User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Voting influence

Postby Hubes » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:16 pm

I have noticed that voting influence is directly related to morale this time around. I have tried to bring it to Jam's attention to confirm if it is working as intended, or if it is a glitch. If it is intended then the following applies:

The influence of your vote is the morale percentage applied to the actual colonist count. If you have a morale of 46% at an OSB for example, then 46% of your colonist count is your influence. If you have 0% morale then you have no influence in the vote.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Voting influence

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:41 pm

I believe that your conclusions are correct, Hubes. since the majority of my colonists live and work in Orbital Facilities, it puts them at a severe disadvantage through no other reason than the game mechanics currently prevent their morale from getting higher than 42% in my case. I think that the linking of morale to voting numbers should have taken into consideration the maximum percentage that a coloy could achieve and not be a straight relationship between morale percentage and how many colonists apply their vote.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:26 pm

:mrgreen: Somebody fix the Wiki information on elections - currently there is negliable information.

--- I have 4 colonies but I haven't voted because I didn't know about the 3rd to 5th of the month restriction.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Jam stated a few months back that morale would now affect voting influence. There might be one exception that needs to be addressed and that is making it a minimum vote of 1 instead of o if you have no colonists or 0 morale. The one vote should be the citizen vote. This would allow them to vote in a system that was just developed and were not able to get colonists or an EC built.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mizz

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Postby Mizz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:48 pm

This seem to be correct
:mrgreen:
My OSBs with 0 moral has no votes :evil: and is populated with drones errrr Colonists...

:D :D :D
Governor of Borg Prime 002
Governor of Borg Prime 003

Senator of Borg Prime 001
Senator of Borg Subspace Conduit 002, 003, 004, 005, 006
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Mizz wrote:This seem to be correct
:mrgreen:
My OSBs with 0 moral has no votes :evil: and is populated with drones errrr Colonists...

:D :D :D

:mrgreen: Which X of five are you - can't be 2 - that's already taken. :)