LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: SWAT - ShipWrights and Associated Trades Guild

Postby LadyHawk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Oops...2 small corrections....

I do have Broadsides researched to class 5 as well and that was hyperdrives I have to sell, not mhyperdives :lol:
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi ladyHawk,

I see from davh62's post that he wishes to concentrate on Class 16+ Modules only. However, I am sure he could have his arm twisted be persuaded to make any higher Class Weaponry that may be needed. However, I think it would be unlikely that Weapons of the very highest Class would be needed immediately. After all, the game allows up to 50 weapons to be installed on a ship, which means that each weapon cannot be that large. I am not a combat guru, but I feel that a lot of small, cheap weapons could be more effective than a few, expensive large ones.

Now to pricing. What I am proposing is Price Fixing. I am making no claims for it to be otherwise. However, I want the calculations for how the Guild works out its prices to be absolutely transparent. This is why I have asked for the calculations to be simple. In this way, both the Guild Members and the Guild's customers can be satisfied that each is getting a satisfactory deal.

Player's do not have to join the Guild to sell ships. If a Player does not wish to follow the Guild in its Pricing Policy, then we will say 'Good luck' and let them do their thang. I am very concerned at the moment that my prices are still too low: not because I wish to make more profit, but because, other than myself, only Moneyman is advertising a shipbuilding service and MM is only making Class 11 to 13 ships.

I hope that the Guild Policy on Pricing will be to have our prices as low as we dare and still be able to make a profit. This is the policy I have followed since I started the business and I believe that it is the best policy for the game. These will be the maximum Prices that a Guild Member will be able to charge. It should also be the usual price a Guild Member will charge. However, under special circumstances, a Guild Members may charge less. Those 'circumstances' could be any that the Member decides are 'special'.

My fundamental idea for the purpose of the Guild is that Players will order from the Guild; not necessarily a specific Guild Member. Therefore, all Guild Members should charge the same price. In my opinion, a First to See, First to Make ordering system will give a quicker turnaround than waiting for a specific Guild Member to be online before the order can be manufactured. Of course, this will only work if we have a few Members making complete ships. If this procedure and a fixed price policy cannot be agreed upon, then I see no point in having a Guild.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi Moon/Lady Hawk

Yes indeed I'm more than happy to contribute weapons or anything to help the guild succeed. I should say that I'm not however interested in turning it into something that take up a lot of my time. I see myself as a background mod builder & you guys "front of shop".
I'm more than happy to provide you stock to your requirements. Obviously I would take a lesser profit as you will be doing the real front end stuff with your customers. We can work out the details when & if you are happy with that arrangement.

With regard to profit. Certainly at the lower end 33.3% as a minimum would be my thoughts based on LM pricing & current t/n. This would obviously need to change if the new president changes rates.

Moon has been struggling to keep up with demand at times so a guild approach does make a lot of sense. I do believe that a big lump of stock up front would be highly beneficial. This in itself will be no easy task but I believe we have a lot of time before the player base expands.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 pm

davh62 has sent me his spreadsheet for calculating Sales Prices. I have used this to convert the calculated Cost Prices to usage of Niobium and Tin. Then I applied the markup; I used 1.40 that davh62 used. Then I calculated how much this material would cost to buy using the Niobium Cost Price. The result being the Sales Price in Credits.

The resultant prices are very close to my own current prices; which took a long and arduous method to calculate.

The above will be the starting point of our discussion on Guild prices.

We each have to decide if this method gives enough return to the Guild Member and, at the same time, is a fair enough price for the customer that we will not get complaints that we cannot defend.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Mooncrest wrote:davh62 has sent me his spreadsheet for calculating Sales Prices. I have used this to convert the calculated Cost Prices to usage of Niobium and Tin. Then I applied the markup; I used 1.40 that davh62 used. Then I calculated how much this material would cost to buy using the Niobium Cost Price. The result being the Sales Price in Credits.

The resultant prices are very close to my own current prices; which took a long and arduous method to calculate.

The above will be the starting point of our discussion on Guild prices.

We each have to decide if this method gives enough return to the Guild Member and, at the same time, is a fair enough price for the customer that we will not get complaints that we cannot defend.

I'm happy :D . Endorsed.
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Moon,

I'm fine with the plan, as I understand it so far but not sure how it would be adapted for the combat supplies I'd be selling. Davh said Axials, Shields and Armor were included on the spreadsheet he initially sent you...could you send me that also? Or else, could you include calculations on your spreadsheet for those as well?

Thanks!
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm

I am only semi active but I normally do about 10 ships on launch day of the new class, i put those on gm at staggered prices.

I can build up to class 19 ships, H_D, armour, shields, turrets and axial I do not build MB, RS or broadsides. note working on class 20.
(axials are to be the most powerful per damage vs time, however unsure if that came to pass or if they did get any leeway in target zone, both were said to have been done but I have never tested it).

I normally do not engage in shipwright enterprise I feel like moon has a great product at fantastic prices and I am not will to sacrifice my time to compete against.

however if there is a serous rush of players like the steam launch (feels like a million years ago) I can retool to build a few things, only have 9 shipyards and at high class ships/modules they take a long time to build (day per lv).

as always good luck
Wulf
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 pm

LadyHawk,
I'll work something out for Weaponry as son as I can. I'll post it here foe all to view.

Wulf,
Thanks for the offer. Let's hope we have not wasted our time planning for a ruch that never comes :D
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Any further news on the guild front moon? I have many odd class mods kicking about that I could donate to the guild cause.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 pm

davh62,
I'm not sure where I am going with this. I can work with yourself, LadyHawk and Moneyman to produce ships, but the guild needs players who are willing to make ships as a their main gaming play and I'm not sure there are any. I know that there are a few who build a ship from time to time, but a guild would need consistency.

For the time being, I am very busy with orders for NPC ships, which is keeping me ties up. I will reassess when I have these orders completed.
PreviousNext