User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Rules

Postby rmartz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Vargas wrote:1: It was just the 1 item with Jac but it's a good example as Jac is the most vocal of my opponents on the forums and in game.

What am I? Chopped liver? :P
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Vargas wrote:1: It was just the 1 item with Jac but it's a good example as Jac is the most vocal of my opponents on the forums and in game.

2: Not specifically based on trouble I've caused that can be punished. I want to know if my account will be looked upon in an unfavourable way due to my nature and, lack of, mannerisms.

So a guy walks into a bar wearing a T-shirt with the bar owner's head on it behind a big crossed out symbol, and a slogan underneath saying "down with Dave's Bar!", and says, "what, you think I'm a trouble maker? Why me!?!?!?"

Seriously what's the punchline?
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

Prolapser

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Postby Prolapser » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:51 pm

BRB going to buy more popcorn.
no avatar
User

Jacarie

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Postby Jacarie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 pm

jam wrote:

2: Not specifically based on trouble I've caused that can be punished. I want to know if my account will be looked upon in an unfavourable way due to my nature and, lack of, mannerisms.

So a guy walks into a bar wearing a T-shirt with the bar owner's head on it behind a big crossed out symbol, and a slogan underneath saying "down with Dave's Bar!", and says, "what, you think I'm a trouble maker? Why me!?!?!?"

Seriously what's the punchline?

Wait. wait, wait let me get this right Vargie, you put a bullseye on your own head. And now you wonder why it is there? You wanted to be a Villian and guess what you got what you wanted! If you don't want to be that anymore I for one would say " the past is the past let's look to the future" And welcome you back to the good side of the force, Anakin Skywalker did in the end I'm sure you can if that is really what you want to do.
User

Vargas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Postby Vargas » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:13 am

Prolapser wrote:BRB going to buy more popcorn.

Glad to provide the entertainment.

The reason I am asking is because I want to know if my account will be treated as Vargas the account or as Vargas the character.

So far domderek is the only one to figure out a part of my plans. Congrats to you Dom, I will allow have your moment to explain what I've been doing if anyone's interested.

Right now I'm going to italy soi have plane to board. I will see about getting on here in the next week.
The Peoples New Eden Alliance. We learnt from history.
no avatar
User

domderek

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 am

Postby domderek » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:17 am

Vargas wrote:So far domderek is the only one to figure out a part of my plans. Congrats to you Dom, I will allow have your moment to explain what I've been doing if anyone's interested.

Now you are just making me feel smart than I really am. :P

Right now I'm going to italy soi have plane to board. I will see about getting on here in the next week.

Have a good trip. Don't try convincing your pilot to get on the PVP/ New Eden, though. I hear planes in real life don't bounce like Ascent space ships.
Domderek
Chairman of the M.I.N.E.R.S. Guild Council

M.I.N.E.R.S Guild
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:35 am

Vargas wrote:

The reason I am asking is because I want to know if my account will be treated as Vargas the account or as Vargas the character.

So far domderek is the only one to figure out a part of my plans. Congrats to you Dom, I will allow have your moment to explain what I've been doing if anyone's interested.

heh, the answer is "will Vargas the character cause Vargas the account to break the rules?".

I'd ban you if I absolutely had to. But it would suck. On your worst day you're a good simulation for the ACTUAL trolls and griefers who will one day come here, only they wont be as creative or funny. Bleh.

I would much rather see you play as head of the vast Vargan crime syndicate. Way more possibilities there.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
no avatar
User

domderek

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 am

Postby domderek » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:03 am

jam wrote:
Vargas wrote:

heh, the answer is "will Vargas the character cause Vargas the account to break the rules?".

I'd ban you if I absolutely had to. But it would suck. On your worst day you're a good simulation for the ACTUAL trolls and griefers who will one day come here, only they wont be as creative or funny. Bleh.

I would much rather see you play as head of the vast Vargan crime syndicate. Way more possibilities there.

Selling black market mining beams and stolen Buffaloes. :P

In all seriousness, though, while Vargie has done an excellent job of getting under people's skin, I don't think he has done anything terribly "ban-able" especially since the hard rules weren't in place at the time. Things like jacking items and such are not really "breaking rules" as that is how the game mechanic works right now. Maybe for language, but again, there was no rule against it specifically at the time.

I don't "approve" of the character that he has created, but I personally feel he doesn't deserve a ban. We'll all take it out on him once he gets his beloved PVP.
Domderek
Chairman of the M.I.N.E.R.S. Guild Council

M.I.N.E.R.S Guild
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:56 pm

jam wrote:I would much rather see you play as head of the vast Vargan crime syndicate. Way more possibilities there.

Kind of the Magneto of Ascent! I love it!!!

Can't wait to play Chess with you!

Can't claim to be the brain X is though. I would more be one of the custodians in the prison.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Vargas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Postby Vargas » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:33 pm

OK so it seems I've accomplished my goal of turning some PvE players into PvP ones. Pissing people off will no longer be required.

From now on, and for the sake of not getting in trouble, I will only focus on a lore based villain.
The Peoples New Eden Alliance. We learnt from history.
PreviousNext