Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Multiplayer Interaction

Postby Moneyman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Veladre wrote:honestly i could deal with the lack of grouping mechanics but not being able to interact in the same space with other players was really quite frustrating. I know the issue of pvp zones was mentioned but i have to wonder how that would even be possible until some major changes to the networking take place. I was really just wondering if those changes were in the pipeline to a stable interaction with other players. I know it has also been mentioned about being able to go up and perform direct trades with other players ships as well so that would play into it as well.

:mrgreen: Sounds like you are seeking the in-game conversation and visuals you get with Battlestar Galactica Online. :?:

:idea: Ascent is more of a business developer type of game rather survival-of-the-fittest mindset.

:arrow: Sorry, no Starbuck and Apollo conversations in this game.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Multiplayer Interaction

Postby Moneyman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Dirk wrote:Bit of a loner myself, but if I was in a group/corporation it would be nice to be able to have a corporation OSB, where resources could be pooled and all the group/corp members could dock. That might improve interactivity, don't you think?

Dirk

:mrgreen: Please remember this an indie game without the bells-and-whistles of the heavily populated online games.

:idea: Corporation is a legal thing .. co-operation between players is far more flexible and far more comprehensive.

:arrow: With private channels and Trade and Mining guilds you can corporate to your hearts content. Imagine. :D

:?: Never played pirate with neighbor kids with sticks? Star Wars glowing tubes are hardly much better.
Previous