Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: Food relationship to atmosphere & possibly silicon

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:02 pm

darkwhistle wrote:I wonder if it is possible that for the sample map display, a color code for food concentration for a particular plot couldn't be displayed in a small circle (or triangle, or border outline) inside the main square plot, and the main squares color-filtered to be only minerals? That might be easier than coding in new agricultural probes...

It is possible to filter for a single mineral or foodstuff on the samplemap overlay command. In this way you can find exactly where on the ground the highest yeld plots are as they are the brightest plots.

I have aliased the following:
Alias add plot show mb.samplemapoverlay on

So that I can type 'plot iron' and the map shows only iron yield. Similarly, I could typw 'plot fruit' to show only fruit yield.

If I remember correctly you have to include a space after 'on; in the above alias command to get it to work properly.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Food relationship to atmosphere & possibly silicon

Postby RAM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:21 pm

darkwhistle wrote:the best Ag world I ever found had no Atm, no ocean, and a sil rating of 50

Someone a while back stated they thought high silicon was needed for fertility. After searching the surveyed systems on http://charts.AscentExtras.com I could not find any correlation.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
Previous