Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Day Cycle

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:20 pm

On the Vote for Current Era thread in the Politics forum, RAM and fleas are working on a game clock.

RAM is saying that there are eight Ascebt Days to one real life day. I am not sure I am seeing this. The Overview at my ISB tells me that I am producing 11,000 Supercoild per day. This should mean that I am producing 88,000 Supercoils per real time day. This is not the case. Inventory numbers tell me that I am producing 11,000 coils per day.

Also, I do not seem to see eight day/night cycles on the planets.

If there are eight Ascent days to e real life day, how is that manifesting itself?
Last edited by Mooncrest on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Dat Cycle

Postby RAM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:21 am

Jam stated that the game runs 8 days to one for us. Much of the build and production timers in game are real time. I think he is using a loose comparison that 8 game days pass per real life day. So a building that is built in one day in game really would be an 8 day build if Ascent time was really passing. A dome would take 16 days to build, but we see 2 days pass.

I do not think it is a real rigid time parallel, more a loose approximation of time passage, if I know Jam well. He is anything except legalistic or consistent about things like this.

As I explained to Leprosi tonight, fleas wanted to make a game clock. He talked to Jam about it and he was okay with it, but gave little direction, as usual. The game time is totally non-canon and just a fun silly thing. Fleas was working on a c# analog clock for the game. I decided to taunt him and made a quick AHK clock in 15 minutes. I wanted to just tease and annoy him a little. I found out it annoyed davh too, so that basically required me to keep going. 2 for 1. I couldn't have wished for much better.

Fleas worked out the era times. I just count from there.

So to sum it up. One day that we play and pass in game is "like" 8 days in Ascent Sector. What takes us 1 day, would take about 8 days in the game universe.

In game timers are real life time. My clock is just a annoying time stamp that approximates time passage in game.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:16 am

Ok, i can understand that. It makes sense in a weird way. I was hoping that there were 8 day/night cycles per real time day 'cos then I might be able to get to gert to my colonies when they are in daylight :D 'cos at the moment I always seem to hit them at night time.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Mooncrest wrote:Ok, i can understand that. It makes sense in a weird way. I was hoping that there were 8 day/night cycles per real time day 'cos then I might be able to get to gert to my colonies when they are in daylight :D 'cos at the moment I always seem to hit them at night time.

I think some are tidal locked. I always seem to find some of mine at night too. It is hard for the rAMISH to be on the dark side.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories