well...but you are still my friend and welcome in this community...always!!

:mrgreen: Lot of times you are my rock. :)
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Fri May 19, 2017 12:00 pm

:mrgreen: Time to discuss social mores, paradigm and paradigm shifts ... My bullets are here ... just invisible.

Social mores are the cultural rules for presentation, interpretation and action for a group of human beings ... many versions.

Paradigm are the collection of rules that human beings use to construct their particular version of social mores.

A paradigm shift is when one or more rules for constructing social mores is changed by a shift in perspective.

Every human generation devises their version of social mores ... changing the rules ... doing a paradigm shift.

Social mores are the cultural rules for presentation, interpretation and action for a group of human beings.

Doing a story without regard to the ease of readability of the text structure is a cultural rule of presentation.

The paradigm interpretation of this cultural rule of presentation is the writer's needs exceed the reader's needs.

I disagree with this social more but our group of human beings are apparently not ready for a paradigm shift.

In truth, some of us live in past paradigms and most in the current paradigm but some want a paradigm shift.

Look back to how recent generations of human beings have lived and you realize that (accursed) change is inevitable.

Obviously, most of you are not ready so I'll provide a Legend link to my postings so they are less threatening.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat May 20, 2017 11:29 am

:mrgreen: Legend, Bullet style expression is about the reader deciding quickly what to do about the content

The reader decides: 'Yeah, right' or 'Ok, I get it' or 'Tell me more' ... its about content retention and reader influence.

Being a NEXT! sort of guy, my most frequent response is 'Yeah, right' and least frequent response is 'Tell me more'.

Overview What are the Bullet style expression pieces?

The reader is encouraged to skim my content ... look at the most prominent content and decide time commitment.

:mrgreen: , :?: , :idea: , :arrow: are the most common bullets which lead a text nugget describing my thinking.

Context colors most often used are blue, green, red and yellow. They denote a perspective or interpretation.

Dissecting another player's posted content only requires quotes.

Bullets Are the most prominent content ... Collectively, describe the post's structure.

:mrgreen: Segment. The text nugget that follows applies to all content before the next :mrgreen: .

:?: Question. Asking the reader to consider a given issue from a particular perspective.

:idea: Idea. Using standard meaning or qualifying to encapsulate a given thought.

:arrow: Action. Either I am committing to an action or I'm suggesting the reader do something.

:idea: + :arrow: A particular thought or event usually leads to a particular course of action.

:?: + :idea: Raise a given issue and suggest giving it a particular perspective.

:?: + :arrow: Propose the problem or issue and suggest a particular course of action.

Context color The text encapsulated in color is important and requires context.

Generally, my purpose in using color is the prominence is important for the reader's understanding.

Blue means that whatever is in blue already exists in conceptual (common understanding) or physical terms.

Green implies motion or is 'yet to be' (provisional) or has some transitional aspect.

Red means better if it doesn't exist so I'll do JAM rather than JAM for James Hicks.

Yellow means something extra special or a sub-section of content follows.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:51 pm

:mrgreen: bump for Moneyman contribution link.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm

:mrgreen: Bump for quin
PreviousNext