Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 am

Edge or Anomaly found in space.

Postby Vivic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Back story ,
Trying to get to 299,792,458 sector because it is the same as the speed of light expressed in m/s. So i started out choosing crappy looking dead planets (red small dull ones) going out more in a positive y direction but still traveling on a angle more up then out. All is going good then space thins out and i cant really go any more no more stars.

Some of my findings,
I got part way towards my goal 137,200,140 and hit a wall (void area of stars) i thought it was the + X direction i lost travel in at first. Turns out with a bit of exploration and map traveling i came to the conclusion that i can not travel any further along positive Z then sector 138-141 kinda bumps along (not flat). You will find what i'm talking about at Vivic-uc2-1280.

Questions for you,
Does anyone have any bookmarks with a positive z value greater then 141?

- If so this is just a anomaly of missing systems/stars.Ram will like that less sectors to map.

How far would i need to travel in any direction along this to classify it as a edge?

Is it really a edge?....

Could you fly out and look?
-It is only 67k hydrogen out from Apollo (see system above for loc.)

Notes :
All values talked about are + only not negative.

The area is sparce so it will take me some time to explore in any direction to find out what this is.

Others are having trouble getting past 191 on +Z if i could ask you to post what direction you are going so we might not miss anything passage ways ferther etc. tnx

The wall has a wave to it increasing in size away from appollo the more one goes down is in the +x direction, moving closer to apollo when traveling in the neq x direction (prelemenary findings. thanks purple!)

If we are in a spiral galaxy and find a way by this we we can hyopthize that the way by might be the by the centre of the galxy opening up sevral arms. (just a thought)

If a centre of the galaxy is found to be in "that area" we would be able to better know where we might be of where to explore .(another thought)

Had to share this , thanks for your time and future input!

Vivic
Last edited by Vivic on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Test ideas by experiment and observation.
Build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and Question everything!
Follow these rules and the cosmos is ours!
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Edge or Anomaly found in space.

Postby Moneyman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 pm

:mrgreen: Nicely done.
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Vivic » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:40 am

Between purple and myself we covered 100 sectors of distance along this edge or wall or whatever from point of incidence.
He traveled 50 sectors tonight along the wall in the +X direction. I traveled 50 sectors along the lets call it a wall, 50 sectors in the - X direction.
The wall itself deviates with available stars a sector sometimes 2 in the + and - z direction it is not flat. In fact the 100 sector distance revealed to us that the wall on purples end, +X direction is increasing in distance along the +Z direction away from Apollo. While mine is decreasing along the +Z axis making me closer to Apollo . The number is going off what he said in chat but it appears to be a 8-10 sector angle on the wall away from Apollo on the +X side over a 100 sector distance.

What do we know for sure, the wall is not straight but angled away from Apollo on the X axis slightly. We have only documented direction travel away from point of incidence along the X axis . Nothing has been done with y axis.
Log one , day one,
Vivic
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:40 am

Hi Viv. Just been out to Vivic-uc2-1280 & I still see many systems. Not too sure it's an edge. But we don't even know if the inners are central so who knows. I've been out around the 13k LY mark & it's hugely dense.
Boz may be able to add more info.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi all...o/

I traveled along the positive X axis with the z axis increasing at times to +148, until I got to gotpurplefleas-257, which is located at 275x, 206y, 142z, which shows that the Expanse (lol) was once again encroaching into Z space. I am fully expecting that this is an arm that will turn outwards again, tho as it has been stated, we don't know exactly where we are in the galaxy, so I can't say that with certainty. The Y axis needs to be explored further too, because at one point I came across a section that appeared to be only 12 sectors thick...top to bottom. This may have only been a point that stuck out into the expanse, or it could have been the edge of space...idk.

As with all flearants please take this all as my perception of what I was graphically experiencing, and not as point of fact...I am frequently mistaken about these things. so...for what it's worth...

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Vivic » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Need to add some notes for more info , at vivic-hbc-1306 star sector 98, 205, 141.
The wall has moved or i'm turning a corner , i now have some access to the +z direction but have lost stars in the + X direction at the above location. added this info in case this might be a corner. This is just a bubble that got me excited (i can only see 3 sectors) nonethe less i went out abrubltly at the above point or sure felt like it . 4 sector change outward on the +Z axis. (sure eeemed abrupt)
(10:30 MST)

Another shift like the last one with the losing the x and gaing z vivic-kk0-1311 as this marker. another shift out 4 sectors just like the last .
(10:58mst)
Lost part of the distance gained outward from Apollo 4 sectors back towards Apollo vivic-q8d-1319. Still trying to push by +z and or contour whatever this is.
It is a bubble lost all my ground in pos. z back to 138 on poz z from 144.
The demensions of the bubble is 22 sectors across 6 sectors high away from apoloo. Ending at vivic-4h0-1323.
lets get back out there enough notes.

Starting to get pushed in at sector at 11,209, 138 vivic-xts-1342,nearing 0 on the x axis.

Arrived at the 0 sector of the x axis , i get the feeling i'm kinda halfway up the arm towards the ceiling. I can confirm or deny this theory by switching to a positive or negative y direction. If i'm on the "ceiling" like predicted if i go down the neg y the path will open up confirming the ceiling theory. then i can continue or contour the ceiling by going in the +y direction. Now is a better time then any to head down the neg y axis see what i'n dealing with . The sector address is 0, 207,136 system here is vivic-3on-1347. I will be continuing down the y axis from this spot keeping to the wall .

I have covered 137 sectors along the -X axis from point of incidence. Small variance in the y access from start to finish on the x due to star availability. (2:39 mst)

I have traveled 13 sectors down the y axis far more difficult to go down. There for the lack of a better word shelves of stars that go out, after moving out to the wall one cant go down, the next set of stars is to far down, I need to backtrack in drop down and go back out every 3 sectors far more time consuming. (This is confirmed in purples notes above same thing he just doesn't call it a shelf.) The wall is still there, maybe we should call it Floyd , (Pink Floyd's The Wall!). had to share what i found dinner time! (4:38 mst)

Final thoughts for the day ,
I believe given a large enough time on this wall with say 250 by 250 sectors 5 sectors deep i might be able to make a 3d model of the outside rough edge, like that of our finger prints. Get a very , very good map of the galaxy that would show these raised finger print like bumps on the exterior of the arms. Grab the model and the map and start searching. Match them up and like magic we know where we are , where the center is and where earth is located all in one big go. Going to highlight this area and ask for feedback.

If i could get your feedback on the above highlighted pink text it would be appreciated. (9:11 pm MST)
Log 2 day 2
Vivic
Last edited by Vivic on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:22 am, edited 11 times in total.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Vivic wrote:Need to add some notes for more info , at vivic-hbc-1306 star sector 98, 205, 141.
The wall has moved or i'm turning a corner , i now have some access to the +z direction but have lost stars in the + X direction at the above location. added this info in case this might be a corner.
Questions to answer later ;
How long does this corner or change in direction go?
How big might a gap be if there is one ? (10:30 MST)
lets get back out there enough notes.
May just be a bubble still looking

Oh you got the ascent exploring bug bad my man! Great to see, please keep us updated.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Vivic, I think its great how you've re-awakened so much interest in exploring deep space here! Keep up the good work :-)

I was wondering, though, if there actually IS an edge to the universe here? Could it be that, just like when we enter a new asteroid field and that triggers new asteroids to begin to spawn, that every time we get out to to where no other systems have been discovered yet, new systems are triggered to spawn?
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Vivic » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Vivic, I think its great how you've re-awakened so much interest in exploring deep space here! Keep up the good work :-)

I was wondering, though, if there actually IS an edge to the universe here? Could it be that, just like when we enter a new asteroid field and that triggers new asteroids to begin to spawn, that every time we get out to to where no other systems have been discovered yet, new systems are triggered to spawn?

The game is mapped after out own galaxy the milky way a spiral galaxy, is it "The edge" not sure. I can tell you out there what i call a wall is space devoid of stars (for 3 sectors at least) the stars are all fixed in position i have yet to see a star system spawn. I have found a edge and traveled along it.Where this edge might be located within a spiral galaxy who knows jam could have put Apollo anywhere i could have just traveled along a wall, ceiling, or floor of the arm of the galaxy.
Anything i would say more than that would be a guess but going to throw out a guess anyways.
I hit the upper part of a wall or transition to the ceiling of a arm of the spiral . further evidence can prove me right or wrong shortly (i think), Hope that answers your question should you want to visit it is only 70k hydrogen from Apollo. The original post has the system of of where i first encountered this emptiness when i ran into it.
Vivic
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Vivic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:49 am

Whare are we ?
Couldn't help myself, if i could get your feedback on the pink text above it would be great !
Vivic
Last edited by Vivic on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next