User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

CTRL Key Tool

Postby RAM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:00 pm

I made this program (AHK compiled script) for the MG. I am opening it up to any player who wants to use it.

It is a CTRL Key tool that allows you to hit F1 to eject whichever ctrl keys you have checked. You can also hit the CTRL-# button on the interface to eject just the one item.

You can hide the interface and run it in the background, or have it displayed on your desktop.

Here is what the interface looks like.

First, you need to program in your CTRL keys.

http://wiki.thespacegame.com/mediawiki/index.php/Ship_Computer#Alias

Linking to ctrl 1 through ctrl 0
alias add ctrl#
example- alias add ctrl1 ch eject 999999 silicon - will make it so any time you press ctrl-1 ( both keys) you will eject all silicon up to 999999. Once the alias is set, you can close the Ship Computer (crtl -c) and still eject.
Numbers are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 0.

The blank fields to the right of the CTRL-# button are so you can enter in text to remind you what the key is programmed for. You can enter whatever your leave blank. This is just a reminder for some of us who can not remember exactly what they are progammed for. If you are not sure, you can always call them up in the ship computer. It lists them there.

Typing 'alias list' into Ship Computer will list the aliases you have programmed.

Once you have your ctrl keys programmed, download the small program. Some virus scanners warn you about unknown sources. I assure you there is nothing hidden in it that will be harmful in any way. If you are unsure, or run AutoHotKey already and want the script, I am happy to PM it to whoever is interested (minus the extra feature for busting junk asteroids).

Go to:
http://ascentextras.com/downloads/

And click on the CTRLKeys.exe file. It will download. Click the file in your downloads folder and it will run. The default location of the interface is upper right.

• Enter in the names like Silicon, Iron, or whatever you programmed them to eject. Check the fields right after the text field where you entered the command.
  • Click Save to save all the data AND location of the interface.
  • If you want it somewhere else besides upper right. drag it there and click Save. It will remember that location and current settings.
  • Clicking the red X int he upper right corner of the interface will exit the program. You will need to restart it for F1 to run your CTRL keys.
  • The "Hide" button will allow it to run in the background and the F1 key will still run anything you have checked in the interface.
  • Once hidden, you can bring the Interface back up by hitting CTRL-F1.
  • You can click the "Run" button on the interface or hit F1 at any time to execute the script to run whichever control keys you have programmed.

What this does is during mining, it gives you a one button eject for all you want to get rid of. You can also adjust it on the fly. I often uncheck items I want to keep. I do not save it, so next time I run it, it goes back to my default set.

Here is my default settings.

I can also, with the click of one button, eject garbage or even run a Core Sample, since I have that programmed in for CTRL-0. No need to check anything, just click the button for whichever CTRL key you want run and it will run that single key immediately. Again, it will only execute the alias you have already programmed into your ship computer.

Hope you enjoy. Another fine product brought to you by the rAMISH. While using it has no strings whatsoever, I hope you consider me for president as general elections become open in the next month or two. I serve the community, and always have, while some others often seem to serve themselves. Those Carbon Baron 1%ers are ev... :lol:
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Kheben

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

Re: CTRL Key Tool

Postby Kheben » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:02 am

really a great tool, especially for mining those tin asteroids.

RAM for president!
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Thu May 04, 2017 2:48 am

Bumping this for any new players interested.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Stag was having trouble with font size. I made yet another update to see if that works. V3 is the new one.