Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Day Cycle

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:20 pm

On the Vote for Current Era thread in the Politics forum, RAM and fleas are working on a game clock.

RAM is saying that there are eight Ascebt Days to one real life day. I am not sure I am seeing this. The Overview at my ISB tells me that I am producing 11,000 Supercoild per day. This should mean that I am producing 88,000 Supercoils per real time day. This is not the case. Inventory numbers tell me that I am producing 11,000 coils per day.

Also, I do not seem to see eight day/night cycles on the planets.

If there are eight Ascent days to e real life day, how is that manifesting itself?
Last edited by Mooncrest on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Dat Cycle

Postby RAM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:21 am

Jam stated that the game runs 8 days to one for us. Much of the build and production timers in game are real time. I think he is using a loose comparison that 8 game days pass per real life day. So a building that is built in one day in game really would be an 8 day build if Ascent time was really passing. A dome would take 16 days to build, but we see 2 days pass.

I do not think it is a real rigid time parallel, more a loose approximation of time passage, if I know Jam well. He is anything except legalistic or consistent about things like this.

As I explained to Leprosi tonight, fleas wanted to make a game clock. He talked to Jam about it and he was okay with it, but gave little direction, as usual. The game time is totally non-canon and just a fun silly thing. Fleas was working on a c# analog clock for the game. I decided to taunt him and made a quick AHK clock in 15 minutes. I wanted to just tease and annoy him a little. I found out it annoyed davh too, so that basically required me to keep going. 2 for 1. I couldn't have wished for much better.

Fleas worked out the era times. I just count from there.

So to sum it up. One day that we play and pass in game is "like" 8 days in Ascent Sector. What takes us 1 day, would take about 8 days in the game universe.

In game timers are real life time. My clock is just a annoying time stamp that approximates time passage in game.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:16 am

Ok, i can understand that. It makes sense in a weird way. I was hoping that there were 8 day/night cycles per real time day 'cos then I might be able to get to gert to my colonies when they are in daylight :D 'cos at the moment I always seem to hit them at night time.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Mooncrest wrote:Ok, i can understand that. It makes sense in a weird way. I was hoping that there were 8 day/night cycles per real time day 'cos then I might be able to get to gert to my colonies when they are in daylight :D 'cos at the moment I always seem to hit them at night time.

I think some are tidal locked. I always seem to find some of mine at night too. It is hard for the rAMISH to be on the dark side.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories