Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Hauling dead?

Postby Moneyman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:37 pm

BoshingTong wrote:Hualing from my BSFA Cube in Prime is alway possible. If I am out of carbon give it an hour or so and my NPC fleet will fill it up. You can always haul to me from any BSFA colony or OSB or just sell me what you find out there. I buy everything and sell almost everything.

All for a good price.

:mrgreen: Thanks for the offer.

:idea: A lot of my recent postings are about excising months of anger and frustration because I think the game is unfair.

:arrow: There is only one real solution ... minimize the time I spend in-game and enjoy forum postings.

:!: The recent Alexa exchanges show a nasty political side to this game - RAM's the only positive side.
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Postby Spectre » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:49 pm

As I expected, many colonies and OSB are dropping prices atm on carbon and such. The rate is about what it was 8 months ago in many player bases right now, even if in small supply in some areas. Hauling is alive and well. It may take more work to find the right source from day to day tho. This is acceptable to me. I prefer not being totally spoon-fed.

The price of exotics is a separate issue. It is driven by player use alone, while mats and inner trade is regulated to a certain level by the game. I understand nio tin prices are high atm but it is bc there are less suppliers and more TF and gate builders demand. It will continue to fluctuate until many current projects are completed (or until most mine for personal use on these projects).

Limited mining is my only course of late to proceed with my projects with players posting nio tin at 250k and above. 2.5b for 10k of one ore is ridiculous expectation by some players.
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 pm

hi all...o/

One of the things I have seen mentioned here that bears re-iteration...if you don't see materials on the stock market in one system expand your search are to include other systems...I happen to know that there is plenty of carbon to haul for profit. Some of it has been pulled off the market so you may need to look around...but it's there.

Also titanium is almost as profitable as carbon at the SS's. I even take a day once in a while and haul food for profit, which is considered to be the least profitable material. Expand your vision a bit and you will see lots of profit to be had out there.

Moneyman...I will say the same thing as I said to you yesterday...some things you just have to push thru if you ever want to learn them...this game is not nearly as unfair as you perceive it to be...you haven't given the learning curve a fair chance. Work harder to learn and mine asteroids...work for longer periods of time...remove your pre-existing bias and succeed at the things you attempt to learn before moving on to something else. If you can do that you will be amazed at the different horizon that you see when only One obstacle has been overcome. This can be a game filled with wonder and amazement for a long long time if we will just try and see the glory in it.

Fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:03 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote:One of the things I have seen mentioned here that bears re-iteration...if you don't see materials on the stock market in one system expand your search are to include other systems...
Fleas

For those that have not seen it, there is a Range (Sectors) textbox on the Search Parameters Screen for Stock Market Search. It defaults to 1. This means you only get results from the system you are in and adjacent ones. If you cannot find the material you need, try increasing this number to 10 or even 100 to increase the number of systems searched.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:43 am

gotpurplefleas wrote:hi all...o/

One of the things I have seen mentioned here that bears re-iteration...if you don't see materials on the stock market in one system expand your search are to include other systems...I happen to know that there is plenty of carbon to haul for profit. Some of it has been pulled off the market so you may need to look around...but it's there.

Also titanium is almost as profitable as carbon at the SS's. I even take a day once in a while and haul food for profit, which is considered to be the least profitable material. Expand your vision a bit and you will see lots of profit to be had out there.

Moneyman...I will say the same thing as I said to you yesterday...some things you just have to push thru if you ever want to learn them...this game is not nearly as unfair as you perceive it to be...you haven't given the learning curve a fair chance. Work harder to learn and mine asteroids...work for longer periods of time...remove your pre-existing bias and succeed at the things you attempt to learn before moving on to something else. If you can do that you will be amazed at the different horizon that you see when only One obstacle has been overcome. This can be a game filled with wonder and amazement for a long long time if we will just try and see the glory in it.

Fleas

:mrgreen: I don't agree. How much game HELL do you expect me to put up with?

:arrow: I might as well say nothing about Mining since the common consensus is I don't know what I'm talking about. :roll:

:!: Look around your local neighborhood: NOTICE people have different ages and there is a wide variance in ability to do the same thing.

--- But, of course, I don't know what I'm talking about AND everything I've written here is of no consequence.

:idea: In the world of BLACK and WHITE, anyone who can see other shades of color is suspect.

--- You don't notice what I'm talking about because the game population is tiny - There is not enough players to verify skill variance.

:!: I've said before and I'll say it again: There is a bias in this game and denying that it exists doesn't change the fact. :shock:
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:51 am

Mooncrest wrote:
gotpurplefleas wrote:One of the things I have seen mentioned here that bears re-iteration...if you don't see materials on the stock market in one system expand your search are to include other systems...
Fleas

For those that have not seen it, there is a Range (Sectors) textbox on the Search Parameters Screen for Stock Market Search. It defaults to 1. This means you only get results from the system you are in and adjacent ones. If you cannot find the material you need, try increasing this number to 10 or even 100 to increase the number of systems searched.

:mrgreen: Good points, Moon.

:idea: A useful piece of game information NOT AVAILABLE: How much and what routes NPC traffic goes in the game.

--- This is a key Trading skill not mentioned in any posting I've ever reviewed.
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Postby Spectre » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:31 am

This feature is part of the sm search window. In fact it is an option to expand the extent of your searches. Does it need a write up on wilki for u to notice it EXISTS at all, or just a few questions to others to get your required answer? It is the same as number of items produced at shipyard or such to me.

We are happy to answer to your needs without caps on how u didn't notice a given feature. I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but I could not resist.

Take the advice of Fleas and Moon and work harder for what you want.
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Spectre wrote:This feature is part of the sm search window. In fact it is an option to expand the extent of your searches. Does it need a write up on wilki for u to notice it EXISTS at all, or just a few questions to others to get your required answer? It is the same as number of items produced at shipyard or such to me.

We are happy to answer to your needs without caps on how u didn't notice a given feature. I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but I could not resist.

Take the advice of Fleas and Moon and work harder for what you want.

:mrgreen: I was right: You do have interesting things to say.

--- I remember, it seems like ages ago, having similar insular opinions. Then again, perhaps not.

------ About my using capitalization ... I'm surprised you are not complaining about my excessive use of colored font also.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Moneyman wrote: :idea: A useful piece of game information NOT AVAILABLE: How much and what routes NPC traffic goes in the game.
--- This is a key Trading skill not mentioned in any posting I've ever reviewed.

There is no NPC Trading Traffic that is not controlled by Players. That is why there is no information about the NPC ships you see in-game. Each Player can decide for themselves how many NPC Trading Pilots they want and on what routes they want them to trade. The rule is that NPC ships can only trade between Player Stock Markets: they cannot trade with NPC Stations nor can they trade with any starbase in Apollo Deep Space. Once given the route to trade, the NPC Pilot decides what items are traded based upon the relative prices at the Starbases on the route.This does not guarantee that the NPC Pilots will behave themselves and ply those routes.

I believe that the main drawback to proper Player to Player trading is the fact that non-viable buy offers are still appearing in the Stock Market search results. This is very frustrating and causes the loss of a lot of time flying to destinations and not being able to sell what you have aboard. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I believe that the main drawback to proper Player to Player trading is the fact that non-viable buy offers are still appearing in the Stock Market search results. This is very frustrating and causes the loss of a lot of time flying to destinations and not being able to sell what you have aboard. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

And we are working to get that fixed. Join in and help.

gofundme.com/TheSpaceGame thread
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Previous