Kheben

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

Hauling dead?

Postby Kheben » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi everyone,

i am not totally sure if i am correct, but it seems in the last one or two weeks most of the supplies around the inner 9 were cleared.
Not sure if that is because of some npc fleet of 50 leviathans or someone just buying things and ejecting them.
I have finally made it from my mammoth to a big enough ship for hauling only to find there is nothing to haul anymore. Starbases dont have anything, and flying to a colony with an ophan is silly time wasting considering the turn rates.
Mining also does not work quite good for me, because the ophan turns like a brick.
And the interface for building up a colony is also disgusting to me.
I was addicted, but right now i am about to quit because the way to do things i would like to do is so complicated and awkward.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Hauling dead?

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:59 am

Take a look in New Dawn. I have 2 OSB there with haulable cargo. Bet you can't guess what their names start with. ;)

I have to leave something for you to figure out.

Also give your self some time to learn the game. It is quite deep. It is easy once you do it once or twice. This is not a game to be completed quickly.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Kheben wrote:Hi everyone,

i am not totally sure if i am correct, but it seems in the last one or two weeks most of the supplies around the inner 9 were cleared.
Not sure if that is because of some npc fleet of 50 leviathans or someone just buying things and ejecting them.
I have finally made it from my mammoth to a big enough ship for hauling only to find there is nothing to haul anymore. Starbases dont have anything, and flying to a colony with an ophan is silly time wasting considering the turn rates.
Mining also does not work quite good for me, because the ophan turns like a brick.
And the interface for building up a colony is also disgusting to me.
I was addicted, but right now i am about to quit because the way to do things i would like to do is so complicated and awkward.

:mrgreen: Hauling is not dead - a little player-to-player co-operation can make things easier for you.

:!: Mining is impossible for me so I created the MP Dubuque thread to get some help .. still waiting for help.

:idea: My Black Hell-Serendipty settlement generates a lot of carbon daily - I'd like to trade carbon for exotics.

--- I have 5 million tonnes of carbon ready to be traded for exotics - Sound like an opportunity to you?

:arrow: The MP Dubuque thread has a link in my A leg up index thread - TAKE A LOOK. :)
User

Kheben

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

Postby Kheben » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:35 pm

seems i looked not everything up and had to get used to setting min quantities to find some stuff ;)

As i am not liking mining in that ophan, i would have to do that in my mammoth, which gives about 2k niob in 1 to 2 hours in the public field... guess that does not helpmuch
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Kheben wrote:seems i looked not everything up and had to get used to setting min quantities to find some stuff ;)

As i am not liking mining in that ophan, i would have to do that in my mammoth, which gives about 2k niob in 1 to 2 hours in the public field... guess that does not helpmuch

:mrgreen: If its any consolation, I can mine for a couple of hours with higher class beams & scoops and come up with nothing.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Kheben wrote:seems i looked not everything up and had to get used to setting min quantities to find some stuff ;)

The bigger the ship the more inertia you have to overcome to get it to move. This makes the really big ships unsuitable for mining asteroids. Before I got a Bowhead, which is now my preferred mining ship, I used to get good results in a Giardian with a Class 10 Mining Beam.

On Mining Beams: the higher Class beams are not really worth the amount of cargo space you lose versus the additional yield they give, especially is you are, like myself, mainly trying to harvest Tin and Niobium. For these minerals, each additional class will provide only 4 extra units to the Base Yield, but doubles the amount of cargo space taken up by the Beam.

The best way to mine is to do a little exploring of your own first to find some suitable fields and then farm them rather than use the public fields; which everyone uses so the asteroids never have a chance to grow very big.
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Postby Spectre » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:50 am

I see this as the same effect that was needed during the ore shortage a while back. Use the sm alot and find alternatives to trade in the mean time. Things will level out after a time I am sure. Profits may not be so big, but they will return when supply overcomes demand by a large enough margin I suspect.
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:56 am

Spectre wrote:I see this as the same effect that was needed during the ore shortage a while back. Use the sm alot and find alternatives to trade in the mean time. Things will level out after a time I am sure. Profits may not be so big, but they will return when supply overcomes demand by a large enough margin I suspect.

:mrgreen: I don't agree - prices of exotics approaching 200 times the price of carbon is hyper-inflation.

:idea: I know you don't want hear it BUT only something drastic like NPC mining are going to balance things out.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Moneyman wrote: :mrgreen: I don't agree - prices of exotics approaching 200 times the price of carbon is hyper-inflation.
The price of exotics is determined by supply and demand. The price of carbon is determined arbitrarily for the Local Market. The two markets are not the same and cannot be compared. One reason that players can pay almost 200 times the price of a unit of carbon for a unit of Tin/Nio/Prom is that they have made the cash by hauling millions of tons of carbon to the very lucrative Local Markets.

:idea: I know you don't want hear it BUT only something drastic like NPC mining are going to balance things out.
There are two things, at least, that I am sure are never going to happen:
  1. NPC Mining
  2. NPC Trading with NPC Statons and Player ISBs
The reason is quite obvious: If NPCs can mine and trade with any station, what do the Players do all the time apart from sit back and watch.
This is a game that demands Player involvement. As a Player you have to do things, not just set things up so that they run automatically. I am now beginning to understand why NPC Pilots do not seem to work for very long and cannot be relied upon. Jam wants the Player to be in control and oversee what s/he has built up and not just set things in motion and assume that it will work for all time.

I think that Jam has already broken his own rule by allowing us to purchase extra SC above the 300 per month we get with our Premium. This has allowed players to have a lot of colonies and become self-sufficient. This means that they can use their NPC fleet to support their colonies, assuming they are in gated systems and do not need players to haul for them. So, a move that helped finance the development has had the effect of reducing player involvement in the game. The 300 SC per month limit meant that you had to choose where to build your colonies/OSBs very carefully, now you can build them almost without thinking because if you have buit it in the wrong place you just build another one elsewhere. I do not think Jam will make that mistake again.

In addition, the failure of the Stock Market search to remove any non-viable transactions must cause a lot of frustration among those players trying to trade between player Stock Markets. When/if this is fixed, we should, hopefully see an increase in player to player trading.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Hualing from my BSFA Cube in Prime is alway possible. If I am out of carbon give it an hour or so and my NPC fleet will fill it up. You can always haul to me from any BSFA colony or OSB or just sell me what you find out there. I buy everything and sell almost everything.

All for a good price.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
Next