User

majortom

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Tue May 30, 2017 11:53 pm

cant redock my hawk

Postby majortom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:37 am

my archon is near a colony alt. 2800 ft when I try to redock it jumps 25 to 27 km away
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: cant redock my hawk

Postby RAM » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 am

majortom wrote:my archon is near a colony alt. 2800 ft when I try to redock it jumps 25 to 27 km away

Known issue. You have to chase it down. Most likely you left the thrusters on the main ship when you undocked.

If you have tried a few times and still can not get it, catch one of us old dudes in chat and we can try to help you through the issue.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: cant redock my hawk

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:06 pm

My method, which works well is to warp to the ship beacon then very slowly, using short bursts of the thrusters, move closer to the host vessel. Try and manoeuvre to the rear of the host vessel and approach it from above and in line with the centreline of the host vessel. As you get closer angle the Hawk nose down, aiming for the middle of the host vessel. When you are quite close, raise the nose of the Hawk and right click on the hose vessel. If you are close enough, you should dock.

You can only dock when you are directly above the host vessel and facing forward; that is matching the facing of the host vessel. This is why approaching from behind is a good tactic; as it gets your lined up correctly.

As RAM says, if you are still having difficult, call on a vet player thst may be able to help.