User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 am

Re: Edge or Anomaly found in space.

Postby Vivic » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:06 am

Was playing around with some of Bozacks traveled distance or measurements in LY. With jams photo i may how found where we are. This is a big guess. There are 3 spots that match his distance traveled in a straight line this is the best one . Painted on a cropped part of the photo darkened slightly but here it is .
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiUxZcs3_cVmmBe_ajuAxtx0Zz1x

Vivic
Test ideas by experiment and observation.
Build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and Question everything!
Follow these rules and the cosmos is ours!
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:03 pm

If you are right, and I thought we were on the outer arm, then we are a long way from earth and have huge jumps to even get across to the next arm. We are going to need a massive gate system to get anywhere this far out, or we need better gates. Great job.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Vivic » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:21 am

So i have had a lot of travelling this wall only to find no way by it , I came to the conclusion that i'm on the top or bottom of the galaxy. that's a big revelation let me tell you lol. That makes +z and -z the top and bottom of the galaxy yay! (Not sure which is which.) One can travel freely through arms as there are stars avalable, there are very few walls with no stars in the galaxy, if any.

This means to get anywhere within our galaxy you have to travel along the x and y axis, another big deal .
Finding the max distance one can travel on these 4 axis will give us 4 different spots in the galaxy,of where we are exactly.(amusing the lengths are different.) This is the big goal.

For the short term i would like to find a unusual part on the map with changes in density i can study and map to make a small puzzle piece. With this small puzzle piece ( 500x500 small right? hehe) i might be able to find a matched spot to jams map. So if anyone has any bookmarks with unusual density changes (of the stars) let me know i would like to investigate see if it warrants mapping and looking for a match.
Not sure what day but log 3 ,
Vivic

PS, Disregard my previous little map placing Apollo it's complete garbage.( i was guessing that the arms had walls with no stars, this is not the case)
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:00 am

According to CWA:

Crowded Sector 20,14,53
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Vivic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:37 pm

RAM wrote:According to CWA:

Crowded Sector 20,14,53

Ya i took a look and nothing seems unusual around these sector coordinates. I judge density on how long it takes for my map to load a set of stars, this area even with bookmarks and gates only takes 7 secs to load i have had up to 14 secs load time as my longest. Close to two times this density, approximately. Nothing i can map around these parts to help well with any puzzle piece i make thanks though ram and CWA. I appreciate the input.
Previous