Complain about the nerfs here
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: "Why aren't my npc's working"-Answered.

Postby davh62 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Novicius wrote:
Novicius wrote:
Is it ABCABC loop or is it ABCBABCBA loop ?

ie. will it go from NOVA CITY to NOVA OSB then to SPIRE and then comeback to NOVA CITY?
or it will come back to NOVA OSB and then to NOVA CITY?

As I understand it the command finishes at spire then resets. So spire back to Nova city
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:17 pm

:mrgreen: Pretty amusing. Tell me, is it better to scratch one's head or is it better to whine? Much practice with the latter. :D
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Postby Spectre » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Great thread. I usually just do single routes, but would be nice to learn how to get them to go to several before resetting to original path. ( such as col to osb ships and osb to other osb a dif ship setup or size)

Keep it up guys - I could learn alot about my routing of my ships!

Spectre
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:04 pm

davh62 wrote:
Novicius wrote:
Novicius wrote:
Is it ABCABC loop or is it ABCBABCBA loop ?

ie. will it go from NOVA CITY to NOVA OSB then to SPIRE and then comeback to NOVA CITY?
or it will come back to NOVA OSB and then to NOVA CITY?

As I understand it the command finishes at spire then resets. So spire back to Nova city

Having said that this should work- "trade between NOVA CITY and NOVA OSB and SPIRE and NOVA OSB AND NOVA CITY"
Thus running a circuit
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

PolMordreth

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Postby PolMordreth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:36 am

davh62 wrote:
PolMordreth wrote:
RAM wrote:Does any of the SM you are trying to trade with have "and" or "space" anywhere in the name?

These cause the NPC pilot to not be able to trade and go places unknown.

Ruh Roh... when I left, spaces weren't a known problem. Do you recommend I remove spaces from colony and osb names? are underscores or other characters acceptable?

thanks a lot,
Pol

Edit: when giving orders to places with spaces, I use the underscore instead of space, but I get a "right' from the NPC followed by a repeat back of the order.

Hi Pol welcome back! If he has repeated the order back to you, you should be good.

Thanks davh, good to be back...
Pol Mordreth
Senator, Systems of Gwynedd and Torenth
Governor of Haldane in Gwynedd
Governor of Beldouria in Torenth
Mayor of Tor Meara in Raxia.
CEO, Corwyn Yards
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:20 pm

***Updated***
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Tue May 30, 2017 1:31 am

:mrgreen: The first post (like a first chapter) of my future thread on NPCs will have a link to the lead post of this thread.

My future thread will have many initial posts because I have a lot to say about NPCs and site production.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:59 pm

bumped for LH.
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:11 am

Thank you for all these suggestions. It turns out, the problem I was having is something else...

I tried for a couple of weeks to get NPC's to pick up iron from my colony. Pickups were going well at the attached OSB there but nobody could get one of their NPC's to pick up at the colony and several did try for me.
I tried a lot of fixes but here's what finally worked....

The stock market I had on the planet was not located right at the warp in point...its coords were closer to 90, 78....not far, but apparently too far for the NPC's to find. The game won't let you build a 2nd stock market but it did let me tear down the one I had and rebuild it...this time at coords closer to 10, 10...and the NPC's are picking up from there, no problem. Wooohoooo \o/

Also, just a hunch here, but I think if more than 1 or two NPC's arrive at the same time they bump each other out and none of them picks up a load of cargo. I have had no problems with 2 NPC Lev's, staggered to arrive at my OSB about half an hour apart, happily picking up full loads on a regular basis...but add somebody else's NPC's showing up to make a purchase at the same time and they all wind up with empty cargo holds.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:54 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Thank you for all these suggestions. It turns out, the problem I was having is something else...

I tried for a couple of weeks to get NPC's to pick up iron from my colony. Pickups were going well at the attached OSB there but nobody could get one of their NPC's to pick up at the colony and several did try for me.
I tried a lot of fixes but here's what finally worked....

The stock market I had on the planet was not located right at the warp in point...its coords were closer to 90, 78....not far, but apparently too far for the NPC's to find. The game won't let you build a 2nd stock market but it did let me tear down the one I had and rebuild it...this time at coords closer to 10, 10...and the NPC's are picking up from there, no problem. Wooohoooo \o/

Also, just a hunch here, but I think if more than 1 or two NPC's arrive at the same time they bump each other out and none of them picks up a load of cargo. I have had no problems with 2 NPC Lev's, staggered to arrive at my OSB about half an hour apart, happily picking up full loads on a regular basis...but add somebody else's NPC's showing up to make a purchase at the same time and they all wind up with empty cargo holds.

Interesting find with regard to the sm placement LH. Qty of npc's arriving in not a problem for me though. I have 100+ arriving at one destination at same time & they all pick up goods. Strange.
Previous