User

GullyJimson

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: Mining Beam Efficiency

Postby GullyJimson » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Yes, most likely I misunderstood what he was telling me.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Mining Beam Efficiency

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:12 am

Seems the formula is correct. There is a little variance because the rocks in a field are often a few minutes or so different age, since they start aging when spawned when we visit the field.

The percentages of the yield to Colombite is slightly wrong on the wiki.

It shows 5.9% niobium and iron and 88.2% silicon. The actual numbers are 88% silicon and 6% iron and niobium. This gives 4 tons of nio per rock as base that we see, but the server is calculating and carrying over the left over decimals. When multiplied against the mining skill bonus, this .08 can add up to a lot over months.

I am also seeing that the class of the mining beam is basically adding a day to the age per level of the beam. Since I yield 7 per rock as a modified base, from class 1 to class 14, I add 91 nio, or 7 * 13 since I get a 0 bonus for a class 1. Class 14 is 13 steps up from a class 1.

I will correct the percents on the wiki for nio. I am not going to take the time to verify the other percents. If someone else does it and finds them off, let me know and I will adjust them.

This concludes the text of the emergency mining system. This was only a test. In the case of a real emergency, you would have been directed to someone of competence. Okay, it was not an emergency test, but it was fun saying it that way. 8-)

Feel free to comment or ask question. The image of the spreadsheet is not real clear, but I am too lazy to fancy it up. Plus, if I make it to where you have to ask questions, I get to hear myself talk more. Well, read myself talking, or something like that. 8-)
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Previous